Homebrew RetroArch Switch

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I have said several times. The hash IS the same.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I guess you aren't going to help? I'v confirmed multiple times that everything is the way its supposed to be. The md5 checksum hash is the same, (picture is in this post as proof), the name is correct and the core info says its present. Why wont it work then?

Holy shit bro calm down! You sound like you're about to have a meltdown or something.

I see that you hashed "a file" but I can't see the actual filename in your screenshot. I'm assuming that's "scph5501.bin" and if it is then your issue must be something else. Why don't you try copying the "scph5501.bin" file that is on your switch right now to your desktop and then hash that file and see what it says. Since you're using exFAT which is SHIT for Homebrew, I'm guessing that it might have gotten corrupted.

I suspect you probably checked this, but just to make sure, go to Settings->Directories and check your folders.

On Switch, the default "system" folder is "/retroarch/cores/system" NOT "/retroarch/system" it is quite confusing really.

I am not sure if I ever even installed a bios, but I can check later when I have my Switch. I vaguely remember that the pcxs-rearmed core works fine even without a bios.

"SD://retroarch/system" for me...

ra-system.png

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit bro calm down! You sound like you're about to have a meltdown or something.

First, why wouldn't I have been angry? I had on multiple occasions explained what I had tried, only for multiple people to repeatedly tell me to just try the same thing as though they had never read what I'd said. Not only did you regurgitate the same advice and ignore that I had already said that I had checked the hash, you seemed to find it appropriate to exclaim in caps that the hash must be "INCORRECT!" as though I was simply an idiot or had lied. Second, the file is named scph5501.bin, as it should be and as I had already said. If you don't believe me, I can check the hash again with the name in the shot this time. Third, the directory defaulted for me to cores/system. Even if it hadn't, I already used the directory menu to force it to the location I have the files.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see that you hashed "a file" but I can't see the actual filename in your screenshot. I'm assuming that's "scph5501.bin" and if it is then your issue must be something else. Why don't you try copying the "scph5501.bin" file that is on your switch right now to your desktop and then hash that file and see what it says. Since you're using exFAT which is SHIT for Homebrew, I'm guessing that it might have gotten corrupted.

ra-system.png
why do u have those .txt ?? what do u write in scph5501-Sony PlayStation.txt?

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The point to be made here is that homebrew does NOT support ExFAT, meaning your filesystem has already started spuriously corrupting, and we only support bug reports running on Atmosphere. Considering the severity of the former, though, that is going to be your biggest concern; wipe the card clean, then format it to FAT32 (either natively in OSX or *nix, or with GuiFormat in Windows) and transfer your romsets and files fresh from your PC. Wouldn't recommend a backup now, seeing as it's causing corruption as-is.
Otherwise, use vanilla Atmosphere.

[Edit]
And stop arguing, all three or four of you. It's not healthy.

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: enderer

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I got the PUAE Amiga core to work on Switch. I added it to the Switch buildbot yesterday! It should already be in the latest nightly.

BIOS files:
"kick34005.A500" Kickstart v1.3 (Rev. 34.005) Amiga 500 md5: 82a21c1890cae844b3df741f2762d48d
"kick40063.A600" Kickstart v3.1 (Rev. 40.063) Amiga 600 md5: e40a5dfb3d017ba8779faba30cbd1c8e
"kick40068.A1200" Kickstart v3.1 (Rev. 40.068) Amiga 1200 md5: 646773759326fbac3b2311fd8c8793ee

Put BIOS files in Retroarch system folder e.g. "/retroarch/cores/system/"

It is very rough, but it already allows playing IK+ with sound fx, something that I couldn't get to work in UAE4All2! Just turn off Compatible Mode in quickmenu->options to make the sound fx in IK+ work. The option requires a restart of the core to take effect.

Currently, there are quite some problems, for example there's a confusing GUI that only shows correctly when hi-res mode is enabled, and there's no two-player support yet.

Sonninnos and I will be working on improving this core.
Niiiice :D
BTW I'm trying to load an .uae file from playlist but it says "failed to load file", the uae file is Turrican (Europe).uae
Code:
floppy0=/roms/Commodore - Amiga/floppies/Turrican (Europe).adf

The path to the .adf is correct, roms folder is in root.

uae files are handy when loading more than 1 floppy

Last edited by cucholix,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe spaces in the filename are the problem, idk. I will try to fix the disk control implementation on the weekend, to allow changing disks properly using the Retroarch menu.

In the meantime, I think you should be able to swap disks using the gray gui that comes up when you press the Y button. Use touch to control the mouse, or press select to toggle DPAD mouse navigation on/off. There's a floppy menu there.

Sonninnos and I are planning to improve the usability and do bug fixes asap.

Last edited by rsn8887,
Reactions: hippy dave

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Maybe spaces in the filename are the problem, idk. I will try to fix the disk control implementation on the weekend, to allow changing disks properly using the Retroarch menu.

In the meantime, I think you should be able to swap disks using the gray gui that comes up when you press the Y button. Use touch to control the mouse, or press select to toggle DPAD mouse navigation on/off. There's a floppy menu there.

When loading uae files directly it doesn’t load the game directly either, it boots the gui, just making sure it does support uae files like in WiiU :)

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Sonninnos and I made lots of progress on PUAE Amiga core recently. This should all be in the next nightly:

I just merged a large PR from Sonninnos that
- fixes two player controls
- implements new core options API
- implements hotkeys like in Vice core
- makes status bar better
- allows starting the emulated Amiga without content
- adds many additional core options
- fixes many other problems

I added an option to disable usage of "system/WHDLoad.hdf" so one can load single bootable .hdf files directly.

Then, I fixed the Quickmenu->Disk Control options. Those now work to allow swapping of disks. You can select "Disk Control -> Append" to insert a new disk. Note that every time Quickmenu->Disk Control->Append is chosen, the virtual tray is automatically opened, disk inserted, tray closed, new index # created, and menu exited. It was obviously designed with CD systems like Playstation in mind. It is a bit convoluted, but in my testing today it worked great.

You can also select "Cycle Tray" to eject the current disk. Then, when the "virtual tray" is open, you can use the index option to change the disk index. The menu remembers all appended disks within one session, and assigns index numbers to each disk as you append them. A new number is assigned as soon as a new disk is appended. This is useful for games that keep asking for disk swaps back and forth. After opening the tray and selecting the next index to insert, click cycle tray again to close the tray.

Some things I tested on Switch: I started the core without disk, then use Quickmenu->Disk Control->Append to insert any disk, and the Amiga would boot the disk. I could also load a multi-disk game like Banshee AGA. When the game asked for disk 2, I was able to use Quickmenu->Disk Control->Append to insert disk 2 and it worked.

Last edited by rsn8887,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

uae files work! :D
You have to make sure to indicate the bios file path too :P
Code:
kickstart_rom_file=/retroarch/system/kick34005.A500
floppy0=/roms/Commodore - Amiga/floppies/Turrican (Europe).adf

You can add as many floppies as you wish

Reactions: hippy dave

sp0rkeh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem that I was hoping somebody would be able to help me with. I've Googled it some but I don't really see anybody with the same issue.

My problem is that my savestate creation is incredibly slow. On the Genesis Plus GX core, it takes about 10 seconds to create a savestate. On SNES9X 2010, it takes probably 45-60 seconds. I've used Retroarch on a lot of different types of systems, including some very underpowered ones, and I've hardly ever seen the savestate progress bar, let alone had to wait for it. Is this expected behavior on the Switch currently or is there an issue with my setup? I've tried enabling threading options and launching RetroArch using title replacement, but neither seems to have any impact on the issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited by sp0rkeh,

gabisenk

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I am having a problem running some n64 game with retroarch. They usually run slow, and I tweaked the settings a little bit. Found out that framebuffer emulation slows things then and after that , games like super mario 64 , doneky kong 64 and banjoo kazooie ran full speed , but donkey kong 64 and banjoo kazooie have visual glitches, in banjoo almost a quarter of the screen is glitched and donkey kong 64 has camera stuttering issues. Anyone know how to fix this?

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
@rsn8887 Rick Dangerous is working for you? The game boots but then the controls don’t respond.

Yes it works just fine for me, using the default core options (A500 model etc.). You can press start on each core option in quickmenu->options when a game is loaded to reset to default. Then close content and load it again. Because almost all core options apart from sound only works after core is completely unloaded and then reloaded

My Rick Dangerous that works is this one: Rick Dangerous (1989)(Micro Style)[cr QTX].adf

Last edited by rsn8887,

akey83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
everytime I try to download a core or online-update I get a "task failed" message - any ideas? I'm on latest RetroArch, Atmo with latest hbmenu.

edit: looks like I get the "failed task" message when extracting the newly downloaded content.

Last edited by akey83,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I never had that problem. Maybe a problem with the SD card?
- Make sure none of your SD card folders has the archive permission bit set.
- Don't use exFAT, only FAT32.
- Try deleting Retroarch, download from buildbot.libretro.com, unzip the .7z and copy to your sd card manually.

PUAE Switch core news:
More details: https://www.patreon.com/posts/29424799

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol