RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. samcambolt270

samcambolt270 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    it's called "Psx rearmed", if im remember correctly. it's the only ps1 core I have to my knowledge.
    EDIT: It's called "Sony - Playstation (pcsx ReARMed)"

Last edited by samcambolt270, Aug 22, 2019
  2. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    For PCSX-ReARMed all you need is "scph5501.bin" and it goes in the "/retroarch/system" folder.

Also make sure the bios file you have is the correct one. The MD5 should be "490f666e1afb15b7362b406ed1cea246".

3. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    I do. I checked. I have the bios in the appropriate folder, the core information page even says it's "present." If I didn't have it, it would say "missing."

4. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Be sure to check 100% that the BIOS files are the correct ones, properly named and with the appropriate checksums:
    http://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/

If that doesn't work, make sure to delete everything related to PCSX Rearmed from your /retroarch/ directory, and open up the core again to try.
    I recommend in the worst of cases to delete the entire /retroarch/ folder (or rename it to retrobak), while leaving only the save folders fully backed up.

Last edited by ShadowOne333, Aug 22, 2019
  5. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Then your MD5 is INCORRECT! Just because it says "PRESENT" doesn't mean it's the correct file. You could put any file with the name "scph5501.bin" and it would still say "PRESENT". So you need to verify the checksum is correct. I'm using PCSX-ReARMed and it works fine for me.

6. ShadowOne333
    OP

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    I'm inclined to believe that too.
    It's gotta be either the naming convention or the bios is not the proper one.

FanboyKilla likes this.
  7. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    As I have said several times. The hash IS the same.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So I guess you aren't going to help? I'v confirmed multiple times that everything is the way its supposed to be. The md5 checksum hash is the same, (picture is in this post as proof), the name is correct and the core info says its present. Why wont it work then?

Attached Files:

8. ShadowOne333
    OP

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico

9. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Also make sure your files work fine in desktop RA before asking about it on Switch just to rule it out.

10. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    I have tried both of these things. The files work on pc. I have reinstalled on switch multiple times. Still no dice.

11. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Oh my god. I have tried literally everything. I have reinstalled retroarch at least 6 times. I have tried multiple different bios files. I have checked the md5 of each and confirmed they are identical. I have tested the files on pc. I have ensured they are named correctly. What the hell else am I supposed to do? The error is still there.

12. stick267

stick267 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 17, 2018
    United States
    Download the BIOS from a different source?

13. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    I did. I have used multiple different bios from multiple different sources.

14. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I suspect you probably checked this, but just to make sure, go to Settings->Directories and check your folders.

On Switch, the default "system" folder is "/retroarch/cores/system" NOT "/retroarch/system" it is quite confusing really.

I am not sure if I ever even installed a bios, but I can check later when I have my Switch. I vaguely remember that the pcxs-rearmed core works fine even without a bios.

15. HappehLemons

HappehLemons Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2011
    United States
    Bios for psx work fine for for me in retroarch psx. Just dropped them in the folder shown and I was good to go.

16. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    Yes, its in cores/system, not retroarch/system. Even if I'd used an incorrect directory, I have also tried using the directories menu in to force the bios directory to the one I was using. Still nothing.

17. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Are you using an NSP? Is your SD card formatted in FAT32 or ExFAT? Latest vanilla Atmosphere?

18. samcambolt270

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    The answers are "No. From the homebrew menu", "exfat", and "no, not atmosphere. reinx" respectively.

19. Palom

Palom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    I have yet to hack my Switch so I dunno about the other two details, but format to FAT32. exFAT isn't good for homebrew.

20. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Don't ever use exfat with Switch homebrew. I think it is hard to look up anything about Switch homebrew without reading this warning a thousand times.

Last edited by rsn8887, Aug 23, 2019
    FanboyKilla likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted