Homebrew RetroArch Switch

D

Deleted User

@AirbusX Try to launch retroarch, set cpu overclocking to 1700Mhz, close retroarch, open PPSSPP standalone. Did you still have clicking? It work for me.
The overclock from retroarch (or whatever app that touch frequencies) stay until you close the application entierely I think (unless you have some plugin that will break this behavior)

Last edited by , , Reason: edit
D

Deleted User

@rsn8887 I think the overclocking from any homebrew act like this :)
The HBL could re-set the default values at start but it could also interfer with some plugin or whatever people use to manage overclock.
I am lazy to do it now, but it could be cool to have an app that is not a plugin to set overclock, say stock or custom, or some preset. accessible from hbl and not based on a game or titleid basis. (maybe sys-clk can do it I have not even tried to find a solution really).

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Latest news on Sonninnos and my work on Retroarch Vice core:

See also https://www.patreon.com/posts/29210166 for a few more details.

I also added a mouse speed option to DOSbox-SVN core yesterday. It helps with some games where the mouse pointer moves really fast (or slow).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Latest news on Sonninnos and my work on Retroarch Vice core:
https://twitter.com/rsn8887/status/1162341850478534657?s=20

See also https://www.patreon.com/posts/29210166 for a few more details.

I also added a mouse speed option to DOSbox-SVN core yesterday. It helps with some games where the mouse pointer moves really fast (or slow).
Vice Switch has now become my goto C64/16 Emu of choice.. The PSP was my og but now the Switch has taken the lead thanks mate for you continued work, it's much appreciated. :)

Reactions: cucholix

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dosbox mouse speed change is just what I needed to set up Rise of the Triad for dual-stick play, so kudos for that. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the max multiplier go higher as 3.0 is only just enough to make this work.

Reactions: rsn8887

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
The dosbox mouse speed change is just what I needed to set up Rise of the Triad for dual-stick play, so kudos for that. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the max multiplier go higher as 3.0 is only just enough to make this work.

Wow the mouse must be quite slow in that game. I will try to make another pull request tomorrow to go up to 4.0 if I find time :)

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well ROTT is an FPS if you aren't familiar, so the mouse is for camera turn rather than a cursor. But yes it is slow even on max sensitivity in-game. 1.0 was unusable, 3.0 is about the same speed as turning with keyboard.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: rsn8887

Z-bake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just made a new commit that hopefully removes the confusion around the issue by simply changing the default analog joystick mappings to blank ("---").

Once the new nightly hits, just delete your old core options to get the new defaults. Or reset them by hand by pressing start on each core option.

Then set "quickmenu->controls->Analog to Digital" to "Left Joystick" and it should hopefully work as intended.
Brilliant. Just tried the update and C64 on the Switch is a joy now :)

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone els having problems adding arcade / mame roms (using 1.7.7 nightly build).
i just installed nes ,snes and genesis roms by scanning the directory and they all up and work!
Only mame / arcade games won't show up after scanning a folder.

1. I downloaded no-intro roms
2. Also downloaded arcade / (fb alpha) , mame 2003 and finalburn Neo cores through the online core updater
3. updated core update files.
4. updated databases through the online updater
5. updated the assets through the online updater

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Audren_thread has been crashing me when I go to the menu. Audren seems to work better than switch though, don't hear any pops, so I'll go with that for now.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Audren_thread has been crashing me when I go to the menu. Audren seems to work better than switch though, don't hear any pops, so I'll go with that for now.
Try the latest nightlies.
I reported this same issue some days ago, and they have been solved with a commit from August 15th I think. So the latest nightlies should work find with Audren.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards