RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Not sure then sorry, if you're sure you're holding R on a game you've installed it should work.

2. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I'm doing it in Cadence of Hyrule, no luck.

3. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
  4. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
  5. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
  6. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Just download the link on that page to the patches, extract them, and transfer them to your sd card. Easy as can be.

7. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    I just realize that I can't run games on atmosphere. It gives me the same error.

8. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Yep I was right you need the patches, get them.

9. demalmar

demalmar Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    Yes , you were right, that is all I needed, the patches. Thank you very much for your help getting around this problem. Is this going to be like this in future versions? Need of patches and extra files? Or is this a temporary solution?

10. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    I'm playing Banjo-Kazooie and the audio sometimes stutters, like when there are multiple sound effects at the same time. Which setting could fix this? (Using Mupen Next with title redirection)

That's an Atmosphere thing, because ReSwitched doesn't support piracy.

11. ShadowOne333
    OP

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Do you have both Video and Audio set to threaded?
    if not, do so.
    And if you still have stutters, try the oveclocking option from the Quick Menu.

NFates likes this.
  12. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    You could try the new audio driver "audren_thread" instead of "switch_thread." It should be a bit faster.

13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Just curious, does that lead to the sound being recorded when you use Horizon's video capture?

14. NFates

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    I tried switch_thread as the sound driver and the Threaded Video option, most of it seems gone. Overclocking to Level 1 seems to help with the "multiple sound effects" cause, and I don't want to go beyond that level. I'm happy with the results, so thanks!
    That'll have to be another time, as I don't have it and can't update to the latest nightly at the moment.

Can I ask what's the difference between threaded and non-threaded?

Last edited by NFates, Aug 16, 2019 - Reason: Changed details
    ShadowOne333 likes this.
  15. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Threads. Duh. :P

Threaded = runs the sound processing across multiple CPU cores, versus running it all on a single core. In theory multicore should have less chance of hitches/popping as all cores divvy up the processing tasks so none get overloaded, but their could be issues synchronizing what all the threads are doing into something coherent. (Usually I noticed some "warble" in some cores using switch_threaded, and more audio lag as well.)

NFates likes this.
  16. rsn8887

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    Yes if you change the audio driver to the new audren_thread (or audren) then you can record with audio finally :)

I switched to audren_thread immediately as soon as it became available a few weeks ago or so, and never looked back.

Last edited by rsn8887, Aug 16, 2019
    cucholix and hippy dave like this.
  17. NFates

Mar 13, 2016
    Dominican Republic
    Probably home.
    Oh, forgot to ask previously:

Retroarch's overclocking is not system-wide (seeing as sys-clk exists), right?

18. delta nite

delta nite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Is it possible to upgrade to 1.7.7 by using Online Updater? I've only used it to update cores so far.

19. AirbusX

AirbusX Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    United States
    Strange you say that because for me Retroarch's core works much better than the standalone application. I was getting a lot of audio clicking on the standalone app and zero on Retroarch's.

20. rsn8887

Oct 8, 2015
    United States
    I didn't have such problems. There are a bunch of options though I don't remember how I configured it. I remember I turned off some kind of fast memory option or some such. But I might have messed with the other options too when I tested it.

Or maybe you were overclocking the Retroarch version?