Homebrew RetroArch Switch

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I still don't understand how people like to flood their menu with RetroArch game forwarders.
There's not even a search function in Horizon to look for a specific game.
It's a sweet feature for a few fav games but this guy is crazy (well he is even apart from that video). ;)
I'll make a forwarder for Windows 98 though as soon as I got that to work, like here:

Reactions: kylum and Csmrcc

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not.
Okay then: Wow.
What are the consequences? Right now the N64 core is using your somehow ported 32 bit dynarec, right?
So you would have to adjust a few things to replace it by the newly finished 64 bit one or did you do that already? :)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay then: Wow.
What are the consequences? Right now the N64 core is using your somehow ported 32 bit dynarec, right?
So you would have to adjust a few things to replace it by the newly finished 64 bit one or did you do that already? :)
No it's already using that dynarec.
There will still be some optimizations, but the bounty is done.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

aprils fools?

btw

I have an issue with PCSX Rearmed and FF 8, and according to google, I'm not alone.

Every time I hit a random encounter, the game freezes.

I tried several bios, no cheats, with cheats, changed video drivers, no sound, etc. Still the same. I even tried the PC version of retroarch, same results.

Any ideas?

Oh and btw, I also can't save the game, it says no memory card is present.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played through most of FF8 and never ran into that. Saving works too. I can believe there is an issue but it doesn't seem to be hitting everyone. I am using the latest stable build and not nightly though.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Uh I've played through most of FF8 and never ran into that. Saving works too. I can believe there is an issue but it doesn't seem to be hitting everyone. I am using the latest stable build and not nightly though.

I fixed it by using the SCPH7003.bin bios, other's won't work.

Now I can save and play normally (for now).

Reactions: Rahkeesh
D

Deleted User

I still don't understand how people like to flood their menu with RetroArch game forwarders.
There's not even a search function in Horizon to look for a specific game.
It's a sweet feature for a few fav games but this guy is crazy (well he is even apart from that video). ;)
I'll make a forwarder for Windows 98 though as soon as I got that to work, like here:

Unlike your work with win 98 (which will have no practical use to my knowledge) several people here love the forwarder ability for many reasons. Alot of people find the wall of icons intimidating but I don't. I find it artistic. I also think that this is much more convenient than scrolling through thousands of filenames in some cases. Like the mame romset for example with over 4000 files. If you actually watch the vid playing in this fashion has also caused me to get games working and to appreciate games that would have prob been buried. I don't like the negativity of your post but it's pretty much par for the course here. If I am crazy bah look at the world around you. As for your pride of windows 98 uh you go do that. I actually play videogames on my switch and I am proud of it.

i might be crazy but dude is lame. Go play minesweeper

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I used to change the notification font to the font.ttf from the xmb folders, but since a couple of nightlies the switch file browser does not see that filetype anymore. I tried forcing the font via config, it is displayed selected in the menu, but it still does not work. Anyone has a workaround or able to track the change in the source code?

Last edited by octopus,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unlike your work with win 98 (which will have no practical use to my knowledge) several people here love the forwarder ability for many reasons. Alot of people find the wall of icons intimidating but I don't. I find it artistic. I also think that this is much more convenient than scrolling through thousands of filenames in some cases. Like the mame romset for example with over 4000 files. If you actually watch the vid playing in this fashion has also caused me to get games working and to appreciate games that would have prob been buried. I don't like the negativity of your post but it's pretty much par for the course here. If I am crazy bah look at the world around you. As for your pride of windows 98 uh you go do that. I actually play videogames on my switch and I am proud of it.

i might be crazy but dude is lame. Go play minesweeper
Calm the f*ck down, mate. Didn't offend anybody nor had my post any negativity. Just shared my opinion (as that's what a forum is all about).
You're absolutely right about W98. Reason I'm doing it isn't far away from "Because I can". However I'll gladly play Minesweeper lol.

Also you can put any roms in RetroArch into any playlists, like one for fighting games (across all systems) only. Also usually playlist (and even non playlist folder lists in load content menu) are ordered and you can navigate quite fast through it with left and right arrows. L and R are even jumping between different starting letters.
However again, anyone might stick to whatever is prefered. Just shared my opinion. ;)

Last edited by lordelan,
D

Deleted User

Calm the f*ck down, mate. Didn't offend anybody nor had my post any negativity. Just shared my opinion (as that's what a forum is all about).
You're absolutely right about W98. Reason I'm doing isn't far away from "Because I can". However I'll gladly play Minesweeper lol.

Also you can put any roms in RetroArch into any playlists, like one for fighting games (across all systems) only. Also usually playlist (and even non playlist folder lists in load content menu) are ordered and you can navigate quite fast through it with left and right arrows. L and R are even jumpint between different starting letters.
However again, anyone might stick to whatever is prefered. Just shared my opinion. ;)

your opinion was negative and just gosh not productive. Same reason you like your pointless win 98 forwarder is the same reason i like my numerous rom forwarders. Personal preference. Just like religion and politics leave people alone about their personal preferences when it comes to emulators. Otherwise you just sound negative and i for one will make fun of you and your logic.

Lets go back to productive. So in the video you didn't actually watch I show killer instinct working on mame. People keep contacting me so just to be clear you need a folder called kinst with a kinst.chd inside. You then need a kinst.zip outside of that in your mame rom folder dir. This is different than from how people explain this on the net so I am explaining this. The files i use were in the mame plus reference set found on internet archive. This is also how I got area 51/maximum force working as well as war gods.

As for my shader issue there is a file called stock.glsl in the shader directory. Simply adding a p to the file name allowed me to now "see it" in the shader directory. So now I just save the shader I like as core preset and then load a new core and apply the stock file and that solves my problems. I post this for others in search of a fix for the same issue.

This community saddens me as people like myself who are willing to help and share are rare and most just want handouts. The rest trip over themselves to make rude remarks or correct people. GBAtemp has seen better days.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
your opinion was negative and just gosh not productive. Same reason you like your pointless win 98 forwarder is the same reason i like my numerous rom forwarders. Personal preference.
Glad you figured that out by yourself. :)

I did watch your video and although I already knew how to deal with arcade roms that need additional folders and files I'm glad you're someone willing to help others. So am I. :)

Theprodigyhnic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent work. Will this be updated to run N64 game mods one day. I'm mostly asking about WWF No Mercy mods. Those mods use Project64 as the emulator. Is there a way to convert a Project64 save file and cheat file to work with the switch version of Retroarch? Also is there a way to load a MPK? I have been googling information about this but haven't been able to find anything useful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.