Homebrew RetroArch Switch

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm doing holding R while launching a game on the main menu. I've done it before on an older SX OS but on 2.6.1 it doesn't work. I don't know why. I've tried about 5 different games all are nsps installed to internal or sd card but I just hold R and the game just starts it doesn't go to the homebrew menu.

Even though it didn't work (but maybe it has to for the rest to work properly) I launched dosbox, then launched System Shock and it works. But I am unable to change my controls.

I am just guessing, but maybe your hbmenu.nro is old or missing? Try to put the latest version hbmenu.nro in the root of your sd card folder, SX OS will load that when you hold R. The latest hbmenu is here:
https://github.com/switchbrew/nx-hbmenu/releases/latest

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I managed to map everything quite nicely with Keyboard+Mouse for Wolf3D :)
Only thing that I want to do is to be able to turn left/right by moving the Right analog stick, while I use the Left analog stick to move up/down and strafe left/right.
Is that possible? Something like mapping two keys to one controller input.

Why two keys? You mean holding CTRL plus Arrow or so? That is possible I think, but I never tried it.

Set user 1, 2, and 3 devices ALL three of them to Switch Controller 1 via Settings -> Input. Then got to quickmenu->controls. Set User 1 to joystick. Set user 2 to keyboard & mouse. Set user 3 to keyboard & mouse.

Now you can remap e.g. user 2 right stick X+ to keyboard_CTRL or whatever.
And then e.g. user 3 right stick X+ to arrow key right or whatever.

Now in the above example, if you press right stick X+, you will get CTRL+Arrow key right :) should be useful for strafing in some games.

Last edited by rsn8887,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that same thing and had hbmenu.nro already there and I replaced it but now I get "an error occured please try again later" while holding R.

Edit: tried the newest version on that github, and it just ignores it again and starts the game.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
I was reading that same thing and had hbmenu.nro already there and I replaced it but now I get "an error occured please try again later" while holding R.

Edit: tried the newest version on that github, and it just ignores it again and starts the game.

Try to remove hbmenu.nro from your sd card (SX OS has its own version bundled internally, and you can always put it back later). Try a different game with holding R. Maybe just that one game doesn't work anymore.

Edit: Please tell me you are NOT using exfat. If you are using exfat, ignore everything I said and switch to fat32.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried removing hbmenu.nro, it just ignores me holding R and starts the game. I tried a full system reboot just to make sure, no difference.

I've tried like every game I have installed. I just put it back and "an error has occured. Please try again later"

Every time you fully reboot you have to do it again right? I was just wondering if maybe it was saved to memory that I had already did before or something but I doubt it. But it does seem like most N64 games aren't stuttering although Turok 2 had a few hiccups.

I even tried downgrading my SX OS back and it's still not working LOL.

Last edited by ,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Set user 1, 2, and 3 devices ALL three of them to Switch Controller 1 via Settings -> Input. Then got to quickmenu->controls. Set User 1 to joystick. Set user 2 to keyboard & mouse. Set user 3 to keyboard & mouse.

Now you can remap e.g. user 2 right stick X+ to keyboard_CTRL or whatever.
And then e.g. user 3 right stick X+ to arrow key right or whatever.

Now in the above example, if you press right stick X+, you will get CTRL+Arrow key right :) should be useful for strafing in some games.
lol nice trick, it works for me :)
As for the strife “issue” in wolf3d it seems you can’t assign keyboard CTRL to an analog X, it doesn’t display the sticks in keyboard+mouse mode :unsure:

Last edited by cucholix,

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
lol nice trick, it works for me :)
As for the strife “issue” in wolf3d it seems you can’t assign keyboard CTRL to an analog X, it doesn’t display the sticks in keyboard+mouse mode :unsure:

Well if that is true you can at least remap the strafing to the dpad left right, since that is a button.

Then if you want you could turn analog to digital on. Then the left stick acts as the DPad. And voila you mapped the strafing to left analog after all.

Reactions: cucholix
D

Deleted User

Shaking my head here why fight with the controls for dosbox wolf3d the 3do copy works purrfekt...

Question when it comes to shaders is there any way to turn shaders on for one core but leave them off Not sure what the word is globally? In other words one you toggle shader on it just always seems on. Also id love to know everyones go to shaders.

Retroarch on the switch 4eva!

Bil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mainly use crt-easymode for most cores, but am using crt-aperture (on PlayStation ), as easymode makes the picture too dark.

Last edited by Bil,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Shaking my head here why fight with the controls for dosbox wolf3d the 3do copy works purrfekt...

Question when it comes to shaders is there any way to turn shaders on for one core but leave them off Not sure what the word is globally? In other words one you toggle shader on it just always seems on. Also id love to know everyones go to shaders.

Retroarch on the switch 4eva!
Use your desire shader and save core/content/game override, to avoid the same shader sticks to other cores set stock shader, it will be stored in RA config side.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CRT Geom for home consoles and LCD + borders for handhelds is loviness for my eyes :)
For N64 I use stock as I use HD settings + widescreen hacks for it.

D

Deleted User

Use your desire shader and save core/content/game override, to avoid the same shader sticks to other cores set stock shader, it will be stored in RA config side.

you lose me here: "to avoid the same shader sticks to other cores set stock shader" I see a preset folder but to my knowledge once one shader is set now all cores open with that shader as default?

arjunpatel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question guys does the nro2nsp work for ps1 games? cant find any informationi i made custom nsp's for sega snes gba games fine

or can i use eboot's since some emulators appearntly use eboots im not sure if rearmed does though

Last edited by arjunpatel,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
you lose me here: "to avoid the same shader sticks to other cores set stock shader" I see a preset folder but to my knowledge once one shader is set now all cores open with that shader as default?
Exactly, to avoid that you need set a shader again, the one called “stock”, it’s nothing more than a blank shader that doesn’t apply any effect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot