Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you do something wrong then.
You didn't provide any infos so I can't help you.
That was quick I wander if it’s anything to do with using the sxos red dongle boot.dat file? I deleted my old config files to see if it’s that stil the same I’m stuck really?

Last edited by Reecey,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That’s what I have been doing it still shuts my switch down with loading RetroArch nightly.
Maybe you still have your old hekate config in place which might chainload fusee.
Remove anything hekate/bootloader related from your SD. Unzip a fresh Kosmos setup to it but use the newly linked hekate payload from here instead to launch hekate.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you still have your old hekate config in place which might chainload fusee.
Remove anything hekate/bootloader related from your SD. Unzip a fresh Kosmos setup to it but use the newly linked hekate payload from here instead to launch hekate.
I’m trying that out now completely new unzip sd card see what happens thanks I will let you guys know but very strange.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a bit further but now when I load the new mupenplus next with an n64 rom it errors out with an atmosphere shut down power screen? I have put the new correct core in. I never had any of this using sxos.

Last edited by Reecey,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got a bit further but now when I load the new mupenplus next with an n64 rom it errors out with an atmosphere shut down power screen? I have put the new correct core in. I never had any of this using sxos.
How do you start Horizon.
Tell me what you press in hekate.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you start Horizon.
Tell me what you press in hekate.
I use the hekate_ctcaer_4.6_svc change to payload and boot that through the sx gear dongle, it then boots into Hekate then I go to launch and click on cfw and then it boots into Atmosphere.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
m4xw: thank you so so much for this! I've been in hog heaven playing DK64 with minimal stuttering!

When will the RA nightlies mupen include builds compatible with the new hekate svc? How long do I need to stick with the build you linked to on twitter?

Reactions: Ninn

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I did try that out but it then wont boot me into cfw through Hekate it wont see a cfw can you post me a correct ini so I can drop it on my sd card to try its correct.
I cant, I am at work.
You have to use this method, else it will simply not work.
m4xw: thank you so so much for this! I've been in hog heaven playing DK64 with minimal stuttering!

When will the RA nightlies mupen include builds compatible with the new hekate svc? How long do I need to stick with the build you linked to on twitter?
They are compatible, but you will not get any improvement with the nightlies.
It depends on how fast i get my changes to libnx

Reactions: Ninn and lordelan

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I cant, I am at work.

I've tried it it opens with R but Atmosphere just errors out for a shut down.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I cant, I am at work.

So I should just stick with the one you linked in Twitter? I’m not sure how I can tell if it has svc improvements.

Maybe you should rename the one with svc improvements. How about NEWmupen64_next_DX_XL?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I did try that out but it then wont boot me into cfw through Hekate it wont see a cfw can you post me a correct ini so I can drop it on my sd card to try its correct.
why couldn't you boot into cfw? changing anything in loader.ini won't affect your booting options..i guess you edited the wrong file or something. You have to edit loader.ini, not hekate ipl.ini

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Your installation seems incomplete.
The installation is 100% correct in the sd card and to be fair buddy you go on about sxos been broken but m8 at least it does work shits majorly broken under Atmosphere as far as I can tell at the moment.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why couldn't you boot into cfw? changing anything in loader.ini won't affect your booting options..i guess you edited the wrong file or something. You have to edit loader.ini, not hekate ipl.ini
No it’s ok the ini file is correct it opens hbmenu pressing R but Atmosphere wants to just shut down the nsw every time you run RetroArch and it certainly does not do this under sxos.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The installation is 100% correct in the sd card and to be fair buddy you go on about sxos been broken but m8 at least it does work shits majorly broken under Atmosphere as far as I can tell at the moment.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No it’s ok the ini file is correct it opens hbmenu pressing R but Atmosphere wants to just shut down the nsw every time you run RetroArch and it certainly does not do this under sxos.
If it is "majorly broken", how come only you have problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwLviMVR9E