[Request] Kid Icarus Uprising and c-stick

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by thelucap97, Feb 1, 2016.

1. thelucap97
    OP

thelucap97 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2015
    Italy
    With the New 3ds and Hans is possible to make a rom hack that allow to move the camera with the c-stick?

2. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    maby

3. A_Random_Guy

A_Random_Guy Officially That Dev

May 22, 2015
    Malaysia
    Smea's closet
    HANS doesn't even work with the c stick

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I would love this as well. Either with a NTR/Gateway cheat or a full blown mod, whatever works. Now that I have a n3DS I want to be able to take advantage of the c-stick in games that could really use it. Touchscreen control works decently, but it's a bit awkward on the land sections. Works great in the airborne sections though.

Shadowfied likes this.
  5. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Would be great if someone could solve it somehow. Once the game goes to the ground that's some of the worst controls I've ever experienced.

6. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    the controles wer fine if you ask me the c-stick suks i like the tuch screen better

7. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    I only played that game once, maybe there's a learning curve to it. But I'm sure they could've made that game way better if the 3DS always had a second analog stick (which was a stupid design decision to leave out in the first place).

8. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    Yep, the learning curve is there. Once you're used to it, you would never wish for C-stick support. The stylus is so responsive.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Their reasoning for that was that they could not fit a second analog stick on the console. The C-stick solves this problem due to the small size. They could have thought of that earlier, but as they say, hindsight is always 20/20.
    I agree with you completely though. I've never been a fan of the CPP due to how much bulk it adds. It basically doubles the size of the console. And I guess that's why not that many games support it, since it wasn't that popular to begin with. Plus Kid Icarus came out before the CPP so there's that :P
    But since the n3DS is backwards compatible with CPP, I wish more games would support it. The C-stick works surprisingly well for camera control, better than even the circle pad IMO.

10. Chris_Highwind

Chris_Highwind GBAtemp Fan

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    Mooresville, NC
    Maybe it's because I'm too much of a noob, but I find I can play air battles just fine without moving the cursor independently of my character, and on ground battles, I just have it set to the face buttons for aiming, which makes it feel like a TPS on a PSP. I may end up getting slaughtered in multiplayer because of it, but since multiplayer allows bots, I see no need to play with people I don't know :P

11. Scott Pilgrim

Scott Pilgrim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Is anyone working on this? Because that would be great, I really want to see how this develops (I really love this game)