RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I removed the update file it makes no difference with or without.
    https://filetrip.net/dl?W7UMzKC5Zu

2. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    That crash is unrelated to the patches, do you use the latest stable with jit-patches core in /retroarch/cores ?

3. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Its the latest nightly from here> http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/ with your recommended>mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_svc in the core folder

4. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Use the stable release https://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.7.6/nintendo/switch/libnx/RetroArch.7z
    Also make sure its not called mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx_svc but mupen64plus_next_libretro_libnx.nro, but i assume you know that.
    Could be broken nightly, we had roller-coaster issue the last days :P

5. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
  6. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Does the hb menu load?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

also, you didn't forget to replace the loader in /switch, right?

7. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes the hbmenu loads fine it goes to RetroArch fine but loading the rom it freezes on the screen and then the Atmosphere error pops up does this every time I try. The strange part I cannot get my head round if I put all the sxos files back on the sd card it loads no issues but it’s not using the new n64 emulation.

Edit: I changed the nro file on the switch folder.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Where’s the best folder to put the roms should they be zipped or not? Mine are all unzipped in roms/n64 route

Last edited by Reecey, Feb 12, 2019
  8. buttslaya617z

buttslaya617z Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    You can make a directory anywhere. I used zipped roms. Make sure they're from a NoIntro set or RA won't import them into the collection.

9. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
  10. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Don't be a dick.

GBAtemp Patron
    bobdamnit is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    I also had this issue. I fixed it by formatting my card FAT32/32K cluster size and putting my files back on the card. Then I downloaded the latest stable version of Retroarch (I was using the nightlies) and replaced the nro for Mupen64 with the one provided by m4xw. Then I downloaded Kosmos and replaced Hekate with the one provided by m4xw. I am also chainloading Hekate through the SX bootloader. So I booted SX bootloader, selected "Launch external payload", selected Hekate, then selected "boot CFW". Once Horizon launched, I held "R" and launched my selected title (Smash Brothers Ultimate, FWIW) and loaded HBL. Then I launched Retroarch and loaded the Mupen64 core. I did not launch a game. I selected "Exit Retroarch". Once it backed out to the HBL, I pressed home to go back to the Horizon menu and closed the title using "X". Then I rebooted the console. It has worked perfectly ever since.

Reecey likes this.
  11. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

Nov 30, 2014
  12. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    mikifantastik98 likes this.
  13. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Thanks for trying for me and explaining, it was worth a good go but I still have the same results.

bobdamnit likes this.
  14. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

Nov 30, 2014
  15. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    2019021223264400-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39.

Last edited by m4xw, Feb 12, 2019
    mikifantastik98 and angelhp like this.
  16. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

Nov 30, 2014
  17. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

Nov 30, 2014
  18. bobdamnit

bobdamnit Don't be a dick.

GBAtemp Patron
    bobdamnit is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Dude you are killing it! Expect a second donation by me tonight or tomorrow.

You've earned a few beers/coffee's. Many thanks for keeping at it and keeping this updated.
    It was worth a shot. Sorry it didn't help.

Last edited by bobdamnit, Feb 12, 2019
    lordelan likes this.
  19. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    yw

bobdamnit likes this.
  20. bad361

bad361 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    I kept getting this error no matter what yesterday too when using nsp.. it was really weird, cause i tried everything and it worked before hekate svc and kosmos update. I just wanted to try the new core, so i installed kosmos and updated hekate (was using fusee before with no issues at all for a long time)..And afte that i just could't get the nsp ra n64 core to work (tried latest nsp and prev versions), i even tried to fresh install kosmos and GETTING BACK to fusee, deleted all configs and stuff and still kept getting a hard crash when starting a n64 rom on nsp, every other core worked fine, tried also the maxw's core and the nighlies one and even my previously working.. it wasnt my sd for sure, eventually i just had to stick with hbl full ram access method, cause everything worked fine when lauching ra through hbl. I'm still curuios what could broke ra like that so that even reverting to my previous files didn't make any difference...some kind of x-files shit really

Last edited by bad361, Feb 12, 2019
  21. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    That error would happen if the patches dont apply - as in you used fusee.
    Tho I rule that out based on the informations he gave me.
    Also I call that ghost Issues :P