RetroArch Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by ShadowOne333, Dec 30, 2017.

1. I'm not sure how the rest of it got cut off. But yeah, I'll definitely be throwing you some coin tomorrow. You've made my week getting N64 and PS1 working as well as they do on the Switch.

Very much appreciated.

lordelan and m4xw like this.
  2. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    Last edited by m4xw, Feb 12, 2019
    notimp, lordelan and ploggy like this.
  3. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    the svc ones? how could it be? i tried launching cfw and cfw+ftp (as i use it regurarly) ... what should happen so that these patches wont apply? And why i kept getting this error after going back to fusee and getting my old working core back?

Last edited by bad361, Feb 12, 2019
  4. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
  5. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    It did hold up well against the flow of time :P

6. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Top 5 ps1 game for sure, holds up better than the 2nd imo, but that's just me :P

7. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

pip Developer
    May 25, 2018
    Germany
    yes, should work

Deleted-351540 likes this.
  8. Rikuddo

Rikuddo Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2019
    Austria
    I can't thank you enough! Finally able to play PepsiMan. Will look for other nice PSX games too. Was never able to afford PS1, so have to look for some good games.

9. tabnk

tabnk GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    Dead or Alive (USA) is now playable with background music. Nice.

10. Check out Intelligent Qube, also knows as Kurushi Final. Great little puzzle game. Spyro was pretty dope, as is Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2. Syphon Filter is great. So is Metal Gear Solid. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 are must haves. Jet Moto is always fun. Let's not forget Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9! Oh, Vigilante 8 is awesome for multiplayer. And Driver for single player! How the hell could I forget the Tomb Raider series?!

If anyone can find me a copy of the lost Playstation game known as Petscop, I'd forever be in your debt!

Last edited Feb 13, 2019 - Reason: Added a few games, fixed typos.
  11. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2008
    Denmark
    I'm playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep at amazing framerates using Lakka but this is a hassle and requires me to use a FAT32 smaller microsd and has to be launched from RCM obviously. Switch can clearly do PSP albeit with some graphical glitches in FMVs and other smaller things, so how come we haven't seen PPSSPP core added yet?

12. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    GTA psx freezes as soon as you try and start a mission, is this the nsp finally biting me in the ass?

13. mewmew1234

mewmew1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    hey there guys long time lurker :) i have a problem so i have done everything i am supposed to do to use the new patches and versions and all that stuff :) and worked just fine next time i booted :) holding r on the app i set does nothing just boots it like normal don't why any ideas ?

14. kylum

kylum GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2008
    United States
    Check your loader.ini and follow the guide for it here
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/use-atmosphere-to-access-full-ram-with-homebrews-without-nsp.521240/
    Make sure the title ID matches the game you use. Different region games have different title IDs. “=app” wouldnt work for me for some odd reason so I was forced to use the title ID. Make sure your using the latest atmos too.

Hopes this helps!

15. mewmew1234

mewmew1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the help buddy in the end i just overwrote all the files with fresh ones now we are back in action

16. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    IIRC PPSSPP will use the same dynarec that's used in the current N64 core since they're both using the MIPS architecture, but I guess we have to wait for N64 support to be finished before work starts on PSP.

17. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    There have been technical obstacles, some of which have been overcome. Follow this if you want to see how things progress.

18. mikifantastik98

mikifantastik98 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2018
    Italy
    what is the correct way to update the Nightly version ... via online update ???
    - update assets
    - update core
    ... and ? ... nothing more?
    if possible ... I dont want to throw the old retroarch and put new version every week.
    Thanks in advance.

19. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    I generally have updated the retroarch.nro that goes in the switch folder and then any cores that are in active development that I’m interested in such as mupen64.

The only time I’ve overhauled everything is stable releases.

sorabora and mikifantastik98 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted