I've a Switch under the 6.0.1 version
and I've SX OS 2.0.1
I've got a Sandisk 128go ExtFat sd card

ISSUE :

My issue is that I am able to launch RetroArch 1.7.5 with success
BUT it's start saying 'RetroArch 1.7.5 - No Core'

DETAILS :

When I select, 'Load Core' menu -> No Core is listed
When I under Parameters > Directories : when I want to change a directory only the Nintendo folder is listed, it doesn't list retroarch folder or my switch folder for instance. As if, the sd card was there...
Weird thing, when I select 'Load content' > Only Nintendo folder is listed
BUT if I put 'Show Hidden files" to ON, I can finally see all my folders and files of my sd card

WHAT I'VE DONE :

I launch RetroArch directly with SX Homebrew launcher (under album menu)
I've tried to launch it with hbmenu (Holding R + album), but it says no app is present inside my 'switch' folder
I've tried NSP RetroArch version, but same issue, it starts with 'RetroArch 1.7.5 - No Core'
I've set all my files/folder from my sd card as NOT HIDDEN with my computer but same problem

WEIRD THINGS :

I'm new in Switch hack, so I don't know if I've done something bad but
I think I am unable to load Homebrew with SX OS Homebrew launcher (from the album) if I put my NRO under the 'switch' folder
I ve to put them directly inside the ROOT folder of my sd card to be able to see them (this issue can explain why hbmenu is unable to see my apps)
I've tried to copy / paste all the retroarch folder inside the Nintendo folder :) but its not listed by Retroarch browser (sigh)

So, I don't know what to do, maybe I'm going to test standalone emulator to see if sd card is well read
Maybe it's simply not possible in v6.0.1

Would be cool if someone can tell me what is wrong with my set up

Last edited by Samuel22200,

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I think I'm facing a problem

and I've SX OS 2.0.1

ISSUE :

DETAILS :

When I under Parameters > Directories : when I want to change a directory only the Nintendo folder is listed, it doesn't list retroarch folder or my switch folder for instance. As if, the sd card was there...
BUT if I put 'Show Hidden files" to ON, I can finally see all my folders and files of my sd card

WHAT I'VE DONE :

I've tried to launch it with hbmenu (Holding R + album), but it says no app is present inside my 'switch' folder
I've tried NSP RetroArch version, but same issue, it starts with 'RetroArch 1.7.5 - No Core'
I've set all my files/folder from my sd card as NOT HIDDEN with my computer but same problem

WEIRD THINGS :

I think I am unable to load Homebrew with SX OS Homebrew launcher (from the album) if I put my NRO under the 'switch' folder
I ve to put them directly inside the ROOT folder of my sd card (this issue can explain why hbmenu is unable to see my apps)
I've tried to copy / paste all the retroarch folder inside the Nintendo folder :) but its not listed by Retroarch browser (sigh)

So, I don't know what to do, maybe I'm going to test standalone emulator to see if sd card is well read

literally just replied to you on the other thread :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,
I think I'm facing a problem

and I've SX OS 2.0.1

ISSUE :

DETAILS :

WHAT I'VE DONE :

WEIRD THINGS :

I ve to put them directly inside the ROOT folder of my sd card (this issue can explain why hbmenu is unable to see my apps)

Honestly, the first thing you should do is format your SD to Fat32. I'm sure you've read that 1000x times and think you don't need to, I never had major issues with ExFat, only minor, stupid ones. But after going to Fat32, no issues.
I'd recommend updating sxos, as I'm on 2.2 and it's been working flawless.
If you choose to format to Fat32, do a fresh install of Retroarch onto your SD as well, don't reuse old files.

Reactions: Samuel22200

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got around to letting it copy to the sd card. Is it me or does it run a little slower than the previous unofficial version (RetroNX?)? The sound seems to be breaking up in SotN Using the psx rearmed code I don’t remember that when I was using retronx.

Plex7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the music section? I scan my music folder doesn't pick up any mp3s. This update is awesome nevertheless!

Also how do you assign a key for COIN for FBA games?! Can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by Plex7,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But there is quite a lot of performance to be gained in that by doing that
No, not *that* much.
We already let it vectorize all the things, so NEON does its job already, else we wouldn't be anywhere near current performance levels (basically just some optimizations here and there are missing)
Dynarec on the other hand...^^

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
No, not *that* much.
We already let it vectorize all the things, so NEON does its job already, else we wouldn't be anywhere near current performance levels (basically just some optimizations here and there are missing)
Dynarec on the other hand...^^

I see, that is quite interesting. But it's the CPU that is holding the performance back right? Without dynarec it won't be possible to take advantage of GPU acceleration?

Anyway the performance is already quite impressive :) Especially when you start comparing the AR performance on switch and other systems such as the WiiU and PSvita.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But it's the CPU that is holding the performance back right?
Yes, also threading synchronization is a Issue for some cores, also opengl forces synchronization internally on us leading to weird side effects

Without dynarec it won't be possible to take advantage of GPU acceleration?
Well, if you look at frame timings in mupen, from a pure gfx side we run more than fullspeed. But frame deviation is like 200%. So you have some frames render quick and a huge delay once logic gets triggered.

Especially when you start comparing the AR performance on switch and other systems such as the WiiU and PSvita.
ovB4Khz.png

Reactions: CatmanFan

sa-yamato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hay am having trouble in my retroarch am runnging latest offical biuld

when scanning for ps1 bin files alot of files dousnt show up in the playlist
itried even selecting them indivulay but also didnt work
itried replacing the roms from another source but didnt work
itried making a playlist on pc retroarch and put it in switch version it show in the playlist but says didnt find it

the other games show up but certin games dont
ihave all the bios the 3 main ones

any idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Right, yeah.