Homebrew RetroArch Switch

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since it's the second time you (or someone else) asked this here without getting an answer:
The libretro core for the Dreamcast is called Reicast and as far as I know it's not available for the Switch yet. It would be surprising if it would be as the Dreamcast is even newer than a N64 which doesn't run well yet as we're still waiting for someone to take on that dynarec bounty.
Lakka has reicast but its slow

Reactions: Stratt1978

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Lakka has reicast but its slow
Coming to think about it, the benefit lakka had over Horizon RA was just OpenGL? Or do we even have a dynarec compiler there?
If we do and Reicast is still slow there that might be the cap for what's possible on Horizon then as well?

jedifacekik2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS might get lost in all the posting but i fixed the scan directory fix,i have 3 sd cards,ones formatted to exfat and the others on fat32,so yea i was on exfat and that was the issue

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Coming to think about it, the benefit lakka had over Horizon RA was just OpenGL? Or do we even have a dynarec compiler there?
If we do and Reicast is still slow there that might be the cap for what's possible on Horizon then as well?
Lakka switched to 32bit and has dynarec's for reicast, n64, psx etc since a few weeks
Not that easy for horizon^^

Reactions: lordelan

PEVOx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've just installed the RetroArch NSP on my Switch with SX OS. Then I've downloaded the pcsx_rearmed_libreto core and the PS1 Bios SCPH-102B.BIN.
I've loaded Metal Gear Solid game in my library on RetroArch and the game starts with no problem. Once reached the main menu, the game is running very slow, with low frame-rate and some problems with audio. Is this normal? Can be fixed?

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just installed the RetroArch NSP on my Switch with SX OS. Then I've downloaded the pcsx_rearmed_libreto core and the PS1 Bios SCPH-102B.BIN.
I've loaded Metal Gear Solid game in my library on RetroArch and the game starts with no problem. Once reached the main menu, the game is running very slow, with low frame-rate and some problems with audio. Is this normal? Can be fixed?
1) Threaded video on?
2) Try a different bios.

Reactions: PEVOx

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know how to get this working on a 6.0.0 switch with TXos 2.2
You should be able to just extract the nightly to your SD card and run it with the homebrew menu (holding R when clicking the album icon) or through SX OS's homebrew menu.
Latest nightly (you might need 7zip to extract it): https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/switch/libnx/2018-10-18_RetroArch.7z

You won't get any official support from the RetroArch team though as they're not big fans of TX to say the least.

Reactions: Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone know how to get this working on a 6.0.0 switch with TXos 2.2
1) Download RetroArch for switch from RetroArch.com
2) Download the NSP from RetroArch.com
3) Put Retroarch folder onto root of sd
4) Put the .NRO into your /switch folder
5) Put the NSP where you normally put them to install
6) Play retro games???

snk2

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
does the Virtual Boy core need some setting(s) for a game to run at 60fps? I'm getting only 50 fps with WarioLand using Retroarch installed as nsp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F