1. FightingPolygon

FightingPolygon Advanced Member

United States
    Some games (like Disney's A Bug's Life) are not registering any of my inputs for some reason.

Tom and Jerry in House Trap (i know) is not letting player 1 control their character no matter what mode I choose. But it does let them control the menus, just when the match starts it's dead

2. Hansie64

Hansie64 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I have a Hori D-pad and I'm loving it in Retroarch!
    At first I had problems too, like the left joy-con not registering in Retroarch, but it worked fine in the Switch menu's.
    Someone advised to remove any tinfoil in the Right joy-con if you use that to get in RCM mode.
    And I did that and put my Switch in auto-RCM mode.
    Now all works fine! Apparently any tinfoil in the right joycon causes problems for the left one.
    I did notice that I must wake the Switch up from sleepmode with the horipad connected to the Switch to work, if I switch them with the Switch on, it won't work.
    Every now and than, when I change between games in Retroarch, the horipad seems not connected, just enter sleepmode and return, and all works again!

Rahkeesh likes this.
  3. Plex7

Plex7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can anyone tell me what's the "Music" section is for in the XMB? I hoped to playback my MP3s through this but it doesn't seem that's the intention?

4. stepppp

stepppp Member
    Newcomer

Hey guys

So after many hours ( im getting old lol ) ive managed to create a playlist for Mame78 using a DAT file and playlist buddy.

Ive copied the lpl file into the "playlist" folder, and booted retro arch and the games show up in a list as they should ( and all correctly named )

Im having a problem now where im getting " File could not be loaded from playlist" error.

Ive loaded the core, ive updated the core (mame2003) yet im still getting this error.

Anyone know what im doing wrong?

Thanks

EDIT : getting somewhere..........i can choose a game go to reset core association, then choose core mame2003 and it boots the game.....however when i then choose another game it crashes the whole of retro arch back to the switch home screen.

EDIT: SORTED it :), had the backslashes the wrong way in playlist buddy ! lol

Last edited by stepppp, Oct 20, 2018
  5. Plex7

Plex7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
  6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    Rename the bios file to match whichever region bios's filename. I was running a US region game so I called it scph5501.bin. I don't know if retroarch needs different region bioses to run different region games, but if so you can always have more than one copy with the relevant filenames.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Switch retroarch doesn't look like it includes the media playing functions at this point in time.

7. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Yeah it's mostly linear, or nearest filtering that's important, trying to change the scale of a set stretched by only 1 cm ,scanline lines become false ,tested in linear X1 scanline filter 1280*720p, you switched the filtering to nearest x1,and your scanline always falls well whatever the stretch, for the retroarch story that applies the overlay on the video output? I don't think so, checked it out.

[​IMG]

Last edited by KHEOPS, Oct 20, 2018
    lordelan and sorabora like this.
  8. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    The overlay apart has decorated the image, it is useless in improving the rendering of your games.
    Shader no overlay ( on android gpdxd 720p )
    I prefer to have a good quality image with shaders for all handled ( gb = dotmatrix)
    Gba specific screen etc... It's not just an overlay the pixels just fall off just look at my zoom screens on it! Perfect pixel.!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by KHEOPS, Oct 20, 2018
  9. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Alright, so tried to use split horizontal joy-cons for player 1 and 2 respectively on the Switch, only to find that, regardless of what I do, even if the joy-cons are attached to the Switch tablet itself, in RetroArch, it's not recognizing anything I do on the menus. I tried deleting the RA configuration files, but that hasn't fixed the problem. This happened when I tried the .nsp version of RetroArch, and the changes I made there carry over to .nro RetroArch.

How do I get out of this hole that I digged myself into !

10. sim3001

sim3001 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can someone help me setup fast forwarding for mGba? I've tried the usuals and have input hotkey setup... What am i doing wrong?

11. Plex7

Plex7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Thanks man. Hopefully that'll make Twisted Metal 2 work. It freezes when I choose 1 Player :(

Other than that, PS1 games are loading very slow at the start. It takes 2 mins or so for the game to load. Game performance is fine though when Threaded Video is on. Any idea how to speed up the loading time?

So media playing function (mp3s, videos) is available on another device? Which one? That is very cool.

Last edited by Plex7, Oct 20, 2018
  12. pruilop

pruilop Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    Hi m4xw, im new user around here. First of all, is to congratulate u for your work with Retrarch. I would like to ask your impressions about GC/Wii emulation. I have read that u said Dolphin has a dynarec for aarch64. How does this affect the switch? Would it be possible to reach full speed in the future? what would it depend on?

Thanks

13. Jil.10

Jil.10 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi, how can i avoid sd card corruption if it is formattated as exfat?

14. By formatting it as FAT32.

hippy dave and pseudoSue like this.
  15. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity
    Developer

Germany
    Correct

We have dolphin on lakka's 64bit variant and its slow af. Don't ever think it will run fullspeed. Ever.
    If you are lucky we can get a few games to playabe speed with speedhacks and overclocking.

Brawl345 likes this.
  16. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    where is Atari 7800 - Prosystem core ??

17. Hansie64

Hansie64 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Has anybody got 'Dynamic Background' working?
    I have got it working on my Vita, but if I enable it in the Appearance menu, nothing happens.
    I have the directory setup correctly and the Menu Shaders Pipeline turned off...
    As a matter off fact i cant change the Background at all...?
    When I want to point the Switch to the directory with my Wallpapers, nothing shows.
    I have wallpapers in png and jpg format.
    I hope somebody can point me in the right direction!

18. angelhp

angelhp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    FanNintendo likes this.
  19. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Psycho!

Mexico
    inb4 wiiware games

20. sim3001

sim3001 Member
    Newcomer

United States