Hacking Retroarch ps3 - The still unsolved problem of assigning the buttons

snejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Will be much obliged if anyone could provide any working method of assigning the buttons per core and saving the button layout. The problem is that whenever i set the buttons in game or assign them through retroach menus they seem to reset after restarting the program despite the fact i ensured to choose an option to save the settings.

This method provided here
https://retropie.org.uk/docs/RetroArch-Configuration/#core-input-remapping

doesn't seem to be working. Buttons will reset after quiting the Retroarch

I'm mainly interested in NeoGeo fighting games so it is a necessity to reconfigure the buttons and assign hot key combinations for me.

Please
advice

snejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just a small update. Trying either "Save Core Remap File" or "Save game Remap File" gives me an "error saving remap file". Didn't noticed erlier as the text was behind 1.7.3 - FB Alpha (...) text.

Any clues?

endz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was having this same problem and I searched everywhere and couldn't find any answer, but I just figured it out, and decided I'd make an account on here to let you know as well. In RetroArch, go to the settings tab and scroll down to "Directory", second to the bottom, in it you have to set your "Input Remapping" directory, it starts out with none, so I set it to my /USRDIR/cores path and now the core input remapping works, and saves! Hope this helps!

Last edited by endz,
Reactions: Mythical and KiiWii

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I was having this same problem and I searched everywhere and couldn't find any answer, but I just figured it out, and decided I'd make an account on here to let you know as well. In RetroArch, go to the settings tab and scroll down to "Directory", second to the bottom, in it you have to set your "Input Remapping" directory, it starts out with none, so I set it to my /USRDIR/cores path and now the core input remapping works, and saves! Hope this helps!

I'm having this issue on Wii U. I tried this fix but Input Remapping was set to retroarch/config/remaps. I tried deleting this folder and setting up a different folder, but this didn't work either.

Anyone know how to fix this on Wii U?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol