Homebrew [RetroArch] Nightly builds here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does? It has done for me with NES cores.
If I remember, I believe the NES cores work and the Genesis ones don't is because the Genesis roms are generally too big for themehax to handle. File size limits. In short, most exploits have a limit to how much space they have to work with, resulting in a crash in the case of a memory overflow.

Last edited by Bkool999,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With these emulators, would it make any difference speed wise if you use a pal region version of a game over a ntsc region version of a game?

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
With these emulators, would it make any difference speed wise if you use a pal region version of a game over a ntsc region version of a game?

It does, i think. Framerate on PAL versiones is hardcoded, that's why Virtual Console games rise so much controversy here in europe (2015 and we still get 50 Hz games on the VC)

Always go for USA roms.

Reactions: cvskid

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was near impossible to get a certain bonus in ffix because it was based on you getting somewhere in a certain amoutn of time and the game ran 1/6 slower but kept the same real time

Reactions: Fatalanus

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Small update on the main Circle Pad.
So it's usable, but I THINK the range of the analog functionality is off. Pushing the stick all the way up makes it read as down and vice versa.
At least I THINK that's the case, anyways... correct me if I'm wrong on this. ^^;

*Aaaaand last minute edit 1:
Tried Dracula X on PCE, now it runs at 59fps constant on N3DS, and I'm not noticing the sound crackling from past builds.
Yeesh, what did I miss in the past few days?

Last edited by SeongGino,
Reactions: SLiV3R

aliaspider

Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
picrodrive actually has a dyranec for the svp, which I didn't hook up yet. it probably will run fullspeed
Small update on the main Circle Pad.
So it's usable, but I THINK the range of the analog functionality is off. Pushing the stick all the way up makes it read as down and vice versa.
At least I THINK that's the case, anyways... correct me if I'm wrong on this. ^^;
can you describe the wrong behavior exactly so I can correct it? as I stated before I can't test it myself.
are the directions for both X and Y flipped ? or does that happen only when you push it all the way up ?

Reactions: mesa_rune

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
picrodrive actually has a dyranec for the svp, which I didn't hook up yet. it probably will run fullspeed

can you describe the wrong behavior exactly so I can correct it? as I stated before I can't test it myself.
are the directions for both X and Y flipped ? or does that happen only when you push it all the way up ?

Got the N3DS beside me. Seems to be on all of the cores, the Circle Pad flips itself only when pushed all the way up ~or down.~ But it acts properly on the X axis under the same circumstance.

EDIT! The axis flips ONLY when pushing up all the way, NOT down. Down works as intended.
Edit 2: Also, if it helps, the N3DS C-Stick on the contrary is COMPLETELY flipped on the Y-Axis. Likely a simple mistake I suppose.

Last edited by SeongGino,

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks. I'll see if I can get that fixed.

Much appreciated! Always glad to help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Neko Project II may be worth considering porting over. There is already a Wii version of it with sources too.

...I REALLY wish, if a Neko Project II core is (somehow) ported, they use the PC9821 compatible version. Because...
<--*Cough cough Touhou fan warning*

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I REALLY wish, if a Neko Project II core is (somehow) ported, they use the PC9821 compatible version. Because...
<--*Cough cough Touhou fan warning*
To my knowledge there is no PC-98 core, so we aren't getting TH 1-5 on Retroarch unless a core is made.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont get this....is this just a group of emulators in one package? I hope someone can explain cause what EXACTLY is RetroArch?

You just defined it: A group of emulators in one package with a common frontend, a few extra options and a common base configuration. It's actually very practical and the emulators chosen are usually the best of its kind.

Basically, that is. I'm sure the development team could enlight you more deeply.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You just defined it: A group of emulators in one package with a common frontend, a few extra options and a common base configuration. It's actually very practical and the emulators chosen are usually the best of its kind.

Basically, that is. I'm sure the development team could enlight you more deeply.

Thanks! Wow, not bad Osaka, For an airhead you sure were quite helpful!*

*azumanga Diaoh is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol