Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
hello i create new app. its for apply my dynamic wallpaper to all in one core. for use you need connect vita to pc via usb and vitashell then select theme and push apply. program copy files to vita and mod some parameters in retroarch.cfg. if you have some problem with it please write me :)

https://files.fm/u/x3rcfv7z#_

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Oracle of Seasons and noticed weird tearing on the left side of the screen using TGBDual. Loaded up Gambatte and it worked without that issue. Gambatte has the internal color setting on by default and I just turned that off.

cybermat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use PSVITA with 32GB Memory Card and using the tool "playlistcreator" i see that i cannot change CORE path.
In the tool i have app0:/ but i cannot find this path under my psvita and furthermore the core name seems not be mame2003_libretro.self but something similar like this ux0:app/RETR00018/eboot.bin

Please help me! thanks :)

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I use PSVITA with 32GB Memory Card and using the tool "playlistcreator" i see that i cannot change CORE path.
In the tool i have app0:/ but i cannot find this path under my psvita and furthermore the core name seems not be mame2003_libretro.self but something similar like this ux0:app/RETR00018/eboot.bin

Please help me! thanks :)
i think i don't understand to you. you use all in one core ? this only for all in one core version of retroarch

hat jr.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had an issue with FCEU for awhile now, and through multiple versions of Retroarch where after about 3-4 minutes games will go from running buttery smooth to being almost unplayable, choppy mess. The FPS counter stays at 60 throughout. If I go into the retroarch menu and then resume the game, it's back to running perfectly for a few minutes. Constantly going back into the retroarch menu isn't really viable considering a lot of NES games are, and the games running like shit at a bad moment is obviously an issue too. This seems to only be happening with FCEU, whereas with something like snes9x I don't have this type of problem. It's persisted through some of the earliest builds and even more recently 1.4.0, 1.5.0 and 1.6.0. First thing I check when there's a new retroarch build is if my NES games run better yet, but it's never been the case. I've performed memory card reformats here and there and it's never seemed to make a difference.

I haven't seen this problem reported anywhere else so I can only assume something's uniquely borked on my end. Are retroarch files stored anywhere outside of ux0\data\retroarch? I'd like to do some kind of complete reinstall if that's possible.

Last edited by hat jr.,

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So use another core? I don't have any problems with QuickNes...

I have a question that probably isn't for this thread and I don't want to derail here but I don't feel like I need to post a new thread either. I fired up my psp go and copied the old gpsp folder I was using back in 09 or whatever over to my vita. I Started adrenaline and the emulator and it worked fine. Then I updated adrenaline and the emulator still loads but once the game has loaded the screen goes black and none of the buttons respond. I'll have to wait until it crashes and takes me back to the vita xmb. I googled it and found a later version of gpsp where someone comments about this issue being resolved but I've got the same problem. Can anyone shed some light on this? When it worked, the emulator itself ran butter smooth with no hiccups playing Minish Cap. Too bad the scaling only stretches and doesn't allow for integer scaling. Would've been excellent.

cybermat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think i don't understand to you. you use all in one core ? this only for all in one core version of retroarch

Ok i installed all in one core but my structure (using SD card) is

/ux0:/app/RETROVITA , now i have filename like this "dosbox_libretro.self" and so on. I cannot find app0:/

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Ok i installed all in one core but my structure (using SD card) is

/ux0:/app/RETROVITA , now i have filename like this "dosbox_libretro.self" and so on. I cannot find app0:/
dont care about path to core (it set it right) only select right core for your roms and set right path to roms :)

cybermat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dont care about path to core (it set it right) only select right core for your roms and set right path to roms :)

Ok now i understood! I made a mistake in the PSVITA rom's path. I was not adding "/" at the end of the path. Now it works flawlessly. Thanks!

I have another issue that is not concerning your tool, but maybe someone of you can help me. In games like 1942, Bomb Jack i have the screen upside down. If i turn OFF the core option "Allow rotation" i have the screen rotated of 90° but always unplayable. I dug into forum in order to find a way to rotate the game of 180° in order to play in the proper way.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok now i understood! I made a mistake in the PSVITA rom's path. I was not adding "/" at the end of the path. Now it works flawlessly. Thanks!

I have another issue that is not concerning your tool, but maybe someone of you can help me. In games like 1942, Bomb Jack i have the screen upside down. If i turn OFF the core option "Allow rotation" i have the screen rotated of 90° but always unplayable. I dug into forum in order to find a way to rotate the game of 180° in order to play in the proper way.

There is an option under video to change rotation. You have to allow it and then change the rotation option to 270 or whatever works. It is a bit annoying. But it works.

Last edited by rsn8887,

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why when I create a gba list with your software , then... When loading a rom in the list, retroarch doesn't find my savestate and saves?
I dont know. Did not change the name of the game or did not use a different kernel than before?

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I dont know. Did not change the name of the game or did not use a different kernel than before?
And also, my images were wiped, dunno if they still there, but, at least, your app change something, cuz not even the other consoles's images are being showed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1