Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, if you put your PSX isos inside ux0:/RETROVITA/ and you select it through app0: on Retroarch there's no resume bug
Excellent, if this is true. Can I put the isos within another folder? For example, would

ux0:/RETROVITA/games/PS1/[game].[ext] Work?

Just confirmed this works. NICE. But to clarify, he means within the ux0:app/RETROVITA directory. My above example isn't correct.
ux0:/app/RETROVITA/games/ps1/[game]/[game].PBP works like a charm. The Vita just became so much better for me. VALKYRIE PROFILE TIME.

Why this was never mentioned before, I have no idea.

Last edited by Imhullu,

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I tought ux0:data was the folder for files used by "safe homebrew". I put my roms in there cuz the bad homebrew invasion, months ago. I remember this was instructed.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Little Off-Topic:
I wanted to try PCSX-R core of RA for PC (to see here how savestate work), but when i try to load a rom, he come back to menu and a message "fail to load content" appear. Why?
(i have all 3 bios in system folder and i've tried all psx game extensions)

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Little Off-Topic:
I wanted to try PCSX-R core of RA for PC (to see here how savestate work), but when i try to load a rom, he come back to menu and a message "fail to load content" appear. Why?
(i have all 3 bios in system folder and i've tried all psx game extensions)
Stop man, it saves states as it is. Just relax those 4 seconds.

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make verify: Will deleting the Retroarch All-In-One bubble remove the app/RETROVITA folder? If so, can I update it without deleting it?

Zukov

Dinosaur
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What is the advantage of Retroarch for running PSX vs Adrenaline?
They won't stop developing it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just want to make verify: Will deleting the Retroarch All-In-One bubble remove the app/RETROVITA folder? If so, can I update it without deleting it?
It's easier if you uninstall that bubble, but not needed at all. And deleting the bubble won't delete yor configuration, so it is not a big deal.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Stop man, it saves states as it is. Just relax those 4 seconds.
I used it during gameplay :D
Anyway on PC is faster, i've resolved by using Beetle PSX instead of PCSX-R (i dont kno why this one don't work for me)
I wait frangarcj resolve pcsx-r savestate on PSV (i like portable gaming and less to play on pc)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other cores for Vita/RA besides PCSX Re-ARMed? The core (online) updater is missing on the Vita dashboard and would it be possible to manually add another emulator? I'm not complaining whatsoever but some of the features like the video settings appear to be very limited as well versus on a PC. Beetle PSX on Vita? (If I missed this somewhere-sorry.) Half-noob.
I like how Adrenaline runs PS1 games as well and I am just experimenting with both ways to play and video settings are kind of fun to mess around with.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.-Forgot to mention I use a PSTV. I know the sky is the limit with a PC rig for emulation but I really love how good a wallet sized micro console can be.

Last edited by AnotherOldDirtyBastard,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
frangarcj if you think its netplay the problem of savestates, you can make a separate nightly pcsx-r build with netplay disbaled or removed? i would like to test it.
(maybe you've right because all other nightly cores have same issue with savestates - game dont stop, slow down and make a loading before saving)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
frangarcj if you think its netplay the problem of savestates, you can make a separate nightly pcsx-r build with netplay disbaled or removed? i would like to test it.
(maybe you've right because all other nightly cores have same issue with savestates - game dont stop, slow down and make a loading before saving)

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had to reinstall retroarch. I use a standalone 1.3.6 snes9x2005 core. I've reconfigured directories but savestates still won't load. What gives?

Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Last edited by isoboy,
Reactions: Lord M

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...