Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know a few people have been talking about random loss of control because sometimes it happens when I'm loading a cps game and I have to press the home button and re enter the game also for some reason the CPS2 emu no longer works as well as the older builds it's slow and choppy/muffled sound I am currently using the 10/13 nightly and the retroarch all in one vpk the Neo Geo also seems to be having problems with games that used to work on the stand alone cores like garou mark of the wolves for example

I'm using FinalBurnAlpha (non-2012) that uses a .37 ROMset with SFA2, and it ran perfectly on the 10/13 nightly.

Imhullu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get the bios and put them in the retro arch/system and it says no bios found expect bugs why isnt it reading the bios?
Which version of retroarch are you using, and where did you place the bios? The all-in-one reads the bios under "ux0://data/retroarch/system", while the individual cores read the bios under "ux0://data/retroarch/cores/system". Also, when you transfer the files over to the Vita, it's best to use FTP and place them directly in the folder.

Krustentier7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to install the all-in-one retroarch.vpk, but I keep getting an error (0xFFFFFF99). I have 30gb of storage left, using VitaShell 1.2. Anyone know what the problem might be?

I'm still having this issue... I tried the new vpk that was released just today, transferred it over to the Vita without any issues, and it's still not working. Can anyone help?

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having this issue... I tried the new vpk that was released just today, transferred it over to the Vita without any issues, and it's still not working. Can anyone help?
Think you might need to provide more info... someone might beable to answer
Did you use existing old retroarch emu?
Did you delete the old retroarch emu?
Where are you installing the retroarch.vpk from?
Did you delete the old files in Data/retroarch before attempting to install?
Ran the latest henkaku6?
When does it error out?
would add others but u answer it already such as you have 30gb free, using the latest vpk, using vitashell1.2, and others...

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
How to use dynamic theme? And where you donwload neon blu theme? On video link, there's no download link, and even on developer's page...
the video from youtube not my. i think is from pc version of retroarch. but now only way to dynamic wallpapers is create one in pc retroarch then rewrite path to correct path for vita and inport to vita, maybe if you want i make some picture for better explanation

Last edited by FX3200,
Reactions: Aliminator

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the video from youtube not my. i think is from pc version of retroarch. but now only way to dynamic wallpapers is create one in pc retroarch then rewrite path to correct path for vita and inport to vita, maybe if you want i make some picture for better explanation
Will be useful for everyone want to use dynamic theme
Anyway i know that the vid is not yours, but you ask "can i make to work this?" so i thought that you already have the latter theme...

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyway i know that the vid is not yours, but you ask "can i make to work this?" so i thought that you already have the latter theme...

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
sorry for my english :) maybe i write what i didnt want, česky by to pro mě bylo snažši ale tomu už vůbec nikdo nebude rozumět :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think of it soon will do functional for vita easyest way than my :)

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to switch cores on the ps vita. I have the core list populated, but whenever I try to switch cores, the core exits out like it's going to switch, but it never actually switches. has anyone gotten core switching to work? if so, how?

Krustentier7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Think you might need to provide more info... someone might beable to answer
Did you use existing old retroarch emu?
Did you delete the old retroarch emu?
Did you delete the old files in Data/retroarch before attempting to install?

Yes to all of these.

Ran the latest henkaku6?

Yes.

When does it error out?

Usually I start the install, it stays at 0% and after about fifteen seconds it errors out. Though I did transfer it over multiple times and one of those times it only timed out after reaching 9%.

Primula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna say it corrupt somewhere... does your computer say 99.6mb in properties for the file? How you are extracting it from the 7z archive?

bobbytomorow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buttons are not working in FBA CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo cores with the latest all-in-one retroarch vpk build. For example I load up a rom with FBA CPS1 and it doesn't respond to any buttons presses at all not even select to add a credit. Anyone else having this problem?

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buttons are not working in FBA CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo cores with the latest all-in-one retroarch vpk build. For example I load up a rom with FBA CPS1 and it doesn't respond to any buttons presses at all not even select to add a credit. Anyone else having this problem?

Known issue, press home then re-enter the emulator and your buttons will work.

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
little tutorial for working playlists
playlists.jpg

for testing dynamic wallpapers its posible to take one from pc version retroarch its locate in retroarch/assets/wallpapers copy one to vita and specify path on it in retroarch setup directory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work