Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I was wondering. The last download I had of this was a while ago. Are the PS1 speeds improved? Also can I save using the memory card yet? Was debating on giving it another go but idk if I should yet.

rjwboys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I was wondering. The last download I had of this was a while ago. Are the PS1 speeds improved? Also can I save using the memory card yet? Was debating on giving it another go but idk if I should yet.
you could allways save via memory card you just have to go to quick menu and close instead of hitting the ps button and swipeing

Reactions: BlackHeartV

rockmanworld

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why when I install gpsp with the last version. The core does not reknow anymore the way for my Rom. I specify that all my other core dates the end of August.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save state issue: When I load one game and switch to another, it can no longer locate the save states of the new game loaded. I have to close RA and reopen the core to load saved states. Save files seem affected in the same way as well. Odd.

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could allways save via memory card you just have to go to quick menu and close instead of hitting the ps button and swipeing
I see. Have there been any performance improvements over the last 2 weeks? I just wanna play Croc!!!! That game had some sound issues and maybe a little slowdown.

mindglitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Psone emulator is compatible with multi disc games? I'm playing Parasite Eve 1.

I still cant change discs for braindead 13.

---

Also looks like some work has been done on dosbox (10/9). I can control the cursor and click on things for Wasteland but as soon as a monster appears on the map, the game freezes. No controls worked for any other dos games i tried. Also the y-axis for the right analog stick (mouse movement) was inverted.

-Dune seems to work as well, no sound but saving works. 2 days in-game time with no crash yet.. -switching to left analog for mouse movement fixes invert. Switch mouse clicking to LR for better response.

Last edited by mindglitch,
Reactions: Thiago Souza

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that is impossible...isn't it? I mean why would my Vita have issues but yours doesn't?
it is possible the way your image was ripped or converted is causing your issues for example I've noticed PBP I get online work slower until I extract the iso and make them into a PBP again myself then they work full speed not sure exactly why but might have to do with the game id or which PBP converter is used

Last edited by deathblade200,

DiabloNocturnia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Compatibility on Dosbox seems to have taken a huge hit with the recent build . Games that once could get to the title menu or demo mode now crash the emulator. Nascar racing, Indy Racing, Mario Andretti Racing, Aces of The Deep, Silent Hunter are a few that now crash the emulator.

Reactions: mindglitch

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try vba next
only if you want to make your saves unusable with gpsp again there of course is a workaround but it requires the pc version of vba to change the save size back to 64k but that is pretty annoying

EDIT: also the newest nightly has a vpk called "retroarch.vpk" which is an all in one emulator and it loads but doesn't seem to be able to recognize roms just yet but its progress

Last edited by deathblade200,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch