Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having two problems right now.

One is that my controls vanish. I can load whatever core fine, load content, then my controls no longer work. The game will run, but I have no control over it, nor can I bring the menu back up. I tried deleting retroarch.cfg to reset configurations to no avail.

The second issue that just started today is that no core seems to be able to load zip files as folders anymore, was this feature removed?

Thanks for any advice!

hat jr.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue with controls locking up.

Formatted my memory card and tried an earlier build and the problems disappeared. So I believe it's a problem with the latest build(s) specifically.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue with controls locking up.

Formatted my memory card and tried an earlier build and the problems disappeared. So I believe it's a problem with the latest build(s) specifically.
they seem to just take much longer to actually start working for me

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone knows how to disable the rear touch in game in mednafen_pce? this is so fucking annoying.
try playing ff7 and having "target" keep flashing during battle just because you have your hand resting on the back ...so far they have given no way to disable it which is the most annoying part

Michael_92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is possible the way your image was ripped or converted is causing your issues for example I've noticed PBP I get online work slower until I extract the iso and make them into a PBP again myself then they work full speed not sure exactly why but might have to do with the game id or which PBP converter is used

I just ripped the .bin myself use imgburn. I don't download any roms online. Everything I own is either dumped off a system I own digitally or came from a disk on my shelf. So are there any ideas with what could be wrong there?

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to change core on all in one retroarch vpk?i deleted all bubbles and install this but it stay in 2048 coré load core give me nothing

ctrlfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a hard time getting Mame2000 to load games. Here's what I've done, please correct me where I messed up.

1-installed mame2000 vpk (various nightly builds)
2-created directory for roms in uxo:
3-configured mame2000 "file browser" to point to roms directory
4-downloaded 37b5 romset
5-transferred zipped roms to roms directory via FTP and qcma
6-opened mame2000, selected "load content", and picked a zip file. It results in two options; Open as folder -which shows "no items" when I select it, and Load Archive with Core- which makes the screen go black for a moment, then returns to Mame2000 Retroarch start screen. It does this with every rom

I was able to get a couple of the roms working by unzipping them into their own folder within the roms folder. When I choose "load content", i would pick the folder and it would open up to show all of the files that were in the zip. Starting from the top, I would click on each file. If it was the correct one, the game loaded. When I picked any other file, I would get a C2-12828 error. I can only get five of the thirty games I tried to get to where I can play them.

Am I doing it correctly and this is just how to load the ones that work, or am I missing something? I've tried different downloads of the same romset, various mame 2000 vpks and transferred with different methods.

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
oh yess now work input setup on dosbox but worse compatibility of games i test "dangerous dave 2 haunted mansion" it work but "boovie" before start and now crash

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country
It's better to remove your ux0:/data/Retroarch folder and start from nothing. Do a backup first of your savestates

So do we install all cores as usual and also the Retroarch one?

or just the Retroarch one?

What is the benefit of the separate Retroarch bubble?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone knows how to disable the rear touch in game in mednafen_pce? this is so fucking annoying.

I use a skin and place a cut out piece of plastic with a smaller window area. helps

There is a post earlier with some instructions to convert to from touch but I never really had the time to look into that.

yeeeeeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I' a newbie here. I installed latest Nestopia.vpk and copied some Nes roms to my PS vita, but they didn't show up. What should I do now?
https://s14.postimg.org/geck81e69/2016_10_11_185804.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/3o8buy681/2016_10_11_185831.jpg

Did you use the "move" command in vitashell to put them in that folder? Don't use that, it will not set the correct permissions on the files, only use copy & paste or transfer the files directly to that folder via FTP.

lemonnade1801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use the "move" command in vitashell to put them in that folder? Don't use that, it will not set the correct permissions on the files, only use copy & paste or transfer the files directly to that folder via FTP.
Transfer via FTP did the trick! Thank you very much! :)

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just an fyi for those of you using the all in one vpk you can delete the .self files in the vpk for each core you are not interested in using not only can it save a bit of space (for me it cuts it down from 100mb to 30mb) but its also more organized when you go to load a core

Reactions: PlaystationTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1