Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tnx you everyone... now it's working... i just ignore i need a .cue file,sorry.
if i can do just a last question, what i have to do when i can find a cue file associated to .bin?
and multidisk games works?

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any problems loading psx roms without .cue files. Seems you only need .cue files when the .bin is in multiple tracks. I could be wrong, but it works for me.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hear somebody pointing out that the current builds no longer work on PS TV.

It could have something to do with that PS TV controller 'pull request' that somebody sent me, which added more PS TV controller features. Maybe something broke down there. I will talk to him and see if we can resolve this.

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry,i did another stupid thing.. i changed the menu' appearance but instead to set the xbar style i set another style that dont works and now i dont know of to return to original...
thank you for help

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry,i did another stupid thing.. i changed the menu' appearance but instead to set the xbar style i set another style that dont works and now i dont know of to return to original...
thank you for help
delete the retroarch.cfg file, running the app re-generate the config

Reactions: Ppelle

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any problems loading psx roms without .cue files. Seems you only need .cue files when the .bin is in multiple tracks. I could be wrong, but it works for me.
Get the eboot psp files they are smaller

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hear somebody pointing out that the current builds no longer work on PS TV.

It could have something to do with that PS TV controller 'pull request' that somebody sent me, which added more PS TV controller features. Maybe something broke down there. I will talk to him and see if we can resolve this.
It was working when l2r2 was added 10/3 on pstv

After 10/4 it no longer works on pstv

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the eboot psp files they are smaller

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was working when l2r2 was added 10/3 on pstv

After 10/4 it no longer works on pstv

I will once my 64gb card arrives today.
Not looking forward to the painfully slow transfer speeds :wacko:

bopz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i just tried my golden sun 2 pal rom, and i just got around 10 fps with the 10/05 nightlies, maybe my bios is not the right one?

Sphere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheating on retroarch psx doesnt work, When will the core be released?
Final fantasy 7 on psx retroarch turns black 3-4minutes inte game, shows NO text either, wrong bios or faulty emulator?
October 3 release

Is it possible to create a bubble that goes directly inte the game instead of loading emulator then choose game?
IF it is, is there a guide or app anywhere?
Thanks for bringing emulator for the vita, youre all kings and queens, mighty!!

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding FBA:

All the CPS1/CPS2/NEOGEO stuff works great even within the fba standalone core, but is the support for other arcade machines lackluster at this time? Perhaps once Dynarec is applied it will help speed things up?

Aliminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And there's your problem.
FBAlpha2012 Version does NOT work; use the .VPK marked "fbalpha_libretro" WITHOUT the 2012 suffix.
Also, make sure for Neo-Geo games that you have your neogeo.zip in the same directory; preferably with UniBIOS for ease-of-use sake.

Ok, I changed to the normal FBAlpha but still couldnt get a single rom set to start, tried with Art of Fighting, Twinkle Star Sprites and Kingdom Grandprix, none would even try to boot up. I put some Bios files in the folder where the rom sets also are, these were a Neo Geo Bios which seemed to be especially for FBA (size about 1,5mb) and the Unibios 3.2. I named one neogeo.zip and the othe UniBios.zip.

Wheres my fault, shouldnt at least Kingdom Grandprix start?

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I changed to the normal FBAlpha but still couldnt get a single rom set to start, tried with Art of Fighting, Twinkle Star Sprites and Kingdom Grandprix, none would even try to boot up. I put some Bios files in the folder where the rom sets also are, these were a Neo Geo Bios which seemed to be especially for FBA (size about 1,5mb) and the Unibios 3.2. I named one neogeo.zip and the othe UniBios.zip.

Delete your retroarch.cfg and try again. I've had this issue too.

jms209

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 10/5 is the one that's broken?
Should I download 10/06 instead then?

Has the issues been fixed, or will it take a little longer to fix.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

The unibios files need to be put inside neogeo.zip, not in a separate zip file.

Honestly, just keep downloading different neogeo.zip files from different websites until you find a set that works, that's what I did. The issue is that there's so many different neogeo.zip files of different sizes that contain different files.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
after various tries, finally i had SF 4th (3rd hack) launching (normal 4th, not AE 2013). But after this, the game is launched is the normal version; how is possible? lol. If the file inside the zip are hacked, how the game start unmodified? (i dont have any other sf3 rom inside the game folder, only the 4th strike)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
after various tries, finally i had SF 4th (3rd hack) launching (normal 4th, not AE 2013). But after this, the game is launched is the normal version; how is possible? lol. If the file inside the zip are hacked, how the game start unmodified? (i dont have any other sf3 rom inside the game folder, only the 4th strike)

DiabloNocturnia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most EA Sports games don't seem to get on well with PCSX. NBA 2002 & 2003 freeze as the main menu is beginning to display, the EA F1 games freeze on the licensing info screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think