Hacking Emulation RetroArch/Libretro Thread: PS Vita Edition! Nightlies Included

SeongGino

The Average One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Question regarding FBA:

Is there a way to map the "test switch" or access the DIP switch menu? I would like to use the test switch to correct a bad EEPROM error in some Konami games, and the DIP switch to mess with difficuty settings.

In-game menu:
Quick Menu -> Options -> Depending on the game, you'll see either Test Switch options or general Dip switch adjustments.
And in Quick Menu -> Controls, in many cases you'll see a key input for Test/Service Coin/Switch.
Depends on the game, though; some will have one or the other, and a few exceptions have nothing of the sort.

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole idea of this game is to be a bit more tactial, as it's not always the case that you're going to be higher levels than the people who you are facing. I suggest catching pokemon that give you a high chance of a type advantage against various trainers. If go west when you're in Viridian City, as if you're going to Victory Road, you can catch a Nidoran that hopefully knows peck, a strength against the pokemon in that gym. Also tied with Bulbasaur who also knows grass moves, you should have a chance at winning the fights. Bulbasaur also learns sleep powder early on which can be very useful. When training, remember to use exp share and give it to different pokemon in your team so they are all around the same level. This is definitely a harder pokemon game but it is a lot of fun.
I like it. Is there a word document that tells you the location of all the pokemon?

Filippo94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello! So far have been using your PSX emulator without any issue, and with very minor slowdowns. Never thought an emulator could be ported and work that well at the first release, really good job! :lol:

Yesterday I wanted to try Descent to be run on the PS Vita, and it did work for what I've seen. I stopped quite early though, because I wanted to map the action buttons (X, [], /\, O) to the right analog, but only for this game. I searched in the input settings from the main menu, and it can be mapped, but that's a global setting. I tried then to remap the buttons assignment from the quick menu (remapping the retroarch pad), but I've seen there's no way to map an analog to a button.

For those who do not know, Descent uses action buttons to navigate the ship the same way the D-Pad is used.

That did surprise me honestly, is it a feature it still have to be added, or is it something that has never been considered?

Thanks again for your hard work, I've never used retroarch before, since I'm used to have separate emulators, but having everything packed into a such nice gui, with customizable options, makes the experience really smooth, good job again! :D

Simando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been really enjoying the PSX games on here - particularly command and conquer. Has anyone managed to make dosbox inputs work yet? I guess not and that's understandable, but wanted to check!

Reactions: laharl22

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm near to surrender with pcsx... i tried every possible bios... i gain just a c2-12828-1 error when try to load a game...
i can't understand what is wrong...the bios is in the right folder,the directory is checked... i tried with two different games (in .iso) no one works...
when i select the file game, it don't load and return to quick menu of emulator... if i retry i have a c2-12828-1 error...

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i'm near to surrender with pcsx... i tried every possible bios... i gain just a c2-12828-1 error when try to load a game...
i can't understand what is wrong...the bios is in the right folder,the directory is checked... i tried with two different games (in .iso) no one works...
when i select the file game, it don't load and return to quick menu of emulator... if i retry i have a c2-12828-1 error...
I don't know if ISO format is supported, I use BIN/CUE and PBP, I tried a few games (8-10) and no one fails with 29-09 nightly

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had luck with ISO. BIN/CUE and PBP are what I've had work myself.

Question: Why can't RetroArch navigate to the PSPEmu directory so I can play my PSN PS1 games? I have a sneaking suspicion I know why(extended permissions RA doesn't have so it can be a safe homebrew), but if there is another reason, I'd like to know.

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i hope dont break any rule of the forum but where you find games in bin/cue? i found only in .bin(only) and .iso

Kerbangman

Trophies
XP
Country

Are you loading the BIN file and not the CUE file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i hope dont break any rule of the forum but where you find games in bin/cue? i found only in .bin(only) and .iso

It's against the rules to post links.

Use Google to search and it will be there. Emu paradise :)

Last edited by Kerbangman,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Question: Why can't RetroArch navigate to the PSPEmu directory so I can play my PSN PS1 games? I have a sneaking suspicion I know why(extended permissions RA doesn't have so it can be a safe homebrew), but if there is another reason, I'd like to know.

Even if it could it would just crash (I tried a few days ago with an encrypted eboot vs. a psx2psp made one of the same game, with the bin/cue being extracted from the encrypted eboot, so the same files essentially. The encrypted one crashed instantly while the one made with psx2psp worked fine; I don't think RetroArch has code in it to decrypt eboots (though, admittedly, I haven't looked).

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
in this paradise i found only .bin only files,without .cue in folder... or i foudn .bin.ecm files and i have no idea about this

Ppelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
and the cue file? i dont found it in the folder,i can generate it in any way?
(sorry for boring,i know i did a lot of questions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: