Retroarch Issues - PCSXReARMED ARM11 Crash + Slowdown in all SNES9x Cores

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jamstruth, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Jamstruth
    OP

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

Apr 23, 2009
    North East Scotland
    Hi,

I'm running on an Old 3DSXL system. I recently hacked following the 3ds.hacks.guide system and everything seems ok and I can install and run homebrew fine. However I'm having a lot of issues with Retroarch.

The only core that seems to work fine so far is Gambatte. Any SNES9x core seems to give me unplayable framerates (constant slowdown) and the PCSXReARMed core (I know its slow on Old3DS but I wanted to try it) gives me an ARM11 exception.

Exception is: Arm11 (core 0), data abort, Peremission - Section. I've attached a Dumb from Luma in case it helps. Just a little worried something up with either my install or my 3DS...

Thanks,
    Jamstruth

Attached Files:

2. Rj.MoG

Rj.MoG GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2015
    United States
    Use the 10-8 nightly, and I’d suggest Bubble2k16 emulators for NES and SNES. For GB it’s probably best to just use injected roms, ham ate and gameyob have lots of issues and are weirdly slow.

3. placebo_yue

placebo_yue Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2019
    Argentina
    gameyob is perfect IMO, if anything, it's ugly on the UI department, but that's about it.

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Thats almost true. Tho i found a few issues with dragon quest monsters 2. taras journey and cobis quest. Along side the fact you cannot unfortunately link the games within the emulator.

5. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    This is normal for an O3DS. I'd recommend Bubblek2k's SNES9x version instead, since it's properly optimized for the original 3DS. As for PCSX, I don't think it'll run.

6. Johnny675

Johnny675 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2019
    United States
    I have a new 3DS XL and the PlayStation emulator for retroarch crashes I wish someone would write a standalone emulator for it I purchased another handheld to play PlayStation 1 games on it and it works great that would really be nice to have everything on one system

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted