Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

BOXakaJOEMOVES

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All those working here from USB except I haven't tried psp. My sega dreamcast games are in .chd format.
Do you have the CDI's for King of Fighters XI and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum? Those are the only Atomiswave games I am currently missing.

I found PPSSPP Standalone to be much more forgiving than RetroArch when it comes to setting up your PSP Library. I did manage to get FlyCast Core to boot my DC Games (Hokuto No Ken, Capcom VS SNK 2 & Marvel VS Capcom 2 just to name a few) within RetroArch by brute forcing my BIO's setup (extracting everything to a Root Folder as well as sorting them via Folders per Platform.

While the convenience of RetroArch being the All-In-One IS enticing , I've come to terms that most of the Standalone Apps (FlyCast, PPSSPP, XSXPS2) are much more user friendly and far less intimidating when it comes to setting up everything in app.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the CDI's for King of Fighters XI and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum? Those are the only Atomiswave games I am currently missing.

I found PPSSPP Standalone to be much more forgiving than RetroArch when it comes to setting up your PSP Library. I did manage to get FlyCast Core to boot my DC Games (Hokuto No Ken, Capcom VS SNK 2 & Marvel VS Capcom 2 just to name a few) within RetroArch by brute forcing my BIO's setup (extracting everything to a Root Folder as well as sorting them via Folders per Platform.

While the convenience of RetroArch being the All-In-One IS enticing , I've come to terms that most of the Standalone Apps (FlyCast, PPSSPP, XSXPS2) are much more user friendly and far less intimidating when it comes to setting up everything in app.
Not sure I would have to check on those. Retroarch is same on most systems so If you setup on one you can carry everything over.

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GameCube and Wii games are crashing into the dashboard. I reinstalled Retroarch and still nothing. Does anybody how to fix this?

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you downloaded the the dolphin zip from the core system files downloader?
I just went here: Main Menu, Online Updater, Emulator System Files Downloader and downloaded Dolphin.zip but still the same thing.

My Xbox is in retail mode, in between. I even reset the console earlier today. Do I need BIOS or something like that?

Last edited by Waveracer,

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just went here: Main Menu, Online Updater, Emulator System Files Downloader and downloaded Dolphin.zip but still the same thing.

My Xbox is in retail mode, in between. I even reset the console earlier today. Do I need BIOS or something like that?
That's the file, and it contains the (legal) bios, although most games will work without it, so it was a long shot...

I have the same issue with PS2 in retail mode (thankfully there's a standalone emulator for that now) when clearly others could get them to work (all correct bios files in place etc), and also Mame2003plus (despite having the romset, which works no problems in dev mode. Or Retrix in retail) whereas my GC/Wii games run fine. For me the program assumes the pcsx2/mame cores are there, and the info files show (telling me the ps2 bios is present) with no issue, but they just CTD everytime, even just trying to start the core without a game..

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you. I also tried reinstalling, deleting cfg files, tried the new Lite version of RA, no luck, so have given up and am waiting for a new release which might fix mine. While you're in the downloads section, update the rest, such as core info files etc, though again I'm not sure you'll have much success. Also check settings\directories to make sure it's looking in the right places for your cores and so on?
Just out of interest, what format are your games in? ISO and RVZ are working for me, ditto WBFS for Wii games..

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The GameCube and Wii games are crashing into the dashboard. I reinstalled Retroarch and still nothing. Does anybody how to fix this?
Where do you have your iso files? I found with wii and gc that if they are on the internal they need to be in a particular folder to work. I think it was the localstate\download folder.

Raku3702

Trophies
Website
www.kamowin.com
XP
Country
Spain
It's been a while since I've been involved with the Xbox Scene. I wanted to share something super cool with the community. You can now install Retroarch on your Xbox Series S/X or Xbox One on Retail Mode. You DO NOT need a whitelist. And no you will not get banned from Xbox Live. This is great because dev mode is no longer required. With retroarch on Retail Mode games have full access to the hardware and you have all of your games in one place. No longer do you have to switch back and forth when you want to play Xbox Games or Retro Games.

I've linked the video tutorial here so you can give it a watch if you prefer a more in depth guide. All credit goes to Gamr13. This guy is doing the lords work. Basically there are a few steps to getting Retroarch setup in Retail Mode on your Xbox.

1. Open Edge Browser
2. Navigate to https://gamr13.github.io/
3. Once there, click on Retroarch and select "Download App"
4. You will be taken to the Microsoft Store where you can download Retroarch.
5. After Retroarch is finished downloading just configure it, add your games and you're ready to go. Enjoy Retro Gaming on Retail.

That's it. If you have any questions drop them here.

Thats why xbox is cooler than ps

It's been a while since I've been involved with the Xbox Scene. I wanted to share something super cool with the community. You can now install Retroarch on your Xbox Series S/X or Xbox One on Retail Mode. You DO NOT need a whitelist. And no you will not get banned from Xbox Live. This is great because dev mode is no longer required. With retroarch on Retail Mode games have full access to the hardware and you have all of your games in one place. No longer do you have to switch back and forth when you want to play Xbox Games or Retro Games.

I've linked the video tutorial here so you can give it a watch if you prefer a more in depth guide. All credit goes to Gamr13. This guy is doing the lords work. Basically there are a few steps to getting Retroarch setup in Retail Mode on your Xbox.

1. Open Edge Browser
2. Navigate to https://gamr13.github.io/
3. Once there, click on Retroarch and select "Download App"
4. You will be taken to the Microsoft Store where you can download Retroarch.
5. After Retroarch is finished downloading just configure it, add your games and you're ready to go. Enjoy Retro Gaming on Retail.

That's it. If you have any questions drop them here.

Is the Xb1s powerful enough to emulate ps2?

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where do you have your iso files? I found with wii and gc that if they are on the internal they need to be in a particular folder to work. I think it was the localstate\download folder.
I have them on an external drive. The folder path is something like D:/games for GameCube and D:/wbfs for Wii games. It used to work until recently. I also tried to browse manually (load game option) instead of using the library shortcuts. An update made GC/Wii games run at full speed and decompress and load Wii games much quicker but, suddenly, no game loads. I tried to reset the console (that was much easier than I expected) and reinstall Retroarch and download the Dolphin zip file but still the same problem. GameCube and Wii games no longer load, Retroarch crashes into the Xbox dashboard. I have no idea what's wrong!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them on an external drive. The folder path is something like D:/games for GameCube and D:/wbfs for Wii games. It used to work until recently. I also tried to browse manually (load game option) instead of using the library shortcuts. An update made GC/Wii games run at full speed and decompress and load Wii games much quicker but, suddenly, no game loads. I tried to reset the console (that was much easier than I expected) and reinstall Retroarch and download the Dolphin zip file but still the same problem. GameCube and Wii games no longer load, Retroarch crashes into the Xbox dashboard. I have no idea what's wrong!
From what I've learned on discord, it's almost pointless to reinstall the app as Microsoft now has it where the LOCALFOLDER is no longer removed for that app upon uninstallation. You have to delete it with ftp to reset settings or use the return to default settings in Retroarch itself.

krzysiek13

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, when I try open Xbsx ps2 emu app or retroarch, or duckstation and other apps from gamer13 app I have communication like that "first connect to the xbox network" When I connect to internet the xbox and try open retroarch or other app from gamers13 app I have communication " Try referent game or application" With error code 0x87E10BC6 :/ do u have any solution?

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
they're down. gamr on his discord said he was going to wait, because they got taken down in less than a day.
Not only that, he was taking a break this week. So all he has is a shit Celeron laptop that took 6 hours to just upload a few of the apps that are hosted... only for the apps to go down the next day.

So sometime this next week the apps should be up again.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that, he was taking a break this week. So all he has is a shit Celeron laptop that took 6 hours to just upload a few of the apps that are hosted... only for the apps to go down the next day.

So sometime this next week the apps should be up again.
oh yeah, I saw that he was taking a break for a week. I hope this doesn't deter him from uploading the apps, maybe not as often if they're just going to get taken down in a day.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...