Retroarch is now on Retail Mode (Xbox Series S/X)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GABO1423 , is there a way to go directly to a game's page on xbox live on the home menu like you can with the ps5 and switch? or, do you have to type in the game name manually just to check on say dlc or something? is there an easier way?

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GABO1423 , is there a way to go directly to a game's page on xbox live on the home menu like you can with the ps5 and switch? or, do you have to type in the game name manually just to check on say dlc or something? is there an easier way?
I appreciate you asking me questions but what does this have to do with RetroArch? lol

Well, I guess you could add a game to the Home by just pressing start on a game's icon (specifically in My Games and Apps) so you can always have it accessible and check out community screenshots, clips and the like. That also shows a shortcut to the game's Microsoft Store listing if you want to check out its DLC too. This means that you have to do this with every game you want which can also result in a vertical list of tons of stuff below the main dashboard, which is why I recommend you use it for the games you see yourself using frequently.

You could also add a specific friend to the home menu if you want, or even tabs related to Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold, the Store, etc.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate you asking me questions but what does this have to do with RetroArch? lol

Well, I guess you could add a game to the Home by just pressing start on a game's icon (specifically in My Games and Apps) so you can always have it accessible and check out community screenshots, clips and the like. That also shows a shortcut to the game's Microsoft Store listing if you want to check out its DLC too. This means that you have to do this with every game you want which can also result in a vertical list of tons of stuff below the main dashboard, which is why I recommend you use it for the games you see yourself using frequently.

You could also add a specific friend to the home menu if you want, or even tabs related to Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold, the Store, etc.
@GABO1423 , I'm trying to update retroarch (saw there was an update on discord), but retroarch finds no updates. I have 22.4.17 right now.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GABO1423 , I'm trying to update retroarch (saw there was an update on discord), but retroarch finds no updates. I have 22.4.17 right now.
Hold down the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds to hard reboot the system and see if the update shows up then. You might have to open RetroArch for an update prompt to appear if it does not show up right away.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold down the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds to hard reboot the system and see if the update shows up then. You might have to open RetroArch for an update prompt to appear if it does not show up right away.
neither worked, so I'm reinstalling retroarch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the version I was using was delisted, because going to it from gamr's github resulted in a blank store image, so I deleted history, cache, and cookies on exit, then went back to it. It installed fine, and I transferred my cfg over, tested a game, and it now shows 22.4.20 (no issues). It's updating halo master chief collection now. :D

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the version I was using was delisted, because going to it from gamr's github resulted in a blank store image, so I deleted history, cache, and cookies on exit, then went back to it. It installed fine, and I transferred my cfg over, tested a game, and it now shows 22.4.20 (no issues). It's updating halo master chief collection now. :D
Sounds like a bit of a headache. Why can't these things always just be seemless and easy? :blush:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a bit of a headache. Why can't these things always just be seemless and easy? :blush:
Not too bad. It actually takes longer to download and install than reconfiguring. Just update the assets, then ftp the config file to the Retroarch folder, and done.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've set up edge to delete, cache, cookies, and browsing history upon exit, so that issue with it loading up the wrong retroarch page on the store should not happen again. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a new update was released on Friday, saw it on discord, so I just updated--22.4.30.70 is the version number. it's update with the latest builds of several cores, not to retroarch itself afaik.

john24bosten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my own experience PS2 is hit and miss since the PCSX2 Libretro core is still a work in progress. The games I have tested for PS2 that work fine or with very minimal issues are

God of War
Grand Theft Auto III
Persona 3 FES

N64 should emulate most games well enough. From my own testing Conker, Mario 64, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, all worked great.
Hi i have a problem with super smash bros and kirby 64.. with super smash bros i cant press play and aftet the title it goes black. For kirby its weird like he is behind the world but the world keeps moving kirby dont.. and then it freezes if u leave it

john24bosten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my own experience PS2 is hit and miss since the PCSX2 Libretro core is still a work in progress. The games I have tested for PS2 that work fine or with very minimal issues are

God of War
Grand Theft Auto III
Persona 3 FES

N64 should emulate most games well enough. From my own testing Conker, Mario 64, Paper Mario, Smash Bros, all worked great.

Hello.. im having issues with smash bros and kirby 64.. for smash bros i cant press play and it goes black screen after the title.. for kirby 64 is so weird the overall world works but kirby is behind and doesnt move.. when it does tutorial he just stands frozen.. kinda creepy actually.. cant find a way to fix it..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.. im having issues with smash bros and kirby 64.. for smash bros i cant press play and it goes black screen after the title.. for kirby 64 is so weird the overall world works but kirby is behind and doesnt move.. when it does tutorial he just stands frozen.. kinda creepy actually.. cant find a way to fix it..
both games run fine for me. did you update your retroarch recently? iirc, a new update to the retail version was released on April 28th. it updated several cores.

john24bosten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both games run fine for me. did you update your retroarch recently? iirc, a new update to the retail version was released on April 28th. it updated several cores.
Im still using dev mode cause i can use 280 gb . I tried retail but the 30gb limit sucks lol. Should i reinstall retroarch or try to update the core? Other n64 games work fine is just those two.. and kirby seems curse idk lol

Reactions: godreborn

john24bosten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still using dev mode cause i can use 280 gb . I tried retail but the 30gb limit sucks lol. Should i reinstall retroarch or try to update the core? Other n64 games work fine is just those two.. and kirby seems curse idk lol

Attachments

• 20220505_130644.jpg
    20220505_130644.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 59

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. maybe try updating the core. also, 30GBs isn't much of a problem, since everything, aside from the retroarch main config file can be put on an external drive.

john24bosten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. maybe try updating the core. also, 30GBs isn't much of a problem, since everything, aside from the retroarch main config file can be put on an external drive.

My external drive doesnt work for some reasom i formated different ways and the console doesnt recognize it.. maybe i need a new external?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for retroarch, you need to do ntfs, then tell it to read the drive as a media drive. don't format it as xbox or you won't be able to access the drive at all, not even with ftp. you may have to try other ports on the system. I think the system has three usb ports, but I can't really remember for sure. plug it in the front usb port for easy access. the problem may also be your cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same