Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not been much progress, but I find it works well enough with Clock+L2 on in Luma.

Do you mind if I ask which games and at what fps? Just curious :3

P.S. So hyped that there's a Dolphin GameCube/Wii core for RetroArch now xD ( before anyone gets excited for whatever stupid reason, no, not for 3DS )

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its easy to get gpsp to crash. its called playing the same non-working game over and over again. I only use it for pokemon emerald and for other things I use Virtual Console .cia files.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, wait a second. Clock + L2 works with the PlayStation core? I don't know how I never thought to try that! Maybe that will be enough to bump Grandia and Tales of Phantasia up to full speed. I can get really damn close, but always with *just* enough slowdown that it's fully playable but a touch annoying. Especially with Grandia, because if you try the frame-skip option, it screws up how the message boxes load.

...Now I just have to try and remember the key combination to open the settings menu for Luma. (My system uses MenuHax, and set to not need a button held to auto-boot the CFW)

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa, wait a second. Clock + L2 works with the PlayStation core? I don't know how I never thought to try that!
Actually I just read that all the RetroArch emulators already use Clock+L2 without you needing to do it.

...Now I just have to try and remember the key combination to open the settings menu for Luma. (My system uses MenuHax, and set to not need a button held to auto-boot the CFW)
Are you sure? I've not heard of using Luma with anything else like MemuHax. You might want to upgrade using http://3ds.guide

Dragonyka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I take the lastest stable build ? I'm on 1.3.4 and pcsx-rearmed only need a few more frames to run ctr properly, but of what I see the 1.4.0 wasn't recommended...

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PCSX is missing in 1.4.0 and 1.4.1

1.3.6 is the most recent

I'm not sure it's any more optimised since your version

I haven't tested the 1.3.4 build, but i have found a more recent build from 14-11-2016.
It definitely runs better than the 1.3.6 stable build, has the dynamic recompiler working and full 1.4.0 XMB support, unlike the last version i uploaded.
Will be uploading it soon, together with .3dsx from all unofficial builds i have.

Reactions: matt!

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't tested the 1.3.4 build, but i have found a more recent build from 14-11-2016.
It definitely runs better than the 1.3.6 stable build, has the dynamic recompiler working and full 1.4.0 XMB support, unlike the last version i uploaded.
Will be uploading it soon, together with .3dsx from all unofficial builds i have.

Nice discovery! Thanks

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The latest pcsx on my hard drive is from 4 Dec 2016, but I can't attest to its performance. Here is an archive with just the pcsx files (cia and core). I'm interested to hear how it compares to the 14 Nov build.

Attachments

• 2016-12-04_RetroArch_cia_(pcsx).zip
    1 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: MrHuu

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The latest pcsx on my hard drive is from 4 Dec 2016, but I can't attest to its performance. Here is an archive with just the pcsx files (cia and core). I'm interested to hear how it compares to the 14 Nov build.

I've been playing with this core some time now. Runs great, even have to enable v-sync for some games.

Posted results in the thread i just made:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/unofficial-3ds-retroarch-builds-compatibility-thread.462252/

Do you also have the .3dsx btw?

Reactions: matt!

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users