Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

user423352

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've tried every snes emu I know and on every one of them 'Super Mario World' is running at 50fps only with some stuttering. Got N3DS XL. Can someone elaborate?

Greymane

Lurking gbatemp pony
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm... Retroarch psx emu, crashes when restart and then resume is used on the quick menu, doesn't happen when restart is used and another game is then selected. And jade cocoon crashes when a button is pushed on the start menu, the frames counter still increases though, also the bottom part of the top screen glitches in the studio opening. BTW if you download a game that is .bin.ecm dont delete the .ecm to turn it to .bin because (the sample size? 4096?) will be to big, so use proper .bin files. Most likely went captain there but there you have it.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do the Donkey Kong Country 2&3 games run on RetroArch (catsfc core)? I have yet to start playing them. I know the games use some advanced lighting/transparency affects in some levels. Can the emulator handle this smoothly without slowdowns?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In case anybody is around to help, how do I get Retroarch to actually recognize "dspfirm.cdc"? I've extracted it and it's sitting on /3ds, but it's not being picked up by Retroarch, and from the audio settings, I can'g get it to see the file when I entere "DSP settings".

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Stable means a fixed point int time and nothing else.
We have achieved our goals and released a new version.

No-one said we focused on 3DS or anything.
aliaspider is the main dev for this port and he has been away for a while.

As for the rest of use, we don't even have a 3DS. (I do, at 11.0 and I'm not tearing it apart for a hardmod)

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country

As for the rest of use, we don't even have a 3DS. (I do, at 11.0 and I'm not tearing it apart for a hardmod)

Don't get me wrong, I do greatly appreciate the work being done here, it's just a shame that I can't use any of these useful new options and features, because the screen tearing hurts my eyes too much.
It seems like the recently added 3D feature is the culprit here behind all of the annoying tearing. Would it be possible to release a version with it removed until the problems with it can be corrected? As it is now, the 3D doesn't even work properly.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Don't get me wrong, I do greatly appreciate the work being done here, it's just a shame that I can't use any of these useful new options and features, because the screen tearing hurts my eyes too much.
It seems like the recently added 3D feature is the culprit here behind all of the annoying tearing. Would it be possible to release a version with it removed until the problems with it can be corrected? As it is now, the 3D doesn't even work properly.

I'll take a look but IDK

Stable and Retroarch in the same sentence? Hahaha...

Thanks for your constructive and enlightening insight

thebestdogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Will the final burn alpha cores ever get more attention? I still get slowdown and jittery scrolling and I'm on n3ds. I can't get a lot of neo geo games to run either. If there is more room for performance and compatibility tweaks for cps1/2/neo please don't give up.

If they remove 3d we'll get a lesser quality image because of how the 3d displays 2d applications. I'd prefer if they kept retroarch recognizing 3d and worked around it so we don't have to sacrifice visual quality.

Last edited by thebestdogs,

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
If they remove 3d we'll get a lesser quality image because of how the 3d displays 2d applications. I'd prefer if they kept retroarch recognizing 3d and worked around it so we don't have to sacrifice visual quality.

Obviously I'd prefer to have the 3D and the sharper image it adds, but not if it comes with horrible screen tearing that's been present since it was introduced in 1.3.4. This pretty much negates any increase in quality. I'd much rather use the LQ2X or EPX filters for a higher quality image instead.

If the 3D feature is causing the tearing, it should be removed it until it's fixed.

Last edited by coinblock,

thebestdogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously I'd prefer to have the 3D and the sharper image it adds, but not if it comes with horrible screen tearing that's been present since it was introduced in 1.3.4. This pretty much negates any increase in quality. I'd much rather use the LQ2X or EPX filters for a higher quality image instead.

If the 3D feature is causing the tearing, it should be removed it until it's fixed. Or, at least, disabled by default.
Filters don't give a higher quality image when the 3ds screen resolution can already fit all of these consoles 1:1. How can scaling and filtering be better than that? I'm afraid that if they get rid of 3d it wont come back in future updates.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye