Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

haazet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been messing around with Pc Engine/ Turbographx CD games?

I got the SuperCD BIOS and the game (Downtown Nekketsu Soreyuke) works great in 1.3.3 Stable. But when trying to close content or exit RetroArch it's freezes saving the data or something.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The PC Engine core has never closed properly after playing a CD game. It's normal. Just make sure to 'Close Content' before you exit otherwise your game save won't be written.

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finding that a BIN/CUE dump of Rondo of Blood is running really slowly, only about 45 FPS on my n3DS through the CIA version. This is the 1.3.4 release. Have other people had better performance? Does the 1.3.3 release run more briskly?

K

KingpinSlim

I'm finding that a BIN/CUE dump of Rondo of Blood is running really slowly, only about 45 FPS on my n3DS through the CIA version. This is the 1.3.4 release. Have other people had better performance? Does the 1.3.3 release run more briskly?

You should generally always use the 1.3.3 version.
The 1.3.4 version has a few issues and therefor (for now) 1.3.3 seems better overall.
Enjoy your games!

PS: Rondo of Blood (Translated) runs very well for me on my new3DS. Never noticed any particular issues with this game.

EDIT: Just checked. Rondo of Blood runs on 59.8 FPS, so yes. It runs very well, at least on new3DS.

Last edited by ,

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gpsp 1.3.3 stable crashes on mario golf, when trying to load "quick game" or "story mode". it will act like a reset of the content.
n3ds 11.0 luma
1.3.0 was crashing too... i guess the cia version never worked for me on this game. 3dsx worked fine on 1.3.0 (haven't tested 1.3.3)
cia works well for pretty much every other game I've thrown at it (~8 others)

Last edited by N64,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one thing i don't like about this is every time i want to switch a Rom it boots me back to the home menu. is there a fix around for that 2DS btw.

tried this with QUICK NES and PICO DRIVE.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the one thing i don't like about this is every time i want to switch a Rom it boots me back to the home menu. is there a fix around for that 2DS btw.

Nope, that was never fixed. It's like that also on o3ds and n3ds as well.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nope, that was never fixed. It's like that also on o3ds and n3ds as well.

are you guys using "quit retroarch" or "close content"? I've always been able to boot another ROM using close content, as long as it is used on the same emulator

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got this game running fine on N3ds with a CIA but it an aldr build like from 9 moths ago maybe

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The PC Engine core has never closed properly after playing a CD game. It's normal. Just make sure to 'Close Content' before you exit otherwise your game save won't be written.
do you know if they have ever fixed supergrafx games yet? i would really like to play dai makimura on 3ds

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't support Supergrafx as far as I'm aware, unfortunately.

Get your Dai Makai Mura fix via the CPS1 core using the arcade rom. It runs flawlessly (on N3DS).

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you guys using "quit retroarch" or "close content"? I've always been able to boot another ROM using close content, as long as it is used on the same emulator
For me i always have to use "close content" and then "quit retroarch", otherswise when switching games retroarch freezes on me.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i just press B and try to choose a new game. it does one of these 2 things.

A.it loads it.
B.it boots me to the home menu with an error message.

Last edited by DJPlace,

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

Recently got homebrew loaded up on my 11.0 2DS using Basicsploit.

I have a question regarding the GBA emulators, why is it that it they are running kind of... sluggishly slow? I tried both mGBA and gpsp, same results on the games I have tested so far.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA can't be emulated with speed on a 2DS / O3DS unfortunately due to its lack of CPU speed. GBA ROM injection is how GBA can run excellently on your hardware - but it isn't possible to downgrade to run a CFW that will make that an option on firmware above 10.7.

Your options include:

- Hard mod to enable access to downgrading
- Obtain another 2DS with a FW under 10.7 and downgrade
- Homebrew-enable an N3DS which can run many GBA titles full speed using gpsp.

Reactions: ShikaSan

ShikaSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GBA can't be emulated with speed on a 2DS / O3DS unfortunately due to its lack of CPU speed. GBA ROM injection is how GBA can run excellently on your hardware - but it isn't possible to downgrade to run a CFW that will make that an option on firmware above 10.7.

Your options include:

- Hard mod to enable access to downgrading
- Obtain another 2DS with a FW under 10.7 and downgrade
- Homebrew-enable an N3DS which can run many GBA titles full speed using gpsp.

I see... I was thinking of selling it and either save up for a New 3DS or at least buy a 2DS/O3DS with lower firmware to put CFW. Thanks for the info!

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
NEW 3DS XL

When i set full screen mode, a strange "break" happens!!! I dont know how to explain.
But left side of top screen the screen just break when game its runing...

it's like when you have v sync off and runs over 60fps+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Why buy another Series X? Something happen to the 1st one?