Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

RegularMoron

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's awesome that we can play all of these systems thanks to retroarch, but the sprites do not look right in any of them. They become jagged and fragmented as they move or when the screen scrolls. This is with 1:1 par and I'm on a build that's about a week old. Has this been fixed? Am I missing a setting? It really ruins the experience for me.
Concerning this same issue. But with Genesis/Megadrive games this time.

I tried CIA versions of Genplus-GX and Picodrive with Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Something that I did not expect happened: Picodrive blew Genplus out of the water. To make a long story short, S3K runs perfect on Picodrive, but is completely teared on Genplus. I wonder why, but these are the facts.

EDIT -
Picodrive isn't even listed in the thread's opening message!
Come on! It seems to be superior to Genplus, thus it deserves to be listed.

Last edited by RegularMoron,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Something that I did not expect happened: Picodrive blew Genplus out of the water. To make a long story short, S3K runs perfect on Picodrive, but is completely teared on Genplus. I wonder why, but these are the facts.

Not sure. Gen Plus was pretty much perfect with Sonic 3 recently. I haven't tried it in the last few days though.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some more tests of Daxtsu's 'FBA Full':

PGM: Do Don Pachi Dai-ou-jou (ddpdoj) - screens capped in attract mode (I can't bring myself to play it with the screen orientation/mirroring/screwed up controls). Fps mainly around the low to mid 50's, but went as low as 40.
scr_6_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_6_BOTTOM.png

CPS3: Street Fighter III First Strike (sfiiij) - again capped in attract mode, similar fps to the above.
scr_7_TOP_LEFT.png
scr_7_BOTTOM.png

...it's been a good day for RA!

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PGM: Do Don Pachi Dai-ou-jou (ddpdoj) - screens capped in attract mode (I can't bring myself to play it with the screen orientation/mirroring/screwed up controls). Fps mainly around the low to mid 50's, but went as low as 40.
View attachment 28855 View attachment 28856

CPS3: Street Fighter III First Strike (sfiiij) - again capped in attract mode, similar fps to the above.
View attachment 28857 View attachment 28858

I can't make Metal Slug 5 (Neo Geo) work with @daxtsu's 'FBA Full (3DSX version). Other Metal Slug 1-4 and X work.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't make Metal Slug 5 (Neo Geo) work with @daxtsu's 'FBA Full (3DSX version). Other Metal Slug 1-4 and X work.
I can't help you there I'm afraid - I've not been testing anything from the existing cores, especially as aliaspiders test build from a few pages back had pretty much everything except KoF2003 working on Neogeo (although Azel got one of the clones to work).

neogeo/cps2 testbuilds:
http://buildbot.libretro.com/.aliaspider/ra_test_01_11_2015.7z

can you try some of those games that didn't work before ?

...the changes have probably made it into the most recent nightly, but I've not checked.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: tivu100

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I can't help you there I'm afraid - I've not been testing anything from the existing cores, especially as aliaspiders test build from a few pages back had pretty much everything except KoF2003 working on Neogeo (although Azel got one of the clones to work).

...the changes have probably made it into the most recent nightly, but I've not checked.
Where to find the right PGM.zip? Can you discribe it? Mine doesn‘t work

Last edited by pdapanda,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I check with November 01 nightly and Metal Slug 5 doesn't work there too. Will try with that later.

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you put the pgm bios in with the roms or in the sys folder?
3dsx version, xml'd through youtube, n3ds
View attachment 28825 View attachment 28827 View attachment 28828 View attachment 28829 View attachment 28830 View attachment 28831

?? exactly how did you make the xml work that way?
i may be missing a detail but i've
*placed the retroarch full into the 3ds folder as any other .3dsx app
*made sure i copy/pasted the data into a txt file and renamed it as an .xml with the same name as the .3dsx (from the previous post with the app ids)
*loaded up homebrew browser via iron hax

result: gotten the frozen red screen on the bottom screen and the glitchy fuzzy interface at the top screen.

i was kinda expecting it to ask me if i wanted to load that app using another app in a similar manner as Hans but i must be overlooking something?

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where to find the right PGM.zip? Can you discribe it? Mine doesn‘t work
Untitled-1.png

?? exactly how did you make the xml work that way?
i may be missing a detail but i've
*placed the retroarch full into the 3ds folder as any other .3dsx app
*made sure i copy/pasted the data into a txt file and renamed it as an .xml with the same name as the .3dsx (from the previous post with the app ids)
*loaded up homebrew browser via iron hax

result: gotten the frozen red screen on the bottom screen and the glitchy fuzzy interface at the top screen.

i was kinda expecting it to ask me if i wanted to load that app using another app in a similar manner as Hans but i must be overlooking something?
For my xml I deleted everything except for the one title id for EU youtube.

Try this for choosing a target app:
That's what eShop spoofing is for. :P

If anyone needs to create an XML for this (place it next to the 3dsx with the same file name) the simplest thing to put in it would be the following:
Code:
<targets selectable="true">
</targets>
This will make it run like svdt, i.e. you choose a title to run it under (YouTube and the Monster Hunter 4 Special Demo are the obvious choices right now). A better approach would be to specify a title for it to run under, but those will vary by region and such. Will take a look at making an XML for running under US YouTube/Monster Hunter, but I don't know the title IDs for other regions.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: wangtang32000

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
...Must we bring this up now?
However I cannot speak for myself since I've never had to use PGM myself... ._.
The PGM bios is different from fba 0.29729 romset,you should try it first if you can find it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

View attachment 28860

This one is exactly what I have,so it means this one won't boot orlegend.zip

Reactions: Azel

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 28855 View attachment 28856

View attachment 28857 View attachment 28858

Link?????

HighMans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPSP (latest nightly build) doesn't work now for Crash Bandicoot. Although the sound is very smooth and there is no lag, the game crashes randomly and the audio goes all buggy too.

(Don't know if this matters but, the game crashes with the audio set to disabled as well.)

wangtang32000

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
artstation.com
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 28860

Try this for choosing a target app:

that's weird, i literally did exactly that. but the moment i deleted that .smdh file that i found in this forum, it suddenly does what it should. thank you for helping me understand!

pdapanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Now I know how to play those shooting games.
Turn Setting-Video-Allow rotation off.
set the core input to D-pad do anything(i.e.Dpad left=down+weak attack)
now you can cotrol with your circle pad and Dpad to play.
If we can separate Analog from Dpad,then it would be perfect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo