Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using an SNES emulator. I'm using PCSX-ReArmed and a translation of the PSX Tales of Phantasia. That's why I was so surprised that it plays so well, and why I think that the right settings may be able to squeeze that last little bit needed to get a full-speed PSX game going. I just don't know what most of the settings do specifically, and I'm terrified of breaking something.
Are you using DSP audio driver?

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What "error" is it (i.e. what does it say)? 3dsx, cia, or .3ds?

The error displayed upon loading is "Game (heart symbol) not supported." Using the .3dsx builds.

I recall hearing that using launcher shortcuts is a workaround for this, but honestly, I don't want even more icons on my homebrew launcher screen. :lol:

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like all the retroarch emulators i use freeze when switching games, quicknes, picodrive, genesisplus gx, and gpsp, not just picodrive. Wanted to know if that is normal.

Mental Patient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I load up a game using retroarch I get the following error on the bottom screen:

RetroArch
:: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist.

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While other Genesis games play fine on Genesis Plus GX, I loaded Sonic CD (bin/cue) and it ran like shit. And this is a new 3DS, too.

Picodrive plays it fine, but I don't want to have to deal with constant emulator switching and a slightly stretched screen resolution.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure when you last used it, but four cores have been added in the past couple months: fMSX (MSX emulator), pocketSNES (an ancient version of SNES9x, which gets full speed in pretty much every game on N3DS, minus the SuperFX games, though Yoshi's Island runs very well too), Final Burn Alpha (the entire thing, not just CPS1/CPS2), and MAME 2000 & 2003 (basically really old versions of MAME). FBA and MAME require using Youtube/Monster Hunter/Smash as a host if you're only able to run the .3dsx versions, though.
The "No Cores" problem is fixed?

Do you ever get Cadillac and the Dinosaurs work on N3DS 3dsx version?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Does anyone know about building the sources? I'm looking for the DOSbox source since it appear to run on the 3DS (Since people are running Windows 95 now), but I can't find anything on how to build it for the 3DS.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
When I load up a game using retroarch I get the following error on the bottom screen:

RetroArch
:: cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist.

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

Play with vsync and audio options before starting a game. Try disabling audio first altogether.

If this is only happening with GBA, try another bios, make sure the file is in the right place with the right file name.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I find it depressing that even after all this time, the menu bug is still there.

Can't use any emulator like this. I can't move in the menus. I can quit by pressing HOME and that's it. There's at least 2 or 3 people with the same issue but it always gets drowned in posts. It's kinda breaks the whole experience.

Anyone have any idea of what could be going on? The 11-08-15 works great but anything after that and the bug happens with every core. Tried .cia, 3ds and 3dsx builds with the same result. I even tried installing some cores from November and 1 recent core, same issue. The ones from November work, the ones from December do not.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it depressing that even after all this time, the menu bug is still there.

Can't use any emulator like this. I can't move in the menus. I can quit by pressing HOME and that's it. There's at least 2 or 3 people with the same issue but it always gets drowned in posts. It's kinda breaks the whole experience.

Anyone have any idea of what could be going on? The 11-08-15 works great but anything after that and the bug happens with every core. Tried .cia, 3ds and 3dsx builds with the same result. I even tried installing some cores from November and 1 recent core, same issue. The ones from November work, the ones from December do not.
Makes you wish people made emulators separate from retroarch in case you don't want to use it or have issues with it.

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Makes you wish people made emulators separate from retroarch in case you don't want to use it or have issues with it.

Well yes and no. I understand the portability of libretro, and I like how easy it is to port to different systems compared to other emulators. However I do find it rather annoying, just how problematic it can be at times.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you tried deleting the retroarch configuration file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?