Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Retroarch 3DS is still a big mess as of the latest nightlies. gpSP is still unusable due to the crashing, Nestopia is completely broken, and gambatte's sound is bugged. The SNES, NeoGeo, Genesis, and the other NES emulators are working well at least, but it's a real shame that the devs just decided to disappear again.

Unfortunately that's true and you can add one thing to that list: Gambatte crashes very often if loading save states in the latest nightlies...

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Really hope this has well-optimized cores with the 3DS in mind. Everything so far has been pretty touch-and-go, iirc the current retroarch has had no official testing or development on the 3DS at all.

Brace for disappointment. The last 4 or so "stable" 3DS releases have all had crash-inducing bugs, most notably the gpSP dynarec, which is probably never going to be fixed at this rate. :(

Reactions: MarkDarkness

majoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
OK, I have a n3DS XL with Cubic Ninja. I am on 9.0. I have been running any and all homebrew without issue, except RetroArch keeps dumping me back to the main 3DS menu with "An Error Has Occurred Forcing the Software to Close" message. I have googled and no one else seems to be experiencing this with me?

fhOJw5O.jpg

I am using the latest nightly. I extracted 2015-12-02_RetroArch_3dsx.7z and put all the core folders in the /3ds/ folder, and the /retroarch/filters/ folder in root.

The cores all show up fine in the Homebrew Launcher but again, I get "An Error Has Occured" every time I try to run them. What could be wrong? All other homebrew works just fine. Thanks for any help anyone can give! I am desperate to play some SNES at 60fps!
i have exactly the same problem did you fix it ?
gpsp gives an error right after the 3ds splash screen and forces me to restart the 3ds ps: I put the bios on the right folder and named it correctly and mgba works fine 2. i tried both nightly and stable cias edit : just tried pcsx rearmed same thing crashes right after the 3ds logo edit2: running them through homebrew launcher dosen't work either however with hbl it just show a black screen help please i looked everywhere on the internet
edit3: snes9x works
gambatte works
nestopia works
mgba works
edit : fixed by switching to a9lh

Last edited by majoru,

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really hoping the Prosystem libretro (Atari 7800) and Stella libretro (Atari 2600) cores come to the 3DS branch. THAT, and a good Colecovision emulator with SGM support would make my 3DS complete. :)

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, Genesis GX has an option to enable FM sound for the SMS / MkIII. Best used on an N3DS as it adds some strain to the CPU.

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't checked this in a loooong time since I didn't have homebrew during the time anymore. Have there been any improvements to any cores for O3DS? Looking through the last few pagea it doesn't look like it, and if anything, sounds worse with a bunch of cores being broken in latest nighties if I'm reading correctly.

Last time I checked picodrive played mostly full speed Genesis games for O3DS but a newer nightly broke it. That been fixed? Any others reach full speed like I hope, but doubt, Wonderswan?

How has CPS2 emulation been on O3DS? Puzzle Fighter II playable?

Last edited by SlimPortable,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't checked this in a loooong time since I didn't have homebrew during the time anymore. Have there been any improvements to any cores for O3DS? Looking through the last few pagea it doesn't look like it, and if anything, sounds worse with a bunch of cores being broken in latest nighties if I'm reading correctly.

Last time I checked picodrive played mostly full speed Genesis games for O3DS but a newer nightly broke it. That been fixed? Any others reach full speed like I hope, but doubt, Wonderswan?

nightlies are always broken since its compiled by a machine whether it works or not. I've seen people say to stay on stables for a long time, yet they haven't changed. But 1.4.0 is supposed to come at some point soon so there is that...

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country

Doesn't seem like much of anything has changed in the latest nightlies aside from some new GUI icons. The SNES9x 2005 core was also removed for some reason, probably because it worked too well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...