Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do with firmware.bin once I have it?
FYI, if you're using the firmware.bin just for dynarec with Luma3DS, one of the most current Luma3DS commits did something with the loader it uses that makes this work again, regardless of firm version (meaning you wouldn't need the firmware.bin to fix this).

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
added a crude (but at least functional) keymapper to the dosbox core, set controller type to mapper and change the bindings in core options.
I'm still working on it, so it may all change soon.

Reactions: SLiV3R and sj33

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Over the last couple days I've been testing gpsp to see what crashes (cia version, 1.3.3 stable, 11.0 sysnand using 9.6 FIRM), and I confirmed (at least for me) all the games that crash have config entries in 'game_config.txt', which I couldn't find on my sd card - a quick look through libretro's github shows that it's in the gpsp repo, so maybe it's compiled into the cia directly. Could somebody with the environment already set up (devkitARM, etc.) try building it with an empty config file?

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by GorrillaRIBS,
Reactions: Charganium

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't checked up on the 3DS scene in a while now. Are we at the point where o3DS users should not expect anymore improvement to emulators because all developers moved to N3DS?

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By default, pressing ZL switches between normal PCE gamepad and the six-button PCE gamepad.
Do you know where I can change that? I can't find such an option anywhere, and it looks like Mednafen PCE doesn't support a single core remap (or at least it's not in the Quickmenu, unlike other cores).

I've also noticed gpsp by default map L and R to L/X and R/Y. How can I change that? I wanted to use Y as B (and B as A).

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It does? some people are doing these remaps and they get accepted (I hate them, I'd rather have to remap when I want to do weird stuff)
But... can't fight all battles...

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the last couple days I've been testing gpsp to see what crashes (cia version, 1.3.3 stable, 11.0 sysnand using 9.6 FIRM), and I confirmed (at least for me) all the games that crash have config entries in 'game_config.txt', which I couldn't find on my sd card - a quick look through libretro's github shows that it's in the gpsp repo, so maybe it's compiled into the cia directly. Could somebody with the environment already set up (devkitARM, etc.) try building it with an empty config file?

If this is what is causing the games to crash, I'd love a built cia of 1.3.3 stable as a QR code. A couple weeks ago, I probably could have done it, but my hard drive died, so I can't

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think it's compiled, you should copy it to your system directory.

Checked there specifically, and searched the whole card, but couldn't find it. When I load a game listed in the config on github, I still get the game code & things on the bottom screen, but otherwise (with, say, Mother 3) I get a message saying config_path is /ROMS/gba/game_config.txt, though I can't find the file (hidden or otherwise) in that directory.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sounds interesting... Perhaps one of the devs could check that??

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Checked there specifically, and searched the whole card, but couldn't find it. When I load a game listed in the config on github, I still get the game code & things on the bottom screen, but otherwise (with, say, Mother 3) I get a message saying config_path is /ROMS/gba/game_config.txt, though I can't find the file (hidden or otherwise) in that directory.

So I just tried to check that with my 3DS, but I can't read all of the log on the bottom screen, because it moves so fast after loading a Rom. How did you manage to read it all??

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
T
So I just tried to check that with my 3DS, but I can't read all of the log on the bottom screen, because it moves so fast after loading a Rom. How did you manage to read it all??

Turn off verbosity in the 'logging' settings. Makes the bottom screen look much cleaner.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, so I do not have that line you had about game_config.txt. For me it says "found entry in over ini file". Tested it with Super Mario Advance 4. I do have game_config.txt in my rom directory. Crashes are aappening for me nonetheless, so it seems to not be happening because of a missing game_config.txt...

D

Deleted User

Thanks, so I do not have that line you had about game_config.txt. For me it says "found entry in over ini file". Tested it with Super Mario Advance 4. I do have game_config.txt in my rom directory. Crashes are aappening for me nonetheless, so it seems to not be happening because of a missing game_config.txt...

I tried as well, however crashes happened even more quickly than usual. Is anyone actively developing gpsp anymore? Is there anyone we can talk to or are we just SOL?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The completely irritating thing about gpsp is I've had the emulator run for at least 10-20 minutes without crashing, yet if I close out and re-run the emulator with the same game, it crashes almost immediately.

GorrillaRIBS

Gigyas became tame
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried as well, however crashes happened even more quickly than usual. Is anyone actively developing gpsp anymore? Is there anyone we can talk to or are we just SOL?

I might not have been clear, but I meant the crashes might be coming from the presence of config entries, not the lack thereof. The more frequent crashes might be from the version of aurei/luma you're using - you should use the latest hourly build if you have NTR FIRM (I got crashes with that build, updated to the latest hourly and it's fine).

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I might not have been clear, but I meant the crashes might be coming from the presence of config entries, not the lack thereof. The more frequent crashes might be from the version of aurei/luma you're using - you should use the latest hourly build if you have NTR FIRM (I got crashes with that build, updated to the latest hourly and it's fine).

Ah okay, I misunderstood you. So I'm going to delete game_config.txt and try it out. But if there are hardcoded configs in retroarch itself, we indeed need someone to compile a version without these entries.
I am using GW emuNAND, so I can't say anything about NTR FIRM...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IXlMFWPzjH4?si=g3HamowQcr950zrt lmao IT CHANGED MY LIFE