Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can download payloads from the *hax site.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Scroll down to 'Otherapp/ropbin payloads', choose your firmware and click 'download otherapp. Rename the file to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-2-0-20-EUR.bin and put it in the root of your SD.

Edit - Beaten to it.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can download payloads from the *hax site.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Scroll down to 'Otherapp/ropbin payloads', choose your firmware and click 'download otherapp. Rename the file to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-9-2-0-20-EUR.bin and put it in the root of your SD.

Edit - Beaten to it.
LOL. Yeah, hate it when that happens. You get the responce in your head but someone else beats you to it.
AWESOME!!!!! This is what it should be. Finally a CIA to Load up .3dsx Files :D

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only so much that can be done without essentually having to work on the original cores themselves.
Still need to figure out how to get RA on my Vita. Have all the necessary Files for Rejuvenate and the right FW, but I cant transfer anything. How exactly does the Vita have to be connected to the PC? Via WiFi/Router, USB or Both????? Vita is just collecting dust. My N3DS gets more action.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wouldn't bother if it's just for RA because all the Vita cores run significantly slower than the same cores on the New 3DS.

You can connect over wifi using the Unity version, which is much easier.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't bother if it's just for RA because all the Vita cores run significantly slower than the same cores on the New 3DS.

You can connect over wifi using the Unity version, which is much easier.
OK, will try it later. Havent been keeping up with the Vita Scene lately since you cant really do anything with it yet. Not like the 3DS/N3DS.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Vita scene is as dead as a doornail. Even Retroarch on the Vita hasn't really progressed since release.

The most significant new development for the Vita is VitaShell, which allows you to load apps from the Vita memory card once you've transferred VitaShell itself from your PC. Nice because you can keep your Vita in sleep mode and only have to transfer VitaShell again when you power on from cold.

Reactions: SLiV3R

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The Vita scene is dead.
The 3DS scene is sleeping.
But oh well, the 3DS scene got woken up and rescued by RetroArch :)

(If you don't agree with my statement about the 3DS scene. Compared to the NDS, Wii or psp, the 3DS scene is really sleepy)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita scene is dead.
The 3DS scene is sleeping.
But oh well, the 3DS scene got woken up and rescued by RetroArch :)

(If you don't agree with my statement about the 3DS scene. Compared to the NDS, Wii or psp, the 3DS scene is really sleepy)
Yeah, Im guessing Devs are focusing on Android, iOS or PC. But there is lots of potential for the 3DS/Vita

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Yeah, Im guessing Devs are focusing on Android, iOS or PC. But there is lots of potential for the 3DS/Vita

Yup. So true.

Sometimes I wish the activity in the 3ds scene was something like in the NDS scene. But as you said, most people are somewhere else nowadays.

Just look at the action in the NDS scene ->

http://gamebrew.org/wiki/List_of_DS_homebrew_applications

:)

From that list we can clearly see that the 3DS scene is something like 1-5 % of the NDS scene....

Last edited by SLiV3R,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The 3DS scene is more active than I ever expected it to be, to be fair. We're quite late into the 'second generation' of the scene, which began with the 9.9 exploit. We probably do need another spike like that.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS scene is more active than I ever expected it to be, to be fair. We're quite late into the 'second generation' of the scene, which began with the 9.9 exploit. We probably do need another spike like that.

You have it, or will have it soon: ARM9LoaderHax, once more and more people switch to it. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
  • wiihackZlol @ wiihackZlol:
    hey anyone here?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wii experts at your service we can Abracadaba anything made by Nintendo for your piracy needs
    +1
    Now your playing with power!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guys five unmarked black vans with red letters just pulled up at my house :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ancientboi called FBI on you. You better flush your stash.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, been lazy. Been inside playing games for last few days, too hot outside, was 97 degrees F today. It was so hot outside, I seen a dog chasing a cat, and they both were walking.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fallout4, pubg, Starfield, Forza, Still wakes the Deep, just to name a few
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's just ancientboi left me his laptop
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Who are/ were they?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some Nintendo execs wanted to give him a promotion
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    party van
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: party van