Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
well, an stupid honest mistake by yours truly
for non-static platforms I can remove the cores once they build, it saves us space, bandwidth and time, so I guess when I updated the buildbot scripts I copied the rule that cleans up old cores from the tree and it was never re-linking the cores with a newer retroarch.

So, for the last two/three weeks , only cores that were truly updated were linked against a current retroarch.
Apologies

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well, an stupid honest mistake by yours truly
for non-static platforms I can remove the cores once they build, it saves us space, bandwidth and time, so I guess when I updated the buildbot scripts I copied the rule that cleans up old cores from the tree and it was never re-linking the cores with a newer retroarch.

So, for the last two/three weeks , only cores that were truly updated were linked against a current retroarch.
Apologies
No worries.
What matters is that the problem has been debugged and hopefully fixed. :P

Someone could shed some light on the performance of the latest CIA builds?

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Should I use the stable build (cia)for Catsfc? I got a new 3ds xl. I installed the latest nightly build and it seems to work fine except for a few sound hiccups.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Mame on Phoenix.

Using Mame 2000, the game appears to work. However, the aspect ratio doesn't make sense or work properly. It claims that aspect ratio is 2:2 (1:1 PAR). This would only make sense if Phoenix had square pixels *and* the same vertical and horizontal resolution, which it doesn't. If you turn off integer scale and HW bilinear filtering, you can see that it is clearly stretching the game horizontally and not actually using either 1:1 PAR (look at the row of zeroes at the top of the score) or 2:2 DAR. I wonder if the fact that Phoenix's vertical resolution is slightly larger than the 3DS's screen is confusing Mame.

Furthermore, rotation of 90 or 270 degrees mirrors it--it doesn't rotate it.

Using Mame 2003, Phoenix is rotated and *can't be unrotated*. Furthermore, it starts out mirrored as well. It claims that aspect ratio is 26:31 (1:1 PAR) but it is obviously using neither 26:31 DAR nor 1:1 PAR.

Also, are we ever going to be able to use 3D on the 3D Master System and Famicom games?

Last edited by Jiro2,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use the stable build (cia)for Catsfc? I got a new 3ds xl. I installed the latest nightly build and it seems to work fine except for a few sound hiccups.
It's up to you. Nightlies are bleeding edge. You might get better performance out of them, or they might just completely shit themselves. The stable release does have minor issues, but they're well known and manageable. Would you rather have reliable stability or take a chance on possible small performance boost at the cost of reliability?

NEO117

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
User Error? How so? What is preventing the Controls from working on the Later Builds that doesnt affect the older one?

^I'm going to bump this guy's question right here because I have the very same issue.

The last .cia builds to work for me were the 2015-11-08 ones. Everything afterwards doesn't work at all. I can't do anything in the menu, even with a fresh install.

Pray, somebody shed some light on this matter! It's been months and we only get 1 or 2 replies (that never solve the issue, but thanks to everyone who tried) and then bam! sea of other stuff and our comments get drowned out.

And to Smoker1. Use the 3dsx builds for now. Those work.

Reactions: Smoker1

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's up to you. Nightlies are bleeding edge. You might get better performance out of them, or they might just completely shit themselves. The stable release does have minor issues, but they're well known and manageable. Would you rather have reliable stability or take a chance on possible small performance boost at the cost of reliability?

I tried the stable release, and it´s pretty much the same, so I'll stick with the stable one until there´s an undeniably great ninghtly!

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I'm going to bump this guy's question right here because I have the very same issue.

The last .cia builds to work for me were the 2015-11-08 ones. Everything afterwards doesn't work at all. I can't do anything in the menu, even with a fresh install.

Pray, somebody shed some light on this matter! It's been months and we only get 1 or 2 replies (that never solve the issue, but thanks to everyone who tried) and then bam! sea of other stuff and our comments get drowned out.

And to Smoker1. Use the 3dsx builds for now. Those work.
Exactly. Still wondering what the User Error is.
Grabbed the Latest Build. 3DS Version has the same problem. Cant do anything
3DSX Version does work. Thank you. Just wish the CIA Versions would get fixed for GW. Also tried Loading the 3DSX via GW Card. Acted like it wanted to Load it but nothing even though GW is supposed to support it.
Hate using Homebrew Loader. Using IronHax but it is hit and miss trying to execute it

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Smoker1,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should automatically download the payload. v1.1 will also save it to the SD card by default.
I dont use the Internet in order to prevent any Updater Nags or any other unseen problems. If I cant find it, will have no choice I guess but to try and see. Why cant they Post them? Just a Payload

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I dont use the Internet in order to prevent any Updater Nags or any other unseen problems. If I cant find it, will have no choice I guess but to try and see. Why cant they Post them? Just a Payload

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Use the dropdowns to select your firmware, download the otherapp payload, then rename it to the one you typed in your post.

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...