Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to post this because it's bugging the people here big time. When you use the Retro arch version with the SNES next fix, the switching of cores crashes the system. However if you use the one before the snes next fix you can change cores without it freezing, this is why I had to downgrade from V0.9.7.2 to V0.9.7.1 and had NO problems with switching cores within retro arch.

Recnal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just in case I'm not the last person on the planet to finally get Neo Geo games working in RetroArch this is a heads up. My original Neogeo bios zip had 23 files in it, downloaded another with 25 files and then another with 27 files and still my neogeo games wouldn't work even though the last one was apparently the correct size at 1.4 mb. Downloaded another bios which had 28 files in it and finally I was able to appreciate how good this emulator is as up to this point the only game I had got working was 3wonders !.
If you have any of the 5 following files missing from your Neogeo bios it's unlikely to work in Retroarch : Japan-j3.bin, neodebug.bin, neo-epo.bin, neopen.sp1, neo-po.bin. I haven't posted the link as it's probably against the rules but if you search for " Metal Slug on Retroarch Wii" on Youtube that should give you what you need.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
OK first off let me say fantastic emulator. Second is there any work being done so this will run games bigger then 23mb? Last blade 1&2 shock troopers 2 mark of the wolves and a couple others would be fantastic to play on a hdtv. Im only asking because the psp is a much weaker system then the wii and it has perfectly working cps1 cps2 and neo geo emulators that launch the big games as well. I understand that there was a large amount of optimization required to get it to work so well on the psp surely the same could be done for retroarch on wii? I am not a expert so please dont attack me neither am i ungrateful for what we have now i am just wondering if it is being looked at as a possibility.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK first off let me say fantastic emulator. Second is there any work being done so this will run games bigger then 23mb? Last blade 1&2 shock troopers 2 mark of the wolves and a couple others would be fantastic to play on a hdtv. Im only asking because the psp is a much weaker system then the wii and it has perfectly working cps1 cps2 and neo geo emulators that launch the big games as well. I understand that there was a large amount of optimization required to get it to work so well on the psp surely the same could be done for retroarch on wii? I am not a expert so please dont attack me neither am i ungrateful for what we have now i am just wondering if it is being looked at as a possibility.

Why shouldnt someone attack you? You did not read the thread and made another worthless posts that doesnt do anything but complain about something already discussed at length. The devs said they have some ideas about bigger file size games. Thats it. Asking about it will not change a thing.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just so you know, lastblade 1 and 2, as well as shock troopers 2 have all been released for wii's virtual console recently in japan. last blade 1 has had a US release recently as well. so you could buy them for the wii if you wanted(or download the .wad files). Additionally you can use the wii neogeocd emulator "NeoCD-WII" to play last blade 1-2. Unfortuantely theres still no way to play games like Garou Mark of the Wolves, or SNK vs Capcom, etc.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why shouldnt someone attack you? You did not read the thread and made another worthless posts that doesnt do anything but complain about something already discussed at length. The devs said they have some ideas about bigger file size games. Thats it. Asking about it will not change a thing.
You sir are a jackass. I was not complaining im simply asking if its being looked at. Its really a yes or no answer.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just so you know, lastblade 1 and 2, as well as shock troopers 2 have all been released for wii's virtual console recently in japan. last blade 1 has had a US release recently as well. so you could buy them for the wii if you wanted(or download the .wad files). Additionally you can use the wii neogeocd emulator "NeoCD-WII" to play last blade 1-2. Unfortuantely theres still no way to play games like Garou Mark of the Wolves, or SNK vs Capcom, etc.
I didnt even realize last blade was out in the US thanks dude BTW neocd works but theres no classic pro analog support and i cant play fighting games with a dpad :( o well ill wait it out

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ahem, CanuckBuck, you ask a question twice in the Neogeo cd thread and I already answered there.
But yes, we all want to play snk vs capcom, the devs know about it.

FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahem, CanuckBuck, you ask a question twice in the Neogeo cd thread and I already answered there.
But yes, we all want to play snk vs capcom, the devs know about it.

If you have an arcade stick like TvsC the arcade does work in the emulator since you can adjust if it uses the dpad or analogue stick. Plus it's a lot more ideal to use since it's just like a real neogeo controller.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The TvsC stick is great but it doesn't look like the original NeoGeo AES stick at all. You're right about the dpad switch on this stick, it's very convenient.
His initial question was about lastblade and the lack of CC pro in neocd.
SNK vs CAPCOM was never released on cd. Maybe it will be possible in retroarch or as a VC game (yeah very doubtful!).

FullMetalEngineer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The TvsC stick is great but it doesn't look like the original NeoGeo AES stick at all. You're right about the dpad switch on this stick, it's very convenient.
SNK vs CAPCOM was never released on cd. Maybe it will be possible in retroarch or as a VC game (yeah very doubtful!).

yeah I know, but that arcade stick option is a helpful alternative. Anyway you can play SNK vs Capcom from Gamecube for now.

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have Retroarch use different configurations? I want to have multiple setups that boot into each core separably? ie one folder of retroarch uses the snes core exclusively, another folder that uses the genesis...so on and so forth.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It' not the same game for the GC, it's Capcom vs. SNK2.
SNK vs. Capcom is only for NeoGeo aes and mvs.

hahaha yea. it woulda been cool if the game had gotten ported to gamecube... but unfortunately they never ported it to anything at all... which is kinda odd.

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was ported to PS2 and Xbox.

The PS2 port was a JP and PAL only though. Only the Xbox version made it to the states.

No offense intended, but why is everyone dying to play SVC Chaos? It's arguably the worst of the 3 SNK vs Capcom titles, and there is a reason it's rarely played in tourneys anymore. It simply wasn't very good from a gameplay standpoint, imo. I'd MUCH rather see Matrimelee and Rage of the Dragons.

Reactions: MassiveRican

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
way, way cool. finally i can play some cave games on my wii. i thought i'd never see the day and need a second system.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

SNK actually did release a Neo-Geo classic controller arcade stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1