Not open for further replies.

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
FIX94, on 02 October 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

OK thanks, if that takes a while I'll just include my self compiled dols into the next plugin pack for wiiflow :)

Please FIX94 post your compiled cores its very helpfull, and if you dont can post, you can tell us which cores are compiled (if you want compiled wii mednafen other cores is a big deal)

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried loading NeoGeo games today, but all my games get the "an error occurred during rom loading" message. I set the core (obviously) and even tried putting a neogeo.zip bios file in my roms folder, no luck at all. Am I missing something?

edit: Also, is USB support going to be extended? mine doesnt work but it works for example with Wii games or WiiMC...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried loading NeoGeo games today, but all my games get the "an error occurred during rom loading" message. I set the core (obviously) and even tried putting a neogeo.zip bios file in my roms folder, no luck at all. Am I missing something?

Make sure you're using roms that run on version 0.2.97.26 of FBA, especially the neogeo bios (which is required in the folder by the way) - google is your friend as per usual there!

Wolfsclaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I downloaded the Windows version of that FBA version and indeed the roms won't show up. That is weird - why would they not work? How am I supposed to find the right versions, and yes I tried google? I dont know how everybody else doesn't seem to get any problems with this...
Oh, and yes, the bios should be right, tried two of them. BTW only game i get running is spf2t.zip (super puzzle fighter 2) , but that one works with the CPS1 core.

edit: on another note, are .fba cache files supported as a last resort?

edit2: I'm wildly guessing it's my ROMs. Yet I cant find anywhere a documentation of the file structure that FBA expects. Is there any out there or any other hints on which filenames inside those zips are compatible?

edit3: thanks to some help, I got it figured out. If anyone's experiencing similar problems: Make sure the neogeo.zip is 1.404 KBytes big AND make sure the ROMs are inside named something like 214-c1.c1 , NOT any other structure like rom-c1 or kof96-c1 etc., also make sure they are not .bin files.

Now all it needs is a turbo-button mode :)

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
...Make sure the neogeo.zip is 1.404 KBytes big AND make sure the ROMs are inside named something like 214-c1.c1 , NOT any other structure like rom-c1 or kof96-c1 etc., also make sure they are not .bin files....

Thanks for the bios tip (i'd tried a bunch of versions already with no luck). That really helped, I finally got my NeoGeo games runnin' on RetroArch=)

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the bios roms inside a single zip in my roms folder is this correct, should it be unzipped? in a different location?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RetroArch is a good emulator :yaywii:

for me,
just lacking compared to mame
this is the "dip switches" in the menu
to choose: coin, lives, difficulty,...

up :)

"To go to the Service Menu of games (ie. a F3 key press), press and hold START + SELECT + L + R."

try reading the readme sometime.

Reactions: 1 person

terpsfan101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seam,

DIP switch support is still necessary for arcade games that can't have their options changed through the service menu. For instance, in Super Street Fighter II, you can adjust the CPU difficulty through the service menu. In Street Fighter II Turbo, difficulty can only be changed through the DIP switches.

FullMetalEnginee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone know if the emulator can start from a default directory path or save the last one accessed? It's tedious traversing the directories to get to USB:/retroarch/system everytime I startup the emulator to reach my roms. Am I missing something?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
IIRC, it doesn't support arguments yet, so no folder or control options are saved yet.
HOWEVER, you can have your roms in an appropriately named folder and they be quickly accessed.

For example, i have fba and neo geo games in a folder called =ARCADE= and SNES in a folder called =SNES= and GBA, GBC, TG16 CD etc in subfolders in=RETRO=.
This way, they are at the top of the file browser list AND when i want to use SNES9XGX, GenPlusGX and mednafen, they auto load them from there,after i configured those three emus.

That's just me though, i use RA for fba and TGCD and some SNES. You can experiment renaming and folder structure, based on what emus you use for each retro console.

After the performance enhancement and compatibility improvement of course, arguments and memory leakage fix in order to prevent stack dumps are the only things to perfectionize this great emu

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC, it doesn't support arguments yet, so no folder or control options are saved yet.
HOWEVER, you can have your roms in an appropriately named folder and they be quickly accessed.

For example, i have fba and neo geo games in a folder called =ARCADE= and SNES in a folder called =SNES= and GBA, GBC, TG16 CD etc in subfolders in=RETRO=.
This way, they are at the top of the file browser list AND when i want to use SNES9XGX, GenPlusGX and mednafen, they auto load them from there,after i configured those three emus.

That's just me though, i use RA for fba and TGCD and some SNES. You can experiment renaming and folder structure, based on what emus you use for each retro console.

After the performance enhancement and compatibility improvement of course, arguments and memory leakage fix in order to prevent stack dumps are the only things to perfectionize this great emu

The memory leaks most of the time is the fault of the emulator cores themselves - it just gets 'masked over' when those emus run on PC because they don't load ROMs in a re-entrant fashion as we're forced to do on consoles.

I'm trying to cooperate as much with the real emulator authors as possible and try to get the libretro port pushed upstream and to fix core issues that might not have crossed the mind of the original developers previously because the only platform was PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay