Retro arch / FBA 2012 compatibility list

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Anybody knows what is the compatibility list of this core for FBA on Retroarch Wii? outside of the CPS1/2 and NeoGeo games?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The FBA core for RetroArch Wii is too big for the system. So it got split in 5:

CPS1
CPS2
CPS3
FBA
NEOGEO

CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and NEOGEO are self explanatory. FBA by itself can load some Capcom roms that CPS1 and CPS2 won't.
MAME can load some NEOGEO roms that NEOGEO core won't.

MAME2003 can load some roms that FBA can load.

There's not a "definitive" compatibility list because compatibility is all over the place with these cores unless you're strictly using MAME2003 PLUS.

That said, if it works, I have my own FBA compatibility list and I'll attach it as a downloadable TXT file, so open with Notepad.

NOTE: Named it "Incomplete" because FBA can load certain CPS1, CPS2, MAME2000 and MAME2003 PLLUS roms. But those cores do a better job than FBA, which is why the list is so small.

Attachments

• Incomplete FBA.txt
    952 bytes · Views: 21

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The FBA core for RetroArch Wii is too big for the system. So it got split in 5:

CPS1
CPS2
CPS3
FBA
NEOGEO

CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 and NEOGEO are self explanatory. FBA by itself can load some Capcom roms that CPS1 and CPS2 won't.
MAME can load some NEOGEO roms that NEOGEO core won't.

MAME2003 can load some roms that FBA can load.

There's not a "definitive" compatibility list because compatibility is all over the place with these cores unless you're strictly using MAME2003 PLUS.

That said, if it works, I have my own FBA compatibility list and I'll attach it as a downloadable TXT file, so open with Notepad.

NOTE: Named it "Incomplete" because FBA can load certain CPS1, CPS2, MAME2000 and MAME2003 PLLUS roms. But those cores do a better job than FBA, which is why the list is so small.
Thank you so much for this.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Generally, almost everything that can fit in the Wii's memory footprint runs perfectly in FBA, the big issue is once you get to the things that don't fit into it's memory footprint like CPS3. The games that used a lot of sprite scaling for some reason also run completely awful in FBA such as outrun whereas in MAME they run far better.

Reactions: SaulFabre

MeXen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Generally, almost everything that can fit in the Wii's memory footprint runs perfectly in FBA, the big issue is once you get to the things that don't fit into it's memory footprint like CPS3. The games that used a lot of sprite scaling for some reason also run completely awful in FBA such as outrun whereas in MAME they run far better.
Then tell me something, why a game like Joe & Mac (CavemanNinja) runs like ass? or Xmen when the game plays fine but all samples sound pitch down to monster deep voices and of course that half the music's sintruments dont play or play too dim, which was an issue with emulating this game, same with The Simpsons music playing at slower speed/tempo then in the arcades.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Then tell me something, why a game like Joe & Mac (CavemanNinja) runs like ass? or Xmen when the game plays fine but all samples sound pitch down to monster deep voices and of course that half the music's sintruments dont play or play too dim, which was an issue with emulating this game, same with The Simpsons music playing at slower speed/tempo then in the arcades.
Konami's X-Men i think it runs fine in the custom MAME 2003 core made for that game.
It should be included in an old version of RA-HEXAeco. Time ago i archived it, but i dont have the link at the moment.
I'll edit this post for include the link later.

EDIT: Here's the link with my folder where i store old RA-HEXAeco releases https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1aqh6plc1cifd/RA-HEXAECO_SuperrSonic_archives

mame+0.139u1
Sorry but the current MAME ports to Wii only run romsets from MAME 2003 Plus (Wiimpathy's MAME 2003 Plus cores), MAME 2000 (RA Wii), MAME 2003 (0.78) and MAME 0.134u4/0.139u1 (MAME Wii).
Beyond those versions, they aren't loadable/playable on Wii.

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: MeXen

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have my own Compatibility Lists with MAME2003 Plus and it includes Joe&Mac/Caveman Ninja.
Just say yes and I'll upload them as .txt files.

In my experience, some of my favourite Arcade games (Bomberman World, Caveman Ninja, Prehistoric Isle, Snow Brothers 2 and Toki) runs moderately fine in FBA and MAME2000 (with the exception of Bomberman World) and all my previous tests indicates that some versions of RetroArch has different issues with roms in different RA versions (sometimes they work, sometimes they don't).

When I asked you what kind of games you were trying to play, I meant the name of the game, not the romset.

So if all you want is Joe&Mac/Caveman Ninja/cninja.zip to load in RetroArch, use Mame2003 Core D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo