Question Restoring Nintendo folder to EmuMMC

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Rhaven, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Rhaven
    OP

Rhaven Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2019
    Philippines
    Need some clarification regarding about this. I'm using cfw(sysnand) for quite sometime, now I switch to emummc so I can boot into my clean nand. I want my games transfer to emummc using the Nintendo folder I've backup before creating emummc but when I booted up in cfw(emummc) I can't see any of my installed games before. I put the Nintendo folder to emummc/RAW1/. Do I need to reinstall all my games to new emummc? Does the Nintendo folder backup won't work because cfw(sysnand) and cfw(emummc) are different is such way?

2. torekiki

torekiki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2016
    Italy
    You can only see games installed in the nand you used as emunand.

3. bell1-1010

bell1-1010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    Italy
    Emerald Isle of Erin
    Not really sure if this answers your question, but sysnand and emummc as far as I understand work similarly two different operative systems on two different hdds that don't communicate between them.
    I'm pretty sure you should reinstall the games from scratch.

just a question out of curiosity:
    Is there any reason/benefit to have a cfw on the sysnand?

I'm asking because I assumed that the OFW should have been left untouched on the Sysnand and then use CFW with the emummc.

4. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Emunand or emuMMC is am exact copy of your sysnand. Try following this guide

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

The only benefit of using sysnand as CFW is the extra 32GB you need on your SD to use emunand.

You use sysnand clean to play your originals and online gaming and use emunand to all the shitti stuff

Last edited by jajamundo, Aug 20, 2019
    bell1-1010 likes this.
  5. ber71

ber71 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2019
    Spain
    If you don't care about bans, Sysnand is faster