Homebrew Question RESTORE PRODINFO

Flocki1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you deleted the backup made by Icognito located in the root of your SD card? If you do not have a backup of your nand there is no chance to bring it back!

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can you accidentally delete a whole partition of your NAND ?
If by "prodinfo" you mean the backup file, then you're screwed, sorry. If you still have the backup file, then simply use incognito homebrew to restore. Or either use NxNandManager to restore from your PC (you'll need your bis keys).

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can you accidentally delete a whole partition of your NAND ?
If by "prodinfo" you mean the backup file, then you're screwed, sorry. If you still have the backup file, then simply use incognito homebrew to restore. Or either use NxNandManager to restore from your PC (you'll need your bis keys).
Where is the backup file? If it is in the Micro SD (excluding the Nintendo folder) i deleted it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using emuNAND (emuMMC)?
I'm using sx os

So you deleted the backup made by Icognito located in the root of your SD card? If you do not have a backup of your nand there is no chance to bring it back!
Yes I think, I deleted all the folders excluding "Nintendo" folder..

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the atmosphere folder I found a file named "XAW00000000000_PRODINFO"... Does it deal fith the file that i want to restore?

fuck

But.. wait... I still have the serial in the part below of the console and in the box... Can i restore the serial by inserting it manually? There must be a solution..

Flocki1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In the root of your SD card must be a file called "prodinfo.bin" - that's the backup automatically created by Icognito. If you deleted that one and if you don't have a backup of your NAND, there is no chance to bring these information back.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Where is the backup file? If it is in the Micro SD (excluding the Nintendo folder) i deleted it.

I'm using sx os

Yes I think, I deleted all the folders excluding "Nintendo" folder..
That doesn't answer my question. But I'm gonna assume no.
If you were using emuNAND, it wouldn't matter since you would still have your original PRODINFO on sysNAND.

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the root of your SD card must be a file called "prodinfo.bin" - that's the backup automatically created by Icognito. If you deleted that one and if you don't have a backup of your NAND, there is no chance to bring these information back.
And there's no chance to create a new prodinfo.bin file? I have the serial number...

That doesn't answer my question. But I'm gonna assume no.
If you were using emuNAND, it wouldn't matter since you would still have your original PRODINFO on sysNAND.
I don't think I'm using emuNAND

Flocki1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well maybe there is a tiny little chance - as far as I know, the latest Atmosphere is automatically backing up the prodinfo.bin on each boot. Is there maybe a folder called "/atmosphere/automatic_backups/" on your SD Card? Or can you search for a file called "prodinfo.bin" on your whole SD Card?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need one of the following:
  1. A NAND backup from before using Incognito
  2. A prodinfo backup from when you installed Incognito
  3. A prodinfo backup from Atmosphere made before installing Incognito
If you have none of these things, you are screwed. If you had one or more of these things on your SD card or computer's hard drive but deleted them, you might want to use a recovery program to un-delete the file, but this step should be done sooner rather than later before it gets overwritten in the free space of either device.

Reactions: ELY_M and Mythical

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
..Ook champ, so I can't restore that..
Other than the serial, Incognito changes a bunch of things:
erase(0x0AE0, 0x800); // client cert
erase(0x3AE0, 0x130); // private key
erase(0x35E1, 0x006); // deviceId
erase(0x36E1, 0x006); // deviceId
erase(0x02B0, 0x180); // device cert
erase(0x3D70, 0x240); // device cert
erase(0x3FC0, 0x240); // device key

At least some of these (likely all of them) are required for online functionality, and they aren't stored anywhere else in the system AFAIK. That's kind of the point of Incognito, if it didn't erase everything used for online identification it wouldn't be doing its job.
In theory it is possible to use certs etc. from another console to spoof that console to go online, but there's no way to make that work on current CFW.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well maybe there is a tiny little chance - as far as I know, the latest Atmosphere is automatically backing up the prodinfo.bin on each boot. Is there maybe a folder called "/atmosphere/automatic_backups/" on your SD Card? Or can you search for a file called "prodinfo.bin" on your whole SD Card?
Yeah, there is, but it saved the serial that I have now (0000...) because a few days ago I deleted all the files excluding Nintendo...

You need one of the following:
  1. A NAND backup from before using Incognito
  2. A prodinfo backup from when you installed Incognito
  3. A prodinfo backup from Atmosphere made before installing Incognito
If you have none of these things, you are screwed. If you had one or more of these things on your SD card or computer's hard drive but deleted them, you might want to use a recovery program to un-delete the file, but this step should be done sooner rather than later before it gets overwritten in the free space of either device.
I think I don't have any of these things.. I am completely stupid

Ok, I understood that I can't do nothing... THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.

Flocki1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try to recover the deleted files? There are some tools in the internet which can maybe bring back your data -> (Wondershare Data Recovery (Recoverit)

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, there is, but it saved the serial that I have now (0000...) because a few days ago I deleted all the files excluding Nintendo...

I think I don't have any of these things.. I am completely stupid

Ok, I understood that I can't do nothing... THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.

Atmosphere backs up PRODINFO.

Maybe Atmos backed it up?

NEVER EVER use incognito on a sysnand.

Your only hope would be to eject the card and use a data recovery package.

In theory, you can use a donor certificate and associated stuff. You would just need to regenerate any checksums etc...

But this is beyond the scope of this thread. It is something I am playing with when I get the time.

But the solution is try and "undelete" it using something like this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...freeware.htm&usg=AOvVaw1NaFUFJKysgb484WtXn-dy

If going down this route, STOP USING YOUR SD NOW. EJECT IT. DONT WRITE TO IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED RECOVERY.

Reactions: Lacius and Tumoche

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl