Homebrew Question RESTORE PRODINFO

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
At least some of these (likely all of them) are required for online functionality, and they aren't stored anywhere else in the system AFAIK. That's kind of the point of Incognito, if it didn't erase everything used for online identification it wouldn't be doing its job.
In theory it is possible to use certs etc. from another console to spoof that console to go online, but there's no way to make that work on current CFW.
Serial Number and device id can be retrieved from play reports or journal/creport in SYSTEM partition (not on "never used" console obviously). But I think certs are only stored in CAL0.
And yes, I think it's possible to restore certs from another console but you'll have to recalculate the SHA256 hash for the new cert (and cal0 data hash)

Last edited by eliboa,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Serial Number and device id can be retrieved from play reports or journal/creport in SYSTEM partition (not on "never used" console obviously). But I think certs are only stored in CAL0.
And yes, I think it's possible to restore certs from another console but you'll have to recalculate the SHA256 hash for the new cert (and cal0 data hash)
The code for calculating the hashes is in Incognito so that part is easy. But I have a feeling there's more to it than that.

Reactions: eliboa

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Atmosphere backs up PRODINFO.

Maybe Atmos backed it up?

NEVER EVER use incognito on a sysnand.

Your only hope would be to eject the card and use a data recovery package.

In theory, you can use a donor certificate and associated stuff. You would just need to regenerate any checksums etc...

But this is beyond the scope of this thread. It is something I am playing with when I get the time.

But the solution is try and "undelete" it using something like this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiAgvGx65PkAhU4UxUIHcpJDnoQFjACegQIDBAH&url=https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/sd-card-recovery-freeware.htm&usg=AOvVaw1NaFUFJKysgb484WtXn-dy

If going down this route, STOP USING YOUR SD NOW. EJECT IT. DONT WRITE TO IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED RECOVERY.
I will try to do that, thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So... What do I have to do?

Atmosphere backs up PRODINFO.

Maybe Atmos backed it up?

NEVER EVER use incognito on a sysnand.

Your only hope would be to eject the card and use a data recovery package.

In theory, you can use a donor certificate and associated stuff. You would just need to regenerate any checksums etc...

But this is beyond the scope of this thread. It is something I am playing with when I get the time.

But the solution is try and "undelete" it using something like this:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiAgvGx65PkAhU4UxUIHcpJDnoQFjACegQIDBAH&url=https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/sd-card-recovery-freeware.htm&usg=AOvVaw1NaFUFJKysgb484WtXn-dy

If going down this route, STOP USING YOUR SD NOW. EJECT IT. DONT WRITE TO IT AGAIN UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED RECOVERY.
I tried, but the program hasn't found the file that I was searching. Thanks anyway.

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So... What do I have to do?
You can't do anything. Even if you could retrieve S/N & device id from journal, you'll still need a new client cert and the only way to get one is to extract it from another console. Basically, if you loose your prodinfo backup, you're screwed. You need a new Switch to play online (and keep the old one for CFW). You should have made a NAND backup before using a CFW, everybody should.

The code for calculating the hashes is in Incognito so that part is easy. But I have a feeling there's more to it than that.
Yeah me too..

Reactions: ELY_M

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks everyone. I think I will buy a Nintendo Switch Lite for play online and I'll take anyway the "old" switch for play offline games.

Reactions: ELY_M

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So... If I have a friend that doesn't want to play online I can take his prodinfo file?
You will not be able to restore the whole partition from another console's prodinfo. I tried, it doesn't work.
It may work if you only restore some parts of CAL0 such as client cert, device id,... but I didn't try. Maybe it will work with incognito's restore feature becauseit does partial restore and it regenerates hashes.

intellettuanale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You will not be able to restore the whole partition from another console's prodinfo. I tried, it doesn't work.
It may work if you only restore some parts of CAL0 such as client cert, device id,... but I didn't try. Maybe it will work with incognito's restore feature becauseit does partial restore and it regenerates hashes.
So, is not possible to unban a console with a prodinfo from another one, right?

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, is not possible to unban a console with a prodinfo from another one, right?
This is not what i'm saying. You can't restore the entire PRODINFO partition from another console. I tried to do it, it doesn't work.
What I did was :
- dump then decrypt PRODINFO from console A
- encrypt it using bis keys from console B
- restore PRODINFO to console B

BUT you may be able to unban a console by restoring only some parts of PRODINFO/CAL0 (not the whole partition), basically by replacing the client cert (at least). This is theoretical, i didn't try.

Last edited by eliboa,
Reactions: intellettuanale

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just installed Photorec. Now I'm trying to restore the file using this program. I'm pretty sure that it will work because it's restoring very old files..

Reactions: gjimenezf

gjimenezf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just installed Photorec. Now I'm trying to restore the file using this program. I'm pretty sure that it will work because it's restoring very old files..
Try to restore the atmosphere folder too, because atmosphere makes backups files of prodinfo in that folder

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok.. The restore of the files is over. All the files that the program has restored have a different name from the original one (fxxxxx).. How can I recognize the file that I want?

eliboa

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Find all files matching the expected size (4 176 896 B), open each file one by one with HxD. If the four first bytes are 0x43414C30 ("CAL0" in string), then it's prodinfo.bin.

MikiFanta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Find all files matching the expected size (4 176 896 B), open each file one by one with HxD. If the four first bytes are 0x43414C30 ("CAL0" in string), then it's prodinfo.bin.
I don't have any files with that size (4176,896 Kb) ... Do you think that the program hasn't found prodinfo?

I found a strange file... There are things like "Stuck dump" "tsl dump"... Is that the file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning