Hacking Restore a 7.0.0 NAND Backup on a console updated to 8.1.0

elPrro01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello, yesterday I accidentally updated my Nintendo Switch to 8.1.0 while playing with some backup copies in the latest version of Atmosphere.

Now I would like to know if I can restore a NAND backup made in version 7.0.0 with Hekate.

My goal is to play Fortnite and Realm Royale with a minimal risk of being banned.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, yesterday I accidentally updated my Nintendo Switch to 8.1.0 while playing with some backup copies in the latest version of Atmosphere.

Now I would like to know if I can restore a NAND backup made in version 7.0.0 with Hekate.

My goal is to play Fortnite and Realm Royale with a minimal risk of being banned.
You can restore the backup. Then, you will need to use Hekate to boot OFW since you're going to have a fuse mismatch. After that, you can update to 8.1.0 in the system settings. You won't require Hekate to boot after you update.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can restore the backup. Then, you will need to use Hekate to boot OFW since you're going to have a fuse mismatch. After that, you can update to 8.1.0 in the system settings. You won't require Hekate to boot after you update.

Sounds like he was connected online in atmosphere and even connected to nintendo server to update to 8.1.. even if he did load his backup, im sure he has been flagged by now.. depends if/when nintendo wants to pull the trigger

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he was connected online in atmosphere and even connected to nintendo server to update to 8.1.. even if he did load his backup, im sure he has been flagged by now.. depends if/when nintendo wants to pull the trigger
That's very possible, but there's no harm in trying with the steps I outlined. It's the best he can do.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Also, OP, make sure that your backup has BOOT0 and BOOT1 before you try restoring it, or there will be a mismatch and you won't be able to boot even with a custom bootloader.

elPrro01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
The console updated when my nephew send me the latest update of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol