Help restoring nand backup

locbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so my Switch has been messed up for a while due to me doing a copy & paste on my sdcard & basically not restoring nand correctly after I was finished moving things around. I wasn't aware of using NXnandmanager for anything, and assumed I could just copy everything back to my SD and then just restore through hekate. Now Tinfoil shows "Dirty Backup Found" under Incognito. How can I make it clean again so that I can play online with ofw, etc.?

Attachments

• 48a89dc2-9d73-4dfb-b9b9-e7b6352aced3.jpg
    48a89dc2-9d73-4dfb-b9b9-e7b6352aced3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

locbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used Incognito and you don't have a clean NAND backup you won't be able to go back online.
I do have a clean backup stored elsewhere. I remember having to delete my wifis and I put it and airplane mode. Then made a backup, that's what I have stored somewhere. It's older fw though.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a clean backup stored elsewhere. I remember having to delete my wifis and I put it and airplane mode. Then made a backup, that's what I have stored somewhere. It's older fw though.

It also depend on your fuse count, if your fuse count is too high and your firmware of the backup was really low, good chance you won't be able to boot, even with hekate.

locbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can check your fuse count against the firmware of the backup you got if you know what firmware it is on. Anyway do a backup of current NAND before proceeding to restoring.
Idk if it's that, I read about prodinfo and I never did anything to restore that. Is there a guide for that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk if it's that, I read about prodinfo and I never did anything to restore that. Is there a guide for that?

Not with Incognito if you didn't have a backup of the prodinfo made before wiping then you don't have a prodinfo to restore but even if you restore it you won't be able to go online in current state as it is not a clean NAND.

Reactions: impeeza

locbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with Incognito if you didn't have a backup of the prodinfo made before wiping then you don't have a prodinfo to restore but even if you restore it you won't be able to go online in current state as it is not a clean NAND.
Ok so I have prodinfo in my old backup folder, I just need to clean the nand you're saying? How? I worked off of emummc, and now cfw off sdcard and ive never done anything with sysmmc.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have prodinfo in my old backup folder, I just need to clean the nand you're saying? How? I worked off of emummc, and now cfw off sdcard and ive never done anything with sysmmc.

In your case you need to restore a NAND backup before you done any homebrew/pirated game in order to go back online, even if you put a working prodinfo in your current NAND you would get banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?