Resonance of Fate rated by USK for PC and PS4

f7a7f05f1b0a087a3d972c67b68aaef656365190.jpg

SEGA seems to be continuing their plans to port more of their older catalog of games to the PC platform, according to a new USK board rating. The 2010 PS3 and Xbox 360 title Resonance of Fate might be making its way to the PlayStation 4 and PC soon, as Germany's ratings board leaked both. With a current-gen remaster potentially on the way, it could also mean developer Tri-Ace might have something up their sleeves for the series, as they plan to announce a brand new game during TGS, on the 20th. SEGA's most recent PC port was Yakuza 0, which was met with high sales, but mixed reviews in regards to the quality of the port.

Resonance of Fate is a real-time tactical RPG, with "cinematic" elements. It released to mild praise when it launched, and currently sits at a 74% MetaCritic rating.

:arrow: Source: USK

TokyoDoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is amazing news by far!

I simply have no words at how Sega is actually putting more games to port onto PC.
Please for the love of god Sega bring more game to the PC. I've always loved RoF when I was a teenager.

Game takes me back to such a good place. Thank you Sega.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I totally missed this one on the 360 and been hoping for a PC release. Hope it doesnt cut anything. Definitely gonna grab it.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dove in and finished the brutal grind last summer, it's an amazing game when you actually figure out how to play (for me that was about 30 hours into the 70+ hour title).
Do you have some tips and tricks for us?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unlock those crystals where you can. Once you can hero run basically every turn, which you do want to do and also always leave yourself in a position to be able to do, it becomes somewhat easier. Jumping during a hero run gives you a tiny bit more time and might allow you to dodge things, however it can make other things a tiny bit harder.
During said charge/run times it can be harder to lock onto enemies so memorise their patterns if you do have to swap.
You can move the guns themselves on the customisation page. I did not realise this until long after I was struggling to get the parts I wanted on certain weapons.
Remember to take a few levels in grenade. I know they are annoying for normal enemies and you can dispatch them quicker with the other two types (especially if you are dual wielding) but if you leave grenade to lag then you will start to take ages to level the other two and a level is a level as far as stats are concerned so yeah. Grenades can also help a fair bit with special enemies if you have similarly special grenades. Also don't be afraid to figure out a special enemy's weakness and start a battle again if it is a hard one. Medic kit wise other than when you are being poisoned in a dungeon then you can leave it off for most battles.
The autofire accessories are nice, however if you can learn to do without them (maybe leave them off one character at first, then two) then the additional slot is surprisingly useful.
Once the colosseum gets opened up properly it is well worth doing.
Fabrication can be gamed slightly and is well worth doing rather than just trying to buy things.
As far as customising weapons goes a jack of all trades build is not great. Focus a bit more on a certain aspect but do not entirely neglect the others.
Learn where certain drops are.

Reactions: DS1 and Bimmel

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FAST has the right idea, but unfortunately so much of the game is learning on the fly and getting a feel for what works.

My big tip is that you should try to understand the charge speed and charge acceleration stats as early as possible. These stats, in relation with your distance from the enemy, determine how easy it is to get skills to activate. Skills include stuff like "50% chance to deal 100% damage to your opponent's armor regardless of your strength". Once you understand acceleration, you'll be able to get these skills to activate with enough frequency that even the toughest bosses will be easy.

Your skills don't start becoming super useful until you have around 20 levels devoted to a single weapon, but they'll become a necessity after that. Try to focus each character on specific weapons (pistols or machineguns) for as long as you can, then, when you need to grind, either have them start using grenades or rotate who uses which weapon.

The game is very deep, but you gain the knowledge incrementally as you figure out what works and what doesn't. Early game it might seem like clip size is the most important, but then you realize acceleration is important, but then aim and so forth...

Reactions: Bimmel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol