Resolution problem

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Osaka, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Osaka
    OP

Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    Ok, I hooked up my new monitor (from my other topic) and it looks great. It says the monitor has a resolution of 1440x900, but that resolution does not appear. The highest one that is on the list is 1360 768. Can someone make this a little clearer for me and tell me whats going on? thanks.

2. lagman

lagman I wish I was green.

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2003
    Mexico
    Me, To You
    Sounds like 1440*900 is the highest resolution of your monitor, but 1360*768 is the highest resolution your graphic card can handle. I don't there's any way for you to get 1440*900 other than replacing your graphic card.

3. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    Slightly off topic: I gotta LCD TV for xmas today and I've hooked it up to my laptop as a monitor. It looks alright... but not great

4. acky

acky GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2006
    Have you checked your video card configuration pages?

That's because it's a TV, not a monitor.

5. Osaka
    OP

Osaka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 25, 2007
    United States
    Ragol
    oh no, my graphics card is really good. It supports more then that. I found out the problem btw. All I did was reset my computer and now I was able to set it. thanks anyways ^^;

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice