Gaming Resident Evil Revelations gets 6/10 from EDGE!

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
In the latest edition of the UK's respected gaming mag, issue #237, Resi Evil Rev receives a 6 out of 10 in an in depth 2 page review.

Here are the closing comments from my issue:

Revelations is a pick 'n' mix of the series iconography and mechanics. It takes the best and worst of Resident Evils past and present, and spot welds them together unevenly. If the designers had commited wholeheartedly to either polarity of action or horror, Revelations may have been a headshot, but what wete left with is more like a glancing blow. 6/10

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The game may not even be complete because it isn't even out yet.

6/10? I really need to try it to convince myself.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Going gold is when a game is finished but isn't released. It's sent off to the press to review.
Revelations went gold before Christmas.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Damn straight, you should never take reviews as grounds whether you make a game purchase or not. After all, you're just reading another person's opinion, and as we all know, everybody is a critic.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Damn straight, you should never take reviews as grounds whether you make a game purchase or not. After all, you're just reading another person's opinion, and as we all know, everybody is a critic.
My English is horrible too. Haix. Forgive me for that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Edge is one of the very few gaming magazines with any credibility these days. Sure a game might get good scores in other places, but i'd trust a piece by Edge over some other site any day of the week. Edge Magazine is actually the only thing i've ever subbed to since the writing is so good.

It may be an unpopular score since everyone wants it to be good, but if they've given it 6/10 i expect they've looked at it fairly rather than with rose tinted specs.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Japanese publication famitsu gave the game a 37 out of 40, with the score panning out 10/10/9/8.

Game informer Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) – 9.0

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3/360) – 8.0

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Famitsu is world renowned for a tonne of bias though. Edge isn't.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
But they're the one you quoted.

If Resident Evil Magazine gave the game 10/10 it's not really going to swing opinion. As i keep saying, reviews are ok if the source is good, and EDGE is generally good. If you're sticking with Famitsu you're of the opinion that FFXIII is almost perfect...(39/40) Edge on the other hand were right again (5/10)

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they're the one you quoted.

If Resident Evil Magazine gave the game 10/10 it's not really going to swing opinion. As i keep saying, reviews are ok if the source is good, and EDGE is generally good. If you're sticking with Famitsu you're of the opinion that FFXIII is almost perfect...(39/40) Edge on the other hand were right again (5/10)
XD it all depends who review the games

i only posted to show that you can get a score going your way when you look aound meanning review score in the end are worthess

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The European and the American demo is coming out soon, so you lot can try it out and decide whether this game is worth the purchase or not.

I'm not going to make my decision based on reviews whether they got a high score or not after all, it's their opinion not yours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill