Resident Evil 5 Possible on Wii

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did say Street Fighter IV was possible on the Wii. And of course this is Capcom who are known for surprises so who knows?!

QUOTE said:
"Hypothetically speaking, the Resident Evil 4 engine would work perfectly for replicating the gameplay but we would never be able to recreate the graphical quality. A gun shooting game like Darkside Chronicles makes much more sense for Wii so, in short, Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition isn't likely to happen. Having said that, Cavia has surprised us with the quality of graphics in Darkside Chronicles, so it may actually be possible after all…" - Chief Producer Masachika Kawata

News Source: GoNintendo

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't The Conduit run on the Doom 3 engine? Cause that looks pretty damn good. Resident Evil 4 looks alright on the Wii but I know that the Wii could do so much better for graphics were more time put into it.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since RE4 has been given good appraisal for the Wii version. RE5 will be welcome also, I don't think the wifi will be like its counterparts.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE5 should work fine on the Wii even with some of its main effects like entering buildings and having the light adjust.
The RE4 game was already outdated on the Wii but already looked rather good anyway so they got away with it.
If they actually tried to make a real RE5 port then it would work out.
Not to mention it would be a bit odd re releasing all those RE games on the Wii and never having number five.
Online play would be odd though but with friend codes and wiispeak it won't be too bad.
Though then if there's a "play anyone right now" option they'll have to strip wiispeak options or get their own servers.

I predict they'll end up porting it in the end.
They made RE4 a gamecube exclusive but turned around a released it for PS2 with slightly lowered graphics and some extras.
So if that move was any indication, they'll let RE5 do well with the other consoles then release the Wii version late with a few extra features just to get a second shot at sales.

Street Fighter 4 though is what I'm waiting for. My Wii Hori Arcade pad screams at me at night.... its quite horrible..... it needs a real fighting game to play it with.... to stop the screaming.... argh...

Course they could always pull a Dead rising port and laugh at everyone's pain.
Never know.
Darkside chronicles should be alot of fun though.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that the graphics will be improved by a mile. I enjoyed the previous 'Resident Evil' but, I just didn't feel like they did their best on the game.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, none of this Wii discrimination from games thing would of happened, if Nintendo wasn't so cheap, and put more effort into making a better graphics engine... And Nintendo, haven't approved the idea of making a Wii HD, and are not likely to make one either... Damn You Nintendo, Damn you...

nicman000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Doesn't The Conduit run on the Doom 3 engine? Cause that looks pretty damn good. Resident Evil 4 looks alright on the Wii but I know that the Wii could do so much better for graphics were more time put into it.

Gah?... Buh?
You obviously haven't been following the Conduit
wacko.gif

Well, I thought it had its own special engine, but I guess I was wrong as well.
The Conduit uses the Quantum3 engine which, according to Wikipedia has been modified for Wii.
Quantum3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.