Resident Evil 5 Possible on Wii

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    They did say Street Fighter IV was possible on the Wii. And of course this is Capcom who are known for surprises so who knows?!

News Source: GoNintendo

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Doesn't The Conduit run on the Doom 3 engine? Cause that looks pretty damn good. Resident Evil 4 looks alright on the Wii but I know that the Wii could do so much better for graphics were more time put into it.

3. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Well since RE4 has been given good appraisal for the Wii version. RE5 will be welcome also, I don't think the wifi will be like its counterparts.

4. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    RE5 should work fine on the Wii even with some of its main effects like entering buildings and having the light adjust.
    The RE4 game was already outdated on the Wii but already looked rather good anyway so they got away with it.
    If they actually tried to make a real RE5 port then it would work out.
    Not to mention it would be a bit odd re releasing all those RE games on the Wii and never having number five.
    Online play would be odd though but with friend codes and wiispeak it won't be too bad.
    Though then if there's a "play anyone right now" option they'll have to strip wiispeak options or get their own servers.

I predict they'll end up porting it in the end.
    They made RE4 a gamecube exclusive but turned around a released it for PS2 with slightly lowered graphics and some extras.
    So if that move was any indication, they'll let RE5 do well with the other consoles then release the Wii version late with a few extra features just to get a second shot at sales.

Street Fighter 4 though is what I'm waiting for. My Wii Hori Arcade pad screams at me at night.... its quite horrible..... it needs a real fighting game to play it with.... to stop the screaming.... argh...

Course they could always pull a Dead rising port and laugh at everyone's pain.
    Never know.
    Darkside chronicles should be alot of fun though.

5. tylerxian

Member tylerxian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just hope that the graphics will be improved by a mile. I enjoyed the previous 'Resident Evil' but, I just didn't feel like they did their best on the game.

6. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i hope its better than the crap they made with ps3
    it sucks on ps3

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    they gotta just make the game fun like re2 on the n64 or re3 on the ps1

8. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Just insert the RE5 story into the RE4 Wii engine. It'll sell itself.

9. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    You know, none of this Wii discrimination from games thing would of happened, if Nintendo wasn't so cheap, and put more effort into making a better graphics engine... And Nintendo, haven't approved the idea of making a Wii HD, and are not likely to make one either... Damn You Nintendo, Damn you...

10. nicman000

Newcomer nicman000 Advanced Member

Australia

Gah?... Buh?
    You obviously haven't been following the Conduit [​IMG]
    Well, I thought it had its own special engine, but I guess I was wrong as well.
    The Conduit uses the Quantum3 engine which, according to Wikipedia has been modified for Wii.
    Quantum3