Hacking Resident EVil 2 z64 --> wad

The Beatle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, i was trying to inject the Resident Evil 2 rom (.z64) in the zelda majoras mask wad, i used the auto injectu wad and all the aplications required, including the common-key.ini file, but i get an error:

"ROM ERROR: Rom file too large to inject to the selected entry, exiting!!"

So my question is, how can i make the wad file more larger, so i can inject the game?

Sorry for my bad english...

Thanks in advance...

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game will not work. Its 64MB, which is to big for an N64 emu, which is why it is giving you an error. This is one of the games that will probably never be properly emulated on the Wii, if at all. It has issues on PC N64 emu's.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game will not work. Its 64MB, which is to big for an N64 emu, which is why it is giving you an error. This is one of the games that will probably never be properly emulated on the Wii, if at all. It has issues on PC N64 emu's.

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Beatle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Dookieman, take it easy

oneleggedjack said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtixbylxdye

try it with this, you must use command prompt

I will give it a look

Also i´ve been following this tutorial:

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145911

That give some hope to me, i´m not sure if this will work, i´ve already have the wad according with the instructions given, so i will try it in the next hours, but first i want to ask something else:

I´ve seen comments saying that this injected wads may brick the console, so can you tell me some advices to avoid this?

thanks in advance...

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are really dying for a Resident Evil 2 fix on the Wii, there is always the Gamecube version.

The Beatle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dookieman said:
Sorry internet was screwing up
Don´t worry my friend...

About the topic, i ´ve seen that is no recomended to install preloader in 4.0, and i have that firmware version....

Any other tool that can save my wii if it brick?

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No matter what injection tool you use to put Resident Evil 2 into a WAD for the Wii, it will NOT work when trying to play the game. No chance, no way. Cut your losses and quit now.

Louiethe0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im running on 4.0 and its fine with preloader
Just use preloader .29 which supports 4.0
biggrin.gif

The Beatle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
loesjoel said:
No matter what injection tool you use to put Resident Evil 2 into a WAD for the Wii, it will NOT work when trying to play the game. No chance, no way. Cut your losses and quit now.
Somebody tell me one this:

"Beatle, the computer can make all what you want"

So, if it dont run today, maybe tomorrow, maybe someday, maybe after i die, maybe never, but i will never give up...

Excuse if it reads too crazy or stupid, but that´s the spirit, if for any reason i am unable to inject this game or somehow run it with another method, i will tell you...

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Beatle said:
loesjoel said:
Somebody tell me one this:

"Beatle, the computer can make all what you want"

So, if it dont run today, maybe tomorrow, maybe someday, maybe after i die, maybe never, but i will never give up...

Excuse if it reads too crazy or stupid, but that´s the spirit, if for any reason i am unable to inject this game or somehow run it with another method, i will tell you...
Dude, good for you. I totally dig your enthusiasm. But, you are wasting your time, but good for you. Just download the RE2 for GC and play because you will get NOWHERE. This game is SUPER hard to emulate, even on PC. What makes you think that an emulator made specifically for Majoras Mask will emulate it properly? It won't, just trust me, it will not work. Spend time trying to learn C and make your own emulator then getting this to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.