Gaming Resident Evil 2 remake PC - how do you fell about the game ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello RE Fans.:)

Personally after 3 Days and 4 1/2 Hour playtime..........

....a little sad.....

Great Game,runs perfect without any issues (and there are apparently many about what an Steam posted..) no crashes,makes really great fun.....
til a moment ago after ....

Proceed to a room where the story continues and.............i can´t access/open the door because there is no icon to use.No way,started the game many times but the worse thing is my save game no longer works.....stucks at 78%..

And after many reading/trying etc. i´ve decided to wrote the Capcom/Steam Support and check the files in Steam......and the check says 1 File is corrupt and is requested again and.................it starts a download about 21 GB AGAIN.....:wacko:

Lets see maybe it works after and i´ll hope the savegame is still function.:)

I´ll hope you people get further and have really great fun with this great remake.:toot:

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Proceed to a room where the story continues and.............i can´t access/open the door because there is no icon to use.No way,started the game many times but the worse thing is my save game no longer works.....stucks at 78%..

May I ask which room/where in the story exactly? Curious since I'm currently playing this game (and having a blast) on Steam as well.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello and thank you for reading.:)

May I ask which room/where in the story exactly? Curious since I'm currently playing this game (and having a blast) on Steam as well.

After the crocodile chase/fight when Ada raises the ladder,it goes with Ada per Lift down and then the next room with the typewriter.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finished leon on standard yesterday. Will start 2nd run with clair today or tomorrow.

If you finish with an S+ you unlock a gun with unlimited ammo. On standard there's tons of ammo anyway.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

After a file check via Steam (1 File was corrupt ?!?) and a re-download all is clear.Savegame is ok.Maybe the Pre-Download has an issue.:unsure:
Now i´m continue playing this great game.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

All is fine,i´ll playing through Leon´s + Claire´s Game.:grog:

My personal feeling gets better,now the game runs flawless.

and nice News:

15.02.2019:

3 short Stories for download.:toot:

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finished 2nd run with claire. Overall good, but don't like what they did with the 2nd run scenarios. Feels lazy to have both characters do a lot of the same things and certain story aspects make no sense across the two. At least on the original Story between Leon A/Claire B and Claire A/Leon B were consistent for the most part. This one, feels like Capcom just couldn't be bothered.

Also not sure if I liked how Capcom handled Mr X. While I'm not sure how else they could do it, I didn't feel Mr X added tension. Once you know what rooms he is barred from (won't go in the stars room for example), it's just annoying when he wandering around and just happens to be in the way of a key item/puzzle. So you end up just hanging around waiting for him to fuck off or intentionally making him chase to a safe room, just so you can do what you need. Guy is just a big annoyance.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

oh yes,Mister X.....

Mister X is in Leons Story a little too hard for me (2 Boss fights with very less chances to heal and low ammo.... to survive til the timecounter comes to 5 minutes :unsure:)

I remember one Story is easier and quicker to solve.I´ll take time on the weekend to play the PlayStation original to compare.

The only real nerving for me is the Sherry in the Orphanhouse level.......:wacko:

The Story changes are ok (we have this in Resident Evil 1).Thats the thing with remakes we have to live.:D

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't mind the changes if they were made to clear up the story or bring it inline with later games, but the two stories don't make sense together.

On the original, the A/B actually made sense with each other, you would fight different bosses and for the most part the stories did not contradict each other. For this one, the stories are dumb and don't work with each other. Both characters fight the same three forms of Birkin in the same place. Mr X gets practically ripped in half on Claires, but still chases Leon at a later point in time, could argue their is another, but it's never shown. Annette dies in two different places. With Claire she dies in the small room where you put Sherry, with Leon she shoots Ada and then collapses in a completely different place.

It's not changes, the two sides of the stories literally don't work with each other. For the original that wasn't the case. Leon A/Claire B , Claire A/Leon B worked with each other, for the most part, there wasn't tons of story inconsistences and contradictions.

The 2nd run mode this time around, doesn't really change anything for the characters story wise, there's almost no difference between playing a character on their 2nd run mode and their first. Starting position is a little different, enemies have been moved and mr x is earlier, puzzles are slightly changed & whichever you play 2nd gets the final boss, but it's mostly the same, major plot points all the same, so the two stories have massive conflicts.

Capcom did say no proper A/B this time, but 2nd run and the slight changes just feel like it's just there to stop people complaining about no A/B, rather than actually being two intertwined stories like it was originally.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I´ve completed the First Scenario with Claire on PSX and it was very very easy.Boss fights are the Monster that comes out of Chief Irons,Crocodile + 2 times Birkin (one as G Stage 2 and final as Stage 3/4).There is enough ammo and healing.NO Mister X this time.Two times for work with Leon: in the Weapon Locker choice between weapon and more carring capacity ore take both.And at the end the 1.Fingerprint.Playing relaxed in 2h32min.(no film developed,no extra keys etc. only pure Story).

Compared to the First Scenario with Claire on the Remake i think.:unsure:

I´ll take the Second Scenario with Leon but i remember on PSX you have to play FOUR times for all Boss Fights etc. (Leon1/Claire2 and then Claire1/Leon2).
And i think/hope thats for the Remake.Actual i´m on the 3.run with Claire first.

I´ll see your point.On PSX the First runs of both are different in many ways.The second i think therefor harder on both runs.:unsure:

Brizas99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I'm a blogger, game enthusiast, and a game writer. I've bought the newest Resident Evil 2 Remake, and it's awesome, to say the least. Had an amazing experience with Leon, and today seems like an evening with Claire haha! I've struggled during my first hours, as the game is really intense, and thrilling, however, my skills have increased tremendously heading towards the mid-game. Anyway, I'm writing this because I've noticed a couple of neat tricks that have helped me to hone my skills and thus increase my experience. I've written a guide about the new game, in hopes that it'll be helpful at least to someone! Check out my Resident Evil 2 tips!

Thank you, and have a pleasant experience! With or without my tips, the game is sick, and if anyone is still wondering whether it's worth it, it totally is!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Thank you.
After 30 hours of a mixture of nostalgic/fear (man,like in the old Resident Evil days,i had my moments when its go flooey.:blink:) i´m very glad to buy the game and enjoy every second.Its nice to see i´m not alone.:)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll quote what I said in my comment for the site's review of the game:
I like this game, but does anyone else feel like the game forces the combat on you, rather than giving you the option to run? If you try to run past the zombies throughout the narrow corridors that make up this game, there is a 100% chance for them to grapple, and there's no way to break the grapple without a knife (which breaks after very few uses, which is not realistic in the slightest. There should at least be an option to sharpen it), resulting in guaranteed damage every time. In the old games, it was pretty simple to avoid combat, and if by some chance you did get grappled, with some fast button mashing, you could break free about 75% of the time.

Speaking of combat, the weapon damage is all over the place. In my first Licker encounter, it took 1 direct hit and 2 splash damage hits from flame rounds to kill it (that was after I had to stick a flash grenade in its mouth and fucked it up). In the second encounter, it only took 1 direct hit. Even the regular zombies take anywhere between 1-6 headshots from the samurai edge before they go down, even temporarily (don't get me wrong, I like that you can't tell if they're dead most of the time, it makes the game truly scary, and I haven't been scared by a RE game since the GameCube remake). Idk, maybe it would just be too easy if you could conserve ammo by running from every fight, but I just feel like it's missing that element of strategy from the old games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.