Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 1, and Resident Evil 4 headed to the Switch this May

resident-evil-2.jpg

The previously announced Nintendo Switch ports of Resident Evil 0, 1, and 4 have been given a release date. On May 21st, you'll be able to pick up all three titles on the Switch, with North America getting Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil 1 packed together and sold physically as the Resident Evil Origins Collection. Europe will not be getting a physical release of the games, but they will be available the on the same day, digitally. No price was given, though pre-orders will go live on February 28th.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I hope they do port RE5, RE6 and RE7.
Those ones haven't seen a release in any Nintendo console since RE5's release.

Still, I will be getting all three of these for sure.
RE5 and RE6 are not great. RE7 on the other hand is great. They already got a cloud version for Japan only. One day we'll get RE7 hopefully outside of Japan

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No one would rebuy 2 and 3 in their original form. There wouldn’t be any money in it, at least 1 was technically remade and it was the better version instead of bringing it in it’s original form.

The point was that although the Gamecube 2 and 3 had very minor changes there's little reason they couldn't receive an overhaul to bring them to the same 0, or 1 standards. Even more modest improvements of upping the resolution and upscaling the textures would likely appeal to some people.

Not every Switch owner will have played 2 and 3. Not every Switch owner has access to another system with those titles and not every Switch owner uses emulation and piracy to get access to those older titles. So there's a potential market for them. If 0 and 1 sell well, there could be an easy revenue generator in the form of 2 and 3 ports to the Switch for Capcom.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're going to port 2 I would assume it would be the remake that just came out not the original, if the switch could handle it.

Also there's a rumor they're doing a remake of 3.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Not really, they suffer from a lot of dropped frames. Plus they look blurry, great that they can port them, but they couldn’t really compare to its big brothers.
Besides some slow texture pop-in, I didn't have any issues.

Reactions: FateForWindows

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy Re5 & Re6, would be fun to have local wireless co-op. Something like that could have been done on wii u without split screen, each player would just use their own cause one could use a monitor and the other a gamepad. :)

Miqote

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
As someone who started RE playing 5/6, I love them. I enjoyed 7. I kind of liked 4, never got too far. I thought the RE2 remake was amazing, but the RE1 controls were terrible. I'll give them another shot when this comes out, I guess.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If resident evil 7 was able to be streamed, shouldn’t it have a way to get a physical copy or digital copy on the switch without downgrading the graphics. Not sure but I think the didn’t need to lower the graphics on the switch version.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who started RE playing 5/6, I love them. I enjoyed 7. I kind of liked 4, never got too far. I thought the RE2 remake was amazing, but the RE1 controls were terrible. I'll give them another shot when this comes out, I guess.
I didn't enjoy playing RE4, the good thing about it was that it controls well. One of the reasons why i don't care for the older games. 5/6 are fun when you play with someone which is the whole point. :P

Still feel like the only reason resident evil 7 was in first person mode was cause of the vr selling point. It seem odd to suddenly make the game that way all of a sudden. :unsure:

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished all except 2 and 3. I will so getting them through downloading. Loved Resident 1 and 5,6 and 7 because of Chris Redfield. My favourite character of all time! Hope Capcom will added more sequels to Switch library later. You never know. Many people asked for Resident Evil 2 remake and Capcom said not this time.. So they are hush and might surprised us soon. They better do! I have PS4 for all of them anyway. Switch will be nice addition library for it as well.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
7 would need panic button levels of wisdom to port over even remotely well
It can be done, it's just that Capcom might be too lazy to optimize their RE Engine well enough to port it to such a device. They ported Revelations 2, although that was a different engine altogether, but RE7 and REmake 2 can be ported with some sacrifices here and there.

Differences in graphics and processing stuff is not that big of a deal as it was between porting RE5 to Wii compared to 360/PS3 back in the day.

Still, let's see.
I feel as if Capcom is making these ports to see how much potential the Switch has for Resident Evil games.
If they sell well enough, perhaps Capcom will consider releasing RE7 and RE2 for it. They never say no to a good buck.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be done, it's just that Capcom might be too lazy to optimize their RE Engine well enough to port it to such a device. They ported Revelations 2, although that was a different engine altogether, but RE7 and REmake 2 can be ported with some sacrifices here and there.

Differences in graphics and processing stuff is not that big of a deal as it was between porting RE5 to Wii compared to 360/PS3 back in the day.

Still, let's see.
I feel as if Capcom is making these ports to see how much potential the Switch has for Resident Evil games.
If they sell well enough, perhaps Capcom will consider releasing RE7 and RE2 for it. They never say no to a good buck.
if we buy them and they sell well they may just port over 7 im just saying its unlikley

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM