[request] wupinstaller mount remote server to sd:/install

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gunstorm, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Gunstorm
    OP

Gunstorm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    is possible add a funcionality to donwload games on mobile or desktop but create a ftp or samba server and auto mount it on sd:/install of wii u sdcard to install over wupinstaller?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  3. Gunstorm
    OP

Gunstorm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    im suggesting something different

is create a tool to mount remote folters on sdcard:/install of wii u

example
    i have a folder with 1tb of installations on my computer and i want mount that folter remotly on my sdcard/install of wiiU

like on linux command (example)
    mount 192.168.0.1 smbfs sd:/install

inst copy to sdcard is a mount of a remote folder

Last edited by Gunstorm, Jan 24, 2017
  4. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    There are two problems with this concept.

First is that the WiiU itself has to see the install file path natively. As you can see with the time that it is taking to get native support for FAT32 (a file system that the WiiU already understands on SD cards,) adding a device is not easy.

Second is the speed of network access. We haven't gotten more than about 1.4MB/sec over the interface. At that speed, an installation could take a very long time. And since the install is all or nothing, any error would mean having to transfer the entire installation again. At least when you do the network transfer first, the most you're retransmitting is the file which had the error.